The "Let There Be Flight" mod [Updated 14.09.2022. 1.6 compatible.] [Available on Nexus] [BETA] [Spoilers]

+
If it's still standing then reluctantly have to agree that that despicable gonk's idea wasn't such a bad one after all.
You are aware that the jump button activates the world's most sophisticated, state of the art Speed-brakes?
Touché, that is on the ground. With this mod, that is C. And it is very effective, it can slow down to zero from 3000+ in about one second.
My intent was to have a mid-air explosion, but Cali is too indestructible.

I was able to call the other Cali while walking on the ceiling of a room.

Last edited:
Touché, that is on the ground. With this mod, that is C. And it is very effective, it can slow down to zero from 3000+ in about one second.
My intent was to have a mid-air explosion, but Cali is too indestructible.

I was able to call the other Cali while walking on the ceiling of a room.
Glad to hear you're having fun.

I'm looking to make contact with the modder of the Vehicle Combat mod. Wanna ask them if they can make users to keybind the weapon fire to the controller. My hope is that when that can be done, you can fire weapons during flight. Would be exactly what the doctor ordered to complete all those hustlers in the most shortest amount of time, and in a most entertaining manner.

This mod is very educational and would have helped me a lot to learn about all streets in the city. Before I had this mod, I relied on climbing up on the rails, and starting from there... learning the rail paths, learn how they tie together with city parts. Learn streets in them. With this mod, everything is simply at a glance. One can learn the whole picture in the way most convenient for them.

The team RED apparently learned their lesson from that one... they closed off the Afterlife elevator, which allowed to get on the rails and explore the entire city without mods. I dunno why they would do that, the daredevil building climber component can be quite a perk to the game with such a dense vertical architecture.

Speaking of what is fun for me, besides learning, it is just flight. I like to reach the 460 speed in my Cali, and then, instead of ramming into some building, I just take off when things get too wobbly. Unlike you, I still prefer to land down and get em all with my Overture when it comes to fights.

An interesting detail. Before using a single mod, I was able to walk out the game boundaries by climbing on the southern border, walking all its length over the gate, and coming to a fake (1-pixel wide) wall in the Biotechnica area. Oh my, that day was jolly fun. Here it is!

--

And, ooh, are we making requests? My request goes to the photo mode, to kind of PLS remove the stats bar in it, and make it a regular photo mode where the camera can be repositioned, refocused, zoomed in and out.

Then... a regular airplane mode would be good. I currently use the second one, because it preserves/holds the set speed vector. The first one actually teleports the car at some corner of the world as soon as I let go of the accel button. I guess *that* one is due to high speeds.

What I can tell (though can't arse myself to test) is that the vehicle overhaul mode + modding car physics in it is what allows boosting the speed in the crazy ways it was never meant to be in CP2077. Car flying through the air at an over-3,000 speed (over 2,250 km/h)? That's unseen before. Like said, this mod would get wows from adding the transonic bubble and Mach 1 bangs.

Last edited:
This mod is very educational and would have helped me a lot to learn about all streets in the city. Before I had this mod, I relied on climbing up on the rails, and starting from there... learning the rail paths, learn how they tie together with city parts. Learn streets in them. With this mod, everything is simply at a glance. One can learn the whole picture in the way most convenient for them.

The team RED apparently learned their lesson from that one... they closed off the Afterlife elevator, which allowed to get on the rails and explore the entire city without mods. I dunno why they would do that, the daredevil building climber component can be quite a perk to the game with such a dense vertical architecture.

Speaking of what is fun for me, besides learning, it is just flight. I like to reach the 460 speed in my Cali, and then, instead of ramming into some building, I just take off when things get too wobbly. Unlike you, I still prefer to land down and get em all with my Overture when it comes to fights.

An interesting detail. Before using a single mod, I was able to walk out the game boundaries by climbing on the southern border, walking all its length over the gate, and coming to a fake (1-pixel wide) wall in the Biotechnica area. Oh my, that day was jolly fun. Here it is!

--

And, ooh, are we making requests? My request goes to the photo mode, to kind of PLS remove the stats bar in it, and make it a regular photo mode where the camera can be repositioned, refocused, zoomed in and out.

Then... a regular airplane mode would be good. I currently use the second one, because it preserves/holds the set speed vector. The first one actually teleports the car at some corner of the world as soon as I let go of the accel button. I guess *that* one is due to high speeds.

What I can tell (though can't arse myself to test) is that the vehicle overhaul mode + modding car physics in it is what allows boosting the speed in the crazy ways it was never meant to be in CP2077. Car flying through the air at an over-3,000 speed (over 2,250 km/h)? That's unseen before. Like said, this mod would get wows from adding the transonic bubble and Mach 1 bangs.
You can also use the Freefly mod that lets you go through walls to explore the city. Used that one long before the Flight mod. Very handy for when you get stuck and or want to reach things that are normally out of reach, like access points under the mesh.

