Weekly Poll 4/15/20 - What are you gonna play it/own it on?

+

I'm planning to have Cyberpunk 2077 for:

• Total voters
I want to run cyberpunk on a crossfire r9 290, multi GPU setup in 4k. With DX12 the onus is on developers to support mGPU setups. PLEASE CD project red support mGPU like you did in the Witcher 3!! Pretty please

Guest 4211861

1070 from 2 years ago is now mid-range? Was it always mid-range? I don't even know anymore.

Whatever, just hope it loads with medium detail.

I want to run cyberpunk on a crossfire r9 290, multi GPU setup in 4k. With DX12 the onus is on developers to support mGPU setups. PLEASE CD project red support mGPU like you did in the Witcher 3!! Pretty please
that isn't going to happen I don't think mate, youll probably have to turn off crossfire as it will more than likely impact performance negatively even. id consider getting newer cards

:facepalm:I always play games on my PS4 Pro which is awesome! PS5 looks good to me because of its boost mode.

Still running my quad core i5 7400 and have to up until prices drop and definitely play CP2077 on it at release, probably save up for i7 8700k or i9 9900k (which is better to switch to?). No, there's no need to switch to different motherboard despite all Intel claims of otherwise. Same for GPU, RX 588 should be able to pull it off at highest preset with some adjustments.

Im going to have it several places myself. Im starting off on ps4 already preordered it there. Probably about my birthday next im getting nextgen console (still up in air if be ps5 or xbox) and I will get it on PC later at somepoint when they open it up for modding as pc tends to get better options for that even when consoles do get some modding support

PS4 Pro first. Then after an expansion and, more importantly, mods are available, I'll get a new gaming PC and re-purchase on GOG.

Still running my quad core i5 7400 and have to up until prices drop and definitely play CP2077 on it at release, probably save up for i7 8700k or i9 9900k (which is better to switch to?). No, there's no need to switch to different motherboard despite all Intel claims of otherwise. Same for GPU, RX 588 should be able to pull it off at highest preset with some adjustments.
would upgrade your GPU before CPU.

Bruh, this CPU bottlenecks RX 588 at 1080p (I play at 1440p tho), what's the logic behind upgrading GPU first?

if you've got personal experience than fair enough mate, just figured he'll see the biggest performance increase with a new GPU in the meantime until he can upgrade the CPU

Going to play on Xbox One and then patiently away for my free copy after I get a Series X,

I was going to make a beowolf cluster of toasters to play on 🙃 :-D
I am in between options. I have a pretty old i3 that has a 1080 GTX. I may have to upgrade stuffs eventually, but it works for now. I have win 8.1 on it and i see no reason to upgrade anytime soon.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Sapphire RX 590
16GB DDR4

Running custom lean OS
GPU fine for now. I'm not sure how high my Tomahawk B450 MAX can go..

Very high end indeed. Built my rig for this you know. In fact, it was ready for the April release. :p

Doubt I'll have to upgrade in September.

I will probably upgrade by current system with a mid-range RTX card, and maybe a new i9 processor. A new monitor is needed as well, so I have some work to do before I am ready. I could probably run it fairly well on my GTX 1070, i7700, but I really want the best experience possible right from the start.

My goal is to be able to play at Very High detail at 1080p with steady 60fps. I don't know exactly what system is required to play at Very High or Ultra detail at 1440p with steady 144fps (which would be absolutely awesome), but it's probably too expensive for me at the moment.

When it comes to 4k I just don't care.

Top Bottom