Tweak to Statuses (Defender, Poison)

+
I'd like to hear your suggestions, but I have to say that the poison one would just absolutely destroy the whole mechanic. I've also given up playing the game for now, but we should never stop wanting a better game.
The only thing it could possibly ruin is self-poison archetype, which, I agree, is a problem.

But otherwise, a 4p Fang applying a poison to a 5p body would result in 7 total value which is exactly what 4p cards play for currently, and have the additional benefit of taxing further boosts on that card, which is especially relevant against self-boosting engines. That's much more reasonable than 2 4p's easily playing for 16-25 value together. Over half of which is removal, which is more valuable than raw points.
In fact, it could be even stronger against them this way, because you get to partially control more targets.

Which, in turn, could make cards like Rot Tosser and spell-tutoring Blightmaker relevant. Maybe even Dames, who knows?
I for one definitely prefer a meta/gamestate with active-reactive options (meaning numerous ways for removal) than a stagnating pool of engines and boosts, literally across all factions, 24/7.
Well, currently it's "just removal". Unitless ST in particular pack so much removal, they have to discard it sometimes. And it automatically makes the vast majority of engines and soft control options obsolete, greatly limiting the variety of the decks. Not "counterable", but nearly or completely unplayable. Only NR currently can afford to play pure engine decks, and even then, only because of having a bunch of copying cards. You're entitled to your preferences, obviously, but it's definitely not a good gamestate.

I disagree completely. The scanrio you describe is everthying but interactive and enjoyable for me.
Interactivity isn't a subjective thing. There's only one way an encounter between Emhyr and Heatwave can end - Emhyr dies. That's it. The only possible outcome, a 1 for 1 trade. If countering him required locks or several damage sources, and, conversely, actually using him required additional boosts and purify tech, that would objectively be more interactive. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but I find tense contests of objectives far more enjoyable than 1 for 1 trades.
Since most decks nowadays run multiple high-level threats and each would warrant the use of Heatwave, this makes the actual useage of this card rather tactical. Knowing when and what to Heatwave (or nuke with any other hardremoval cards) is significantly more complex than most who criticize it would accept.
That's kinda true. Or, rather, it could be, but isn't, because when you start a game against any given metadeck you know what card you will have to Heatwave/Invo/Vilgefortz/whatever long before it appears on the board. There's no complexity to it, it's just pure formality. See pirates? Expect Crach. Playing against the Gift? Gotta have the last say and nuke Gord.

I won't deny that there are situations where you have to deviate from the obvious line, but they are few and far between, and are usually forced by a dire boardstate, which means it's not really a tactical choice.
You need to be able to prepare with at least 2-3 alternate interactive answers to your opponent's side and use them at the very right time, or be able to have an even greedier playstyle potentially outpointing his/her threats and engines on the long run.
Yeah, precisely, you have to add hard removal. You could, in theory, forego adding Invocation and Anseis and try to get even greedier, but in reality this won't get you anywhere, because the game is so oversaturated with easy and reliable hard control options, that even a ridiculously greedy deck often has trouble sticking anything. So it's much easier and more reliable to have Invocation than one additional greedy engine, because unlike, say, Emhyr, it's virtually guaranteed to find a decent trade.

Just a general tip: the direction you don't prefer - although it is usually easier for one to digest by believing so - is not necessarily driving anything to "it"s doom".
With the game's current way of things, it might be. At the very least it's doomed to my own eyes, unrelated to what others see on it.

My statement was rather clearly a rant, expression of emotions. So I think it's normal to have it exaggerated and at the same time, be seen unseriously. Though oddly I'm replying your reply seriously, so I don't know now, haha.

Top Bottom