Tips about driving for those on keyboard (Game ver: 1.23)

+
Disclaimer:
I'm on Xbox One X and I have no way to test these and if if car/driving physics work the same on console/PC versions of game, if so these might help.

Handbrake and cornering:

On Xbox handbrake is on A button (on/off). Throttle is analogue but the point is, that throttle overpowers handbrake, so car can be set to slide with steering and handbrake and recover, head to intended direction, without releasing handbrake immediately.

Since most cars in game has real wheel drive, it may feel from counterintuitive to absurd, accelerating while pressing a key to lock rear wheels, but it can help with:
  • Real wheel drive and Rear Engine cars: as car physics has some weight transfer, keyboard users can potentially get more out of them, may require perhaps a bit bold approach but perhaps have overall more control and options going around turns.
  • All RWD cars: There appears to be quite a bit of steering lag and AFAIK it has been there on PC since day 1. Point and shoot style, I try to explain above may help a lot with that on keyboard.

General:
  • Racing during Claire's job, The Beast: In city races, it might be useful to use outside to middle / outside again in corners. This is to avoid sidewalks and similar bumps to introduce additional keyboard multitasking. Speed isn't actually a problem, racing line really doesn't matter that much, but racing as smooth as possible minimizes risks, missing checkpoint and may contribute to feeling actually driving and racing.

Top Bottom