Unexpected grenade replacement

+
Watch out chooms. I think I have run into some unexpected (maybe not technically bugged) behaviour when it comes to looting grenades. If you have a grenade active as your quick combat item, and you loot a grenade of higher tier than the active one, it seems that your active grenade is immediately swapped out for the "better" one.

That would often be a good thing, except when you are unlucky enough to loot a higher-tier "non-damaging effects" grenade when you had been using damaging/lethal grenades. As a stealth character I only use grenades by tossing them around corners and then ducking back out of sight. I never see the explosion, only hear it. It took me a while to realise that I had been lobbing EMPs at enemies when I thought I was hitting them with high-ex. I had wondered why grenade damage had been tapering off rather sharply :LOL:

So, from time to time, I'd suggest checking that the equipped grenade is really what you expected it to be and hasn't been swapped out for something that's technically superior but not what you wanted.

Ah, so that's why my slotted grenade has changed on me more than once. Tossing the wrong grenade isn't too fun.

Thanks for posting this.

Yes, I noticed that my health items got upgraded by their own while playing which is a good thing, but for grenades, not so good :(

Top Bottom