Cannot finish I've seen that face before

+
Hiyas.
I can't finish this quest, because I can't drive the car. No, I don't mean the bug where you can't get it to work at all. They work, but I can't drive them well enough to go anywhere. Bikes are fine, and actually even kind of fun. But cars just slide and slew back and forth, and if I go faster than grannyspeed I wreck within 30 seconds unless the road is straight, and when city driving comes up forget it. I am playing on PC with an xbox controller. Been playing lots of games for a long time, I know how this works. I driven all kinds of stuff in otehr games. Even horsies in The Witcher. The cars in cp 2077 are just unplayable for me. Specifically, I can't get past this quest. There's another quest or two that I couldn't do too, but this is one I really cared about.
I've tried the mod where you edit a vehicle ini file, didn't seem to do anything. Yes, it's in the right spot. I tried to set the controller sensitivity down, that didn't seem to have any affect, Getting ready to quit on it, which is too bad because it's otherwise a great game now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CDPR - suggestion: add an 'easy driving' option in settings that dumps all the physics on cars and makes them pay attention to controller sensitivity settings.

Guest 4732906

1. Set the population to LOW
2. Take a bike
3. Practice and playing with settings makes perfect.
4. over time graduate from hitting objects.
if this fails

5. get the old need for speed, finish it.
6. return to cyberpunk and drive like a monster.
good luck.

also make sure your controller is still healthy and calibrated if the controller is aged.
i know one guy that got stuck trying to play cyberpunk because the dead zone was huge due to the controller being dropped.

1. Set the population to LOW
2. Take a bike
3. Practice and playing with settings makes perfect.
4. over time graduate from hitting objects.
if this fails

5. get the old need for speed, finish it.
6. return to cyberpunk and drive like a monster.
good luck.

also make sure your controller is still healthy and calibrated if the controller is aged.
i know one guy that got stuck trying to play cyberpunk because the dead zone was huge due to the controller being dropped.

It's not population lag.
I can't take a bike, this quest locks you in a car and you have a timed drive while the passengers are 'fighting' you. I wish I could, the bikes work great.
I have practiced for hours.
I am not going to go get some other game. I've driven in plenty of games.
Controller is new, but I'll check dead zones.

Guest 4732906

lower population means less people and cars to hit so you can get used to the driving more than dodging.

Ah. I know what you are saying, but that is not the problem. I have practiced with no people. its not the people. Its this quest and the cars being un-driveable for me. I get that you all drive great. Congrats. There is no other way to complete this quest (see thread title) in phantom liberty without a timed drive while passengers fight you. I can't do it, and have been trying for weeks. So never mind, I'll check the controller and if that is working ok then I guess I just won't finish phantom liberty.

Last edited:
Ah. I know what you are saying, but that is not the problem. I have practiced with no people. its not the people. Its this quest and the cars being un-driveable for me. I get that you all drive great. Congrats. There is no other way to complete this quest (see thread title) in phantom liberty without a timed drive while passengers fight you. I can't do it, and have been trying for weeks. So never mind, I'll check the controller and if that is working ok then I guess I just won't finish phantom liberty.
The sequence where the Netrunner are „fighting“ you shouldn’t last that long and is kinda hard to handle for everyone it’s given by the game that you shortly lose control until the ICE is uploaded again… if you are playing a runner yourself or have at least proper INT stat you can shorten this duration by a fair amount after entering the car in the first place… it will also extend your time to finish the mission… - on non-Int base builds the time can run out faster but should be manageable tho : /

you can also try to leave hands off control while the runner are hacking the car - letting them take control for a few secs might avoid crashing somewhere off road if you don’t try to counter steer. you will lose some secs that way and have to be more focused the second you regain control of the vehicle to reach the savespot in time afterwards… after all it’s not bugged or your controller, nor vehicle settings (that’s also why your try with mods didn’t succeed) - it’s part of the mission having a hard time to handle the car while the runners are trying to get back the control of the vehicle : /

anyways… your are on pc right? have you tried to play the mission with mouse & keyboard, if you can’t manage it with controller? - just to get through tho…?

Last edited:

Guest 4732906

keyboard allows for much tighter turns and control.
low sensitivity. i use 5 to 15 depending on the car, hope you get there.

The sensitivity is off the charts with a lot of elements in this game. You can barely touch a supposedly 'solid' object in a vehicle and it crumbles. And then people run screaming from you as if you're going to kill everyone in sight. Although, to be fair, random drivers will actually do that for no apparent reason so I guess they have reason to be paranoid.

But yeah, turning is so incredibly sensitive, as is acceleration and braking. And I haven't yet found a way to fix any of it. It's just bad.

Top Bottom