Trigger for "Violence" quest?

+
Hey all!

So I'm doing my second run-through of Cyberpunk 2077 (the PS5 version this time) and I just completed "Search and Destroy". Now, according to the official guide and several sites, that should be sufficient to trigger "Violence" and, indeed, I seem to recall that being the case the first time I played the game. This time, however, despite passing a week in-game waiting, I have not gotten the text triggering the quest. Now, I have not completed the "Soulkiller" job chain yet (i.e. I have not done "Transmission") and I've read some people claim all three Act 2 job chains must be completed before "Violence" will start. Does anyone happen to know the exact trigger for "Violence" and if it has changed since version 1.3?

Thanks!

I don't believe it changed in 1.5 :(
I just remember that even if you start this quest "too early", Lizzy send you a message as soon as you leave the No-Tell Motel which say that Liam is not in Night City at the moment (so you have to "wait" and complete other things).
I have always thought (maybe I'm wrong), it was triggered by starting Johnny's quests (especially Kerry's one, which also happen in the Riot)

I'm also currently replaying CP77 and the quest in question poped-up for me yesterday just after A Cool Metal Fire (a part of Chippin' In), so it seems that it won't start until Act 3. In this playthrough I did Takemura's Act 2 quests (including Search and Destroy) first and only then proceeded with Voodo Boys storyline, so there was plenty of time for Violence to trigger while still in Act 2, which didn't happened.

Last edited:
Huh, I reloaded to a save just after "Search and Destroy" and drove around for twenty minutes and the mission popped. I swear, I will never fully understand how this game handles these things.

Huh, I reloaded to a save just after "Search and Destroy" and drove around for twenty minutes and the mission popped. I swear, I will never fully understand how this game handles these things.
I believe that is "random" at some level. During one playthrough, you can receive the message right after, few days later during another one and "way" later in another one :)

Top Bottom