The "way" missions and quests "gets" to you...

+
I do not know if this has been discussed but after days of silence (I uninstalled the game at all on my pc) I was thinking about the way you discover and get missions in this game.
I am aware that maybe this is due to my expectations from RPGs in general, but usually you "search" for quests and talk to npcs and discover things in the world.
Well, this point has been a huge letdown and prevented me from enjoying the game in full,
I had never the urge to search anywhere, nor the feeling of talking to anyone in particular,
the way you get missions and quests 90% directly from a message or call is a big disappointment.
Beware it is just me maybe who come from skyrim and the witcher 3.

The feeling of casualty, improvisation, you arrive somewhere and you get triggered by something... I miss it.
You get dozen and dozen of objectvies without real playing the world.

Am I missing something ?

There are still missions that you can discover whole you explore. It's not just phone calls. Also, sometimes you will only get the phonecalls when you're near the mission.

I dont know. Maybe more? Like I said, you have to get close to the areas before you get the phone calls.

So this quote from you..."The feeling of casualty, improvisation, you arrive somewhere and you get triggered by something... I miss it.
You get dozen and dozen of objectvies without real playing the world."

Not entirely true because you still have to show up to trigger the phone calls. If you didn't explore, you would not get the quest.

Somethings did bug me with this. Seeing the ? markers on the map is fine. But the way the game introduces various characters was dumb. The fixers etc. just call you cause you're known. First, we're disconnected from that. Thanks to the montage at the start. On top of that. Instead of getting us introduced to Regina and Wakako during story missions. They just pop up. All bad story development.

The dumbest thing is the Tarrot card missions. WHY are they marked on the map? They are a very insignatcant element towards Misty's story. Which was poor as it is. It doesn't influence the game in any way. Moreso just a forshadowing gimick. Why weren't they treated as the hidden packages in older GTA games. Where we just stumble upon them as a little bonus.

I do not know if this has been discussed but after days of silence (I uninstalled the game at all on my pc) I was thinking about the way you discover and get missions in this game.
I am aware that maybe this is due to my expectations from RPGs in general, but usually you "search" for quests and talk to npcs and discover things in the world.
Well, this point has been a huge letdown and prevented me from enjoying the game in full,
I had never the urge to search anywhere, nor the feeling of talking to anyone in particular,
the way you get missions and quests 90% directly from a message or call is a big disappointment.
Beware it is just me maybe who come from skyrim and the witcher 3.

The feeling of casualty, improvisation, you arrive somewhere and you get triggered by something... I miss it.
You get dozen and dozen of objectvies without real playing the world.

Am I missing something ?
I kinda agree with you there. And I think that probably also contributes to the complaintm any people have that the city just feels "dead".
There is no sense of reward for straying off the path or keeping an eye out for interesting details that lead you to a quest.
Everything is marked on the map and all you need to do ride up to it to be able to read the details.
To be honest, I think gig's would be so much more satisfying already by hiding the icons on the map. Let the fixer surprise you by the offer at least without expecting it already.

Top Bottom