"Walking" doesn't work properly (still in version 2.1)

+
Thank you for another update for the best game ever :)
Described problem was experienced on PC (v. 2.1 without any mods), I can't confirm this behavior on other platforms.

My experience:
1. In some moments of the game when running is not allowed (e.g. cutscenes) - switching to "walk" (default key "G") unnaturally slows down player's animation. In such moments, switching from running to walking should have no effect. It looks strange when we look down - body animation is way too slow.
2. Walking is automatically switched to running (not sprinting) by some in-game events. For example, during initial mission at the border crossing (starting as Nomad) - after getting out of the car with the DOA receipt -> I "walk" to the window where I have to leave the weapon, after finishing the dialogue the walk is automatically switched back to running. Sometimes I have to switch back to "walk" several times during one cutscene or other moment if my intention is to 'keep walking', not running.

I am talking about switching between walking and running (not sprint).

I think walk should only be disabled by pressing the assigned key again or enabling sprint.

It's very easy to reproduce and save file/video are not necessary in this case.

This is a known bug since 1.0

When you follow NPCs you walk automatically at thier pace. If you toggle walk again, game just decreases walking speed to super slow.

Also, game resets walk toggle whenever you enter a building or a room.

Yep, I've been creating tickets regarding walking automatically switching to running with every patch ever since toggle walk button was added (I believe it was 1.5) and every time I just got response that the dev team is aware of it and are working on the fix. Looks like 1,5 year still wasn't enough.

Seems like this "feature" wasn't the high enough priority so far, but it's good to know that developers are aware about this.
Let's hope it will be implemented sooner than later.

I wish the walk/running was handled better, just like in the Witcher 3, automatically switching to walk when entering a building and adjusting the walk speed to the npc you're following without having to constanly toggle it on and off each time.
Also I notice that everytime you do an action that requires interaction (putting the gun down like the example in OP), the game automatically switches to default fast walk.

I experience this mess, too. In almost every scene where you play another character (not including the twins, but with Johnny, Aguilar and Hansen) walking is completely impossible. And sometimes even changing the room or having a conversation resets the walk. It's no game-breaker, but annoying as hell.

Top Bottom