top 10 favorite games

+
TIme to give this an update. My list has changed quite a bit from April 2020. #7 and #8, especially #8 (as it's not a PC game), I haven't played in ages, but they are on the list regardless.

1. Valheim
2. Hogwarts Legacy
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. The Talos Principle
6. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
7. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
8. Burnout 3: Takedown
9. Terraria
10. House Flipper

TIme to give this an update. My list has changed quite a bit from April 2020. #7 and #8, especially #8 (as it's not a PC game), I haven't played in ages, but they are on the list regardless.

1. Valheim
2. Hogwarts Legacy
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. The Talos Principle
6. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
7. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
8. Burnout 3: Takedown
9. Terraria
10. House Flipper
I have 5 of 10 currently installed on my console :giggle:
Burnout Takedown was awesome, it's been a while but I remember to spend ages to make the most epic crashes possible.

Burnout Takedown was awesome, it's been a while but I remember to spend ages to make the most epic crashes possible.
Yeah, same. Trying to get those headlines, or even just some of the gold medals... it was not easy. But it was fun.

I probably never did complete some of the Burning Lap events, and certainly not the Formula Grand Prix cup or whatever the series of events was called. Those cars are way too fast, and way too hard to control, for roads with traffic on them.

I also remember my brother and I spent aaaaaaaaages trying to get some of those Signature Takedowns, and the challenges (with the four levels of difficulty).

I also remember my brother and I spent aaaaaaaaages trying to get some of those Signature Takedowns, and the challenges (with the four levels of difficulty).
With my friends we spent whole nights on this game simply to try to make the best crashes ever each in turn... (to the great displeasure of my parents^^). It was quite an art (and rather difficult) to make beautiful crashes :D

I'm pretty sure I still have the disc somewhere in a cardboard... Could be fun to replay it a bit (I think my Series X is able to read the disc and run it).

I’m not sure it’s really my favorite game exactly so much as it was absolutely wonderful and really drew me into CRPGs. I’d say my number one game remains Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Ann, and it’s expansion Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal. I played the games in 1998 roughly. I tried the Enhanced Editions but they weren’t enough to recapture the magic. I might give Baldur’s Gate III a try but it will probably serve to cheapen my memory more than anything else.

No particular order

Oblivion, Mass Effect, Pokemon Blue, The Walking Dead, Fallout 3,Spyro,Halo 3, Destiny 2,Disco Elysium and Cities skylines

Hmmm...
CP2077, Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock 1 & 2, GTA IV, Wolfenstein: New Collosus, Old Blood, New Order; Half-Life 2, Saboteur, Assassin's Creed (most)

Am I the only one who came into this thread not realizing it was first created in 2014, and was then really confused that all of my favorite games from the last 10 years were completely absent from everyone's list?

Anyway, here's my list :
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Outer Wilds
3. Mass Effect trilogy
4. Cyberpunk 2077
5. Uncharted 1 to 4
6. Disco Elysium
7. Last of Us Part II
8. L.A. Noire
9. God of War & God of War Ragnarok
10. Far Cry 3

Diablo 1,2,3, Dark Souls 1,2,3 Zelda N64 both games Resident Evil 1,2 Nemesis and code Veronica, Witcher 1,2,3 For Honor Castlevania SofN and of course Divinity Original sin, Dragon Age, and many more.

Current list as of today:
3-and-a-Half-Years-Later. New list as of today has a new game at the top, and one old favorite that crept back on after I hadn't played it in like a fifteen years.

Baldur’s Gate III (2023) - New game on top! Saw the other day it won a ton of awards, and it's well deserved. Great game.
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (1998)
The Witcher III (2015)
Crusader Kings II (2012)
Mass Effect 3 (2012)
The Last of Us (2013)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (2017)
Europa Universalis II (2001)
Final Fantasy XII (2006)
Red Dead Redemption II (2018)

BG3 was pretty good, but not nearly good enough for me to knock anything else off the list. However, my list is outdated. New list:

1. Skyrim
2. Baldur's Gate 2
3. Ghost of Tsushima
4. XCom Enemy Unknown with Long War mod
5. Witcher 3
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Mass Effect Trilogy
8. Rome Total War
9. Total War Warhammer 2
10. Red Dead Redemption (would put RDR2 just for the fantastic gameplay, but I despise the story so much that I never finished it)

My list based on not only how I felt playing them at the time, but also how I've felt when I've gone back to replay them:
  1. Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Elden Ring
  4. Final Fantasy IX
  5. Hogs of War
  6. Super Mario 64
  7. Divinity: Original Sin 2
  8. Pillars of Eternity 2
  9. Drakenguard
  10. Fallout: New Vegas
Some honourable mentions, which were great to play the first time around, but I haven't replayed since:
  • Octopath Traveler
  • World of Warcraft up to Wrath of the Lich King (The original releases not the "Classic" version where everyone is a sweaty metagamer)
  • Team Fortress 2 (I played this SO much until the Manconomy update)
  • Knights of the Old Republic 1+2
  • Discworld
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliiance
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Witcher 3
  • Dark Souls 1+2
  • Skyrim

9. Drakenguard
Thumbs up. Taro is just a genius setting up the Drakenguard & NieR universe. For me personal his games, storytelling and connections to each other are just unbeatable. Yet alone the need of replayability (in nearly every title) to get the whole picture/plots of the stories is outstanding.

His work is just great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom