Am i overlevelled?

+
I feel im way Over levelled ,i played through on release doing everything and got to level 48,on my new playthrough 2.0 i started by doing all the ncpd scans and gigs in Watson and Japan town and am just finishing up Panam's quests and have completedcompleted most of act 2 , still to do Rogue and Rivers missions and havent even looked at phantom liberty stuff and im level 47.
I will most likely try to complete everything just feel ive got to 47 way to quick, does the progression between 50-60 slow down or is it much the same?

Not sure if it slow done after level 50-60, but I know you earn quite a lot of xp by completing NCPD Scanner Hustles (xp for defeating enemies and xp for completing it, and relatively quickly).
I can't say if you earn more than pre 2.0 m(aybe a bit more)

With level scaling, you pretty much never (way too) "over leveled" like it was the case before 2.0.

I didn't do phantom liberty until level 45. I felt abit OP
Enemies in Dogtown are a bit stronger than enemies in the rest of Night City, so it should be fine :)

Edit : Thinking about it, I think it also could be tied to level scaling :)
Before, the enemies max levels were 30-35, so after reaching level 30-35, you didn't earn "more xp by enemy defeated" until the end of the game. So you leveled up more and more slowly. While now, enemies are scaled to your level, so you earn more and more xp by enemies defeated until the max level (60). So in theory, you level up more constitantly (and well more quickly after level 30-35).

Last edited:
Level scaling helps mitigate the feeling of being "Overleveled"

Though, on the other hand, late game V is just ridiculously powerful even with that, making the game a breeze even against scaled up Dogtown enemies...

But yeah, level scaling is kind of whack, with how quickly you level up. Even pre-2.0 you could get pretty high level in just Act 1 (Thanks to a disproportionately large amount of gigs and NCPD hustles being in Watson).

This will always end up making you feel OP because your character simply scales better than everyone else. Even more so if you get some of the strong implants from Phantom Liberty.

If you feel overpowered then let off the gas. Start toying with your enemies more, or collect unspent perk points like trophies. Don't take anything more than you need and don't open every fight full tilt sandevistan/quickhacks or whatever.

I've been doing this since forever in this game, I used to keep low level versions of my weapons in my inventory so I could downgrade my damage during boss fights and enjoy the scrap.

Get yourself in a pinch and then pull a "This isn't even my final form." to turn the tables.

Though, on the other hand, late game V is just ridiculously powerful even with that, making the game a breeze even against scaled up Dogtown enemies...
Honestly this is my experience in any game with level scaling because level is not the only thing going up as you play. You gain more abilities and better gear and you still end up with the sense of having become more powerful than your enemies by the end of the game.
I've been doing this since forever in this game, I used to keep low level versions of my weapons in my inventory so I could downgrade my damage during boss fights and enjoy the scrap.
That hasn't been a problem for me on Very Hard. Or I am just not that good. Yeah, I can go through normal enemies like tissue paper but then the game throws a few elites at me in an ambush or a ridiculous boss fight like that Sniper in PL and I have to scramble and use all my toys not to end up chewing floor tiles.

That hasn't been a problem for me on Very Hard. Or I am just not that good. Yeah, I can go through normal enemies like tissue paper but then the game throws a few elites at me in an ambush or a ridiculous boss fight like that Sniper in PL and I have to scramble and use all my toys not to end up chewing floor tiles.
I don't have a chance to play the dlc, but I've seen on streams that the enemies there look stronger. Unfortunately, for some reason in the main game the enemies weren't pumped up that much and by level 40 I didn't feel any difficulty anymore

The balance in this game has always been busted and level scaling or not, you always end up overpowered in this game unless you just gun through the main story and ignore everything else.

I also am confounded by the leveling system in this game, it almost seems like the experience you get is arbitrary and is more of a sideline. They did this in the Witcher 3 as well and it seems that it's done like this to prevent experience grinding or people getting stuck.

I haven't needed to keep low level weapons after the expansion, but back in 1.6 it was the only way to really engage with the bosses without them just instantly dying. They could still be fun fights but you had to come down to their level and fight them on their own terms. It's just an example of how to get more enjoyment out of a game when the balance is off.

Top Bottom