Well if the fusion of the Flight mod and Vehicle Combat mod works out, you don't have to land at all and can just blast everything with your Overture from the safety of your Cali midflight... ...Or wait, not the Caliburn. Cannot shoot from that one, (Claire never shoots from that one during the races), but from other vehicles, seemingly of which you can open the windows, you can.

You mean the stats bar of the Flight mod? You can toggle that On/Off pressing Square+D-Pad-Up on the PS controller. No idea which key on the board does that, though. Guess no choice but to press them all in turn to find out.
For the other suggestions, guess have to wait until the author reenables communications again on his site.

Can't tell. Both the Yaiba and brennon go just as fast on the ground an yet, in flight the Yaiba reaches about 1025mph, while the Brennon a whopping 3880mph. No idea why that is.

My modded Cali hits the '457' ceiling with the car overhaul mod. When a car surpasses that speed, its speed just zeroes out. Let there be fight seems to remove that, so my Cali hits about speed '461' as modded. Perhaps I could increase that. Anyhow, while flying, its speed can go above '4000'. I haven't yet hit a speed ceiling with it.

In order to properly control my modded Cali beast on the ground, I can use every frame. E.g., 70 fps makes it generally uncontrollable on a straight path at high speeds like 400+, but 170 fps makes it fairly easy to drive even through some curves at 450+. This is probably the reason they scaled the speed down in-game. Speaking of that, fixing the speedometer would also be nice. So... the number displayed in-game shows a 0.75 factor of km/h. That means the speed "400" is about 300 km/h / 186 mph. Shattering.

Last edited:
My modded Cali hits the '457' ceiling with the car overhaul mod. When a car surpasses that speed, its speed just zeroes out. Let there be fight seems to remove that, so my Cali hits about speed '461' as modded. Perhaps I could increase that. Anyhow, while flying, its speed can go above '4000'. I haven't yet hit a speed ceiling with it.

In order to properly control my modded Cali beast on the ground, I can use every frame. E.g., 70 fps makes it generally uncontrollable on a straight path at high speeds like 400+, but 170 fps makes it fairly easy to drive even through some curves at 450+. This is probably the reason they scaled the speed down in-game. Speaking of that, fixing the speedometer would also be nice. So... the number displayed in-game shows a 0.75 factor of km/h. That means the speed "400" is about 300 km/h / 186 mph. Shattering.
See that you already figured it out. Think the reason you can breach the speed setback in flight is because it was never programmed. It's the same as when entering the water in flight, the oxygen bar doesn't appear, while it does when driving in water.

Think also the speed setback was installed just so the game does not crash. My game always crashes a short while later after having gone that fast.

And the Caliburn's vanilla top speed of 208mph? Exactly the max speed allowed in Europe for any vehicle on the public road.

I mean, to me it looks like Let there be Flight mod removes the '458' boundary for driving on roads. I drove Cali at 461 without getting stopped.
The let there be Flight mod actually crashes/teleports you to a random corner once you let off the acceleration in-flight, if the speed is too high. It doesn't happen in the second (Hover & Fly?) mode.

Re Europe, the speed limits are waaaaaay under 200 mph. Link, Link2

Re Europe, the speed limits are waaaaaay under 200 mph. Link, Link2
I actually meant the maximum speed a vehicle is allowed to be able to reach for it to be sold on the European market.

In my country, that speed sits at 346 km/h. If it can go faster, it must be limited to that speed for it to be allowed on the open road.

Have to look it up again to be sure, but thought it is the same for the entirety of Europe. At the time I thought it was indicative the Caliburn's vanilla max speed was exactly the same as Europe's.

Thanks for the explanation, I will take it.

For what that is, I wish speed was delivered in-game in mph, instead of just intended to be read-as. The in-game 200 is about 150 km/h.

Food for thought, in NC, it should be easy to find a vendor willing to remove the limit for a modest fee. I don't buy that 2077's top-dog car can't do 300 mph, or a speed of ca. '643' in-game.

The in-game 200 is about 150 km/h.
Funny you say that, because when it says that it's only 100m to go, to me, when having travelled that distance, feels more like 400m. Says online that Night City is 75 square kilometers, while when the guide says it's 10 to the city center from my current position, I'm actually already outside its spreadsheet.

Think the speed is based on Night City's scale and maybe also time.

The measurements should be accurate, there was also that chap on youtube who examined it in detail and confirmed that distance units are in meters. The game tells that too, with an appropriate prefix when it's kilometers.

Given that, you can measure how long it takes for you to cross a distance of 1 km at the speed of '200'. The result should indicate you were at 150 km/h.
Post automatically merged:

Going back to this oldie of mine, that was like 24 seconds for 1 kilometer, 1:57 - 2:21, at an about-equal distribution of '209' and '210', so that will be '209.5'. I think vanilla Cali reaches '211' when getting a bit of help from the gravity fwiw.

