The Hunt For Orion

+
Trying to find the party has made me search EVERYTHING in Dog Town! I can't find it. I can't even get back into the other party to review the pic to see if I missed the details I need. In the effort to find it I found this, and a cool area to parkour. Ironically, parkour is more confined/isolated, in the new version of the game. I'm still saddened by the loss of Fall/High Jump/Dash/High Jump. If there weren't so many cool parts of the new version of the game, I'd cry much more about it.

Needless to say, it's entertaining for me to get into places that aren't tied to the story. I like the adventure and the ability to see oddities that aren't kept as intended features of the game's storyline. I think the artists are geniuses!

I have $30 waiting for another expansion! Hopefully the area behind the mountain in North Oak. We have plenty of guns, clothing, and cars. More interesting cyberware and agent chaos in the environment, PLEASE!

1700621750790.png

1700621776118.png

1700621963929.png

1700622098847.png

1700622120787.png

1700622167290.png

CDPR has already stated that Phantom Liberty will be the only expansion. They will be starting the work on the sequel come next year.

CDPR has already stated that Phantom Liberty will be the only expansion. They will be starting the work on the sequel come next year.
Absolutely aware of that, but it doesn't take away my ability to dream LOL! They also said they aren't finished with adding to this one. Realistically, it'll be the best lie to tell to do something more with the existing game.

Otherwise, Where is Orion?! LOL

1700637347024.png

As far as "Adding" to CP2077, I wouldn't expect much, I want to be clear, feel free to dream, not trying to kill the hype.

BUT..... I'd expect some new "surprise" content when the Ultimate Edition comes out next month, and it's like a few weapons and some clothes, maybe a car, or like a few side jobs/gigs at the absolute most, and I'd definitely caution to expect less than more with that. It probably won't be anything major, and then once they do the last few stability/bug fix patches nothing. I think things are clearly winding down here and they're moving on the Orion pretty quickly.

And If I'm being honest, I don't even know if I expect anything exciting as a surprise with the Ultimate Edition, I just see that as the likely last place it COULD happen IF it does. Outside of that I really don't see any sort of update that isn't a critical bug fix. But the good news with that is Orion is officially moving from pre-production/concept work into active production so we can all get excited about that until we realize it's going to be 5 years minimum turnaround on that if we're lucky. :shrug:

As far as "Adding" to CP2077, I wouldn't expect much, I want to be clear, feel free to dream, not trying to kill the hype.
Thank you! Keep hope ALIVE! LMFAO! Realistically, I agree with what you said about Ultimate Edition! My thoughts are that they have a HELLUVA job to do to top the current game. With what's been done with Phantom Liberty to round out the rough edges of the base game, they still have it as a place to experiment before diving into the next game without trying out the ideas first. (Basically, I'm saying that they need to keep working on the current game as they build the new game to prevent the last 4 years (discounting the previous development decade) worth of fiascos). Even when they call this game "technically" finished, it would be insane to abandon it as a testbed for the next system.

Consider this, Even though they've tossed us a few cool new toys in this system, "El Capitan Missions" etc... Those new additions aren't completely polished yet. It's apparent that they've gotten a flow for the direction of the game that was missing in the beginning. Post-launch feedback did a lot (considering they beta-tested live on the consumer LOL). Phantom Liberty ended up being a lessons-learned treat for the passionate players.

My point?! Why stop now?! Even though I don't use mods, I keep an eye on what's being done with them. I'm basically shopping for what should have been in the game from the beginning. With half a dozen playthroughs, I'm looking at my personal experience going from the initial awe of the world, figuring out what were bugs and what were features, what was intended with the story vs what I experienced through the bug fixes, to finally feeling like, "Oh! This is what they were trying to do!"

Basically, since I bought a "beta test" closing in on a finished product, they ought as well keep it going to assure that my money isn't questioned whether it should be spent on the next game. Realistically, I don't want to wait 3-4 years after the sequel release to feel like I'll definitely be getting what I'm paying for. I rather them keep practicing with this one as they put the next one together. I'm pretty sure the community is good at giving their critique.

My point?! Why stop now?!
Maybe because they're completely done with Red Engine. So just a guess and maybe it's already the case, but likely excepting a little team which will keep working on bug fixes on Cyberpunk, no one will no longer work on Red Engine anymore (and so on Cyberpunk).

Yeah as @LeKill3rFou said, they're moving on to a new engine, so anything they do in CP2077 using Red Engine, would need to be reworked for UE5 anyway, so porting it from one Engine to another would probably take more time and be counterproductive. Not that it can't be done, it just wouldn't make for a great proving ground/testing environment, if it's going to need to be redone all over again in a new system.

The good news with UE5 is that they have a full support team over at epic, so if there is something they can't figure out in the engine Epic can help them make it work (In theory). The bad news is that they need to learn a whole new game engine, but considering they're already using it for TW4, that will hopefully give them a bit of a head start when they go full force into CP Orion.

They've pretty much said other than some basic support PL was the end of the road for CP2077. and with the engine switch I would not expect any big surprise or change to that. But I don't think a few small little things are out of the question, community event rewards, something cool with the Ultimate Edition, maybe a small holiday event. But I'd definitely keep expectations low to not be disappointed and be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

XianeX

Forum regular
Just about everything I've been waiting for! This is an UPDATE!
Post automatically merged:

Maybe because they're completely done with Red Engine. So just a guess and maybe it's already the case, but likely excepting a little team which will keep working on bug fixes on Cyberpunk, no one will no longer work on Red Engine anymore (and so on Cyberpunk).
You're one of my favorite shards in Phantom Liberty. . . Multiple Entente.

Top Bottom