Transferring PS4 Saves to PS5 Before Playing Phantom Liberty

+
Greetings! I'd like some clarification in regards to what I'm supposed to do before playing Phantom Liberty. I had rented and played Cyberpunk 2077 on my PS4. Now, from my understanding, Phantom Liberty will require the base game in order to boot. I don't own it, nor is it still installed in my storage, I only keep games' save files. Since I want to continue with the choices and the progress I had already made, I would like someone to please detail the exact steps I'll need to take in order to enjoy the expansion on my PS5 with the progress I had made on the base game on PS4. In other words, do I only need to transfer a single save file or what?

Thank you all in advance!

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm not a PS Plus subscriber.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cant give you a detailed guide, however there is detailed guides about how you can transfer your savefiles from a PS4 to a PS5.

The short summary from what I recall I had to do was: both systems must be running simultaneously on the same network and you must be signed in with the same account and then you can perform the transfer from your PS5.

This link should also be of help: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/transfer-games-saved-data-ps4-ps5/

Top Bottom