The speed was 150 km/h. But, that being '209.5', it gives the factor of about 0.716, not 0.75. So, the in-game speed is even slower than displayed. For 300 km/h, one needs to be at '419' speed.

Last edited:
The measurements should be accurate, there was also that chap on youtube who examined it in detail and confirmed that distance units are in meters. The game tells that too, with an appropriate prefix when it's kilometers.

Given that, you can measure how long it takes for you to cross a distance of 1 km at the speed of '200'. The result should indicate you were at 150 km/h.
Post automatically merged:

Going back to this oldie of mine, that was like 24 seconds for 1 kilometer, 1:57 - 2:21, at an about-equal distribution of '209' and '210', so that will be '209.5'. I think vanilla Cali reaches '211' when getting a bit of help from the gravity fwiw.

The speed was 150 km/h. But, that being '209.5', it gives the factor of about 0.716, not 0.75. So, the in-game speed is even slower than displayed. For 300 km/h, one needs to be at '419' speed.
Think you're right. Always found that 208mph was kinda slow to my perception. Found it more on par when going 458. But have you tried going 458mph in your Cali in 1st person? Pretty sure your brain will perceive that speed as a hell of a lot faster then when driving in 3rd.

Food for thought, in NC, it should be easy to find a vendor willing to remove the limit for a modest fee. I don't buy that 2077's top-dog car can't do 300 mph, or a speed of ca. '643' in-game.

Try this mod.

Last edited:
Think you're right. Always found that 208mph was kinda slow to my perception. Found it more on par when going 458. But have you tried going 458mph in your Cali in 1st person? Pretty sure your brain will perceive that speed as a hell of a lot faster then when driving in 3rd.
In fact, I prefer to ride in the 1st person since the camera positioning was fixed in recent versions. ^^

To me, it all looks slow. Controllability of my modded Cali only comes down to how much fps I have. A 170 fps output makes it rather easy to control the car at high speeds, but 360 fps on my 360 Hz monitor would be even better.

In fact, I prefer to ride in the 1st person since the camera positioning was fixed in recent versions. ^^

To me, it all looks slow. Controllability of my modded Cali only comes down to how much fps I have. A 170 fps output makes it rather easy to control the car at high speeds, but 360 fps on my 360 Hz monitor would be even better.
Wow, do you reach that high amount of FPS? I consider myself fortunate when the game on rare occasions temporary goes to 45.

For the feel of the speed, Forza Horizon 5 seems pretty accurate. About eight seconds for one kilometer is ca. 450 km/h. Watch them next to each other, the CP2077 "400+" and FH5 "400+ km/h". That FH5 car is a Koenigsegg Jesko from 2021. I think Caliburn should be waaaaay more advanced beast in 2077. But it isn't. That modded CP2077 car from the video is actually way better than what the vanilla game offers. CP2077 visuals are eons ahead of FH5. Let's get the cars there too?

Last edited:
For the feel of the speed, Forza Horizon 5 seems pretty accurate. About eight seconds for one kilometer is ca. 450 km/h. Watch them next to each other, the CP2077 "400+" and FH5 "400+ km/h". That FH5 car is a Koenigsegg Jesko from 2021. I think Caliburn should be waaaaay more advanced beast in 2077. But it isn't. That modded CP2077 car from the video is actually way better than what the vanilla game offers. CP2077 visuals are eons ahead of FH5. Let's get the cars there too?

Guessing you are seeing the difference between two games their Field Of View.

I've posted a link in the "Comments" of your Cali vid.

Despite it seemingly not officially adjusting the FOV, it does showcase very clearly the difference in FOV that influences our sensation of speed, which is going on, I think, between Cyberpunk 2077 and Forza Horizon 5, which I never played and am unfamiliar which.

Forza Horizon 5 is a racing game? Where Cyberpunk certainly is NOT, which could be one of the reasons why the Reds programmed the FOV in Cyberpunk in such a way that players experience the sensation of the speed way slower then other games.

Cyberpunk's FOV has been discussed many many times before on different media, but the vid shows very accurately how the different FOV settings drastically change how our brain perceives and acknowledges the speed the train is going.

Last edited:
Hi. Speaking of the speed in CP2077, I consider it already proven broken, per plain measurements of computed speed (distance passed / over what time) vs. displayed speed. I only meant to provide vids where the clear difference can be observed, alas I neglected to consider that the message can be ambiguous depending on the audience, and past the point of diminishing returns if the interlocutors aren't on the same page. That gap is further augmented by the fact that the two videos I posted aren't made from the same relative altitude, which also has an effect on the intuitive perception of speed. Nvm.

A consequence of this mod is that the speed cap is removed from cars.
That means we're talking some very interesting physics. You are talking here with an ex Quaker. I wouldn't be one if I didn't try this look-alike of a circle jump.

Top Bottom