Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSilver said:
Ähm... Nobody. People seem to think I'm a mean and frightening person.... Probaly right :teeth:
There IS something scary about a guy who would choose the Professor as his avatar, but mean, no -- I've seen how much you help newbies and how often you are friendly and/or funny. ;)In high school, I was "that weird tall girl -- the one who seems to know everything and who reads those strange books." In college, I had to beat the guys off with a stick -- quite a large change in quite a short time. Nor am I alone in this experience -- the same large increase in popularity happened to most of my friends, both male and female. In my experience, the most interesting people tend to be unappreciated in high school but come into their own later on. (Not that I'm counting myself among the most interesting.) There's plenty about you to appreciate, Silver, and I look forward to the day when the girls around you wise up. :)`

I'm officially out of high school. My shiny new diploma is sitting on my desk and my much shinier hraduation present, a laptop, is sitting in my lap. Yay! No more high school. I'm going to miss a lot of people but I am in no way going to miss all of the high school drama crap. Anyway, I rather like my new laptop and I'm waiting to see how it runs the Witcher. I haven't loaded anything yet, you see.Ah, Silver, mayhaps it is for the best you go with no one in particular to the prom. I went my junior ye'mistakear because all of my friends and my girlfriend at the time were seniors. I had a wonderful time with my friends, but my date ditched me as soon as we got in the door and cheated on me to boot. I count her as my 'mistake girl.' I still had fun, but it would have been better without her.

Guess I don't have to care. Prom got canceld yesterday.Guess I got nothing to do this night...But it is really sad since it was also supposed to be the birthday party for a friend of mine.At least she had a nice time yesterday.

Didn't have a date to my senior prom, but I went anyways since it was being held at the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame & Museum and I'd never been there. Our class was the first class to have its prom at that location. .....our class was also (as far as I'm aware) the _last_ class allowed to hold its prom at that location ;)...as to the museum/hall of fame: Unless it's changed in the past decade or so, it's massively overrated. I can easily think of a half-dozen better locations for folks to visit if in the Cleveland area.And congrats on surviving high school, ArtreriGreyjoy.

Survival is certainly fitting... *shudder*Well, I'm preparing my speech and my portfolio for tomorrow. Will be interesting, I believe.And also I'm going to try to install Baldur's Gate 2 on my new Acer Aspire One :teeth:Nice little machine, will be rather helpfull I imagine.

*still remembers how terrifed he was when he had to do a speech...Shudder*I thought that my graduated friends were going to make fun of me choking at least 15 times...bad part is that my sister has it on videoto show to my familiy when she graduates :(

*looks around a silent bar, where no one's commented on anything in nearly a week.....*Bartender, I think that last round you served was a wee bit too strong...

The waterlords are nigh… no-one dares to come out. Apropos water… ;D there are many unkown poeple in the worldwideweb and mostly you just know their nick but yesterday on Saturday something amazing happened.There is this small island Sylt in the Northsea in the very north of Germany. A 26 year old student from a small town from the main posted just for fun (and because he lost his girlfriend) "Let's make a beach party on Sylt this Saturday." Nothing was prepared or organized on location. He just said "come and bring your booze, food and fun." There were over ten thousand who replied they will come. But actually only 5000 poeple were granted access to this beautiful and peaceful island. Police and islander were quite upset of the (mostly boozed) beach invaders.It's here on our news, though it's in German you can watch the video.cheers :beer:

PetraSilie said:
The waterlords are nigh… no-one dares to come out. Apropos water… ;D there are many unkown poeple in the worldwideweb and mostly you just know their nick but yesterday on Saturday something amazing happened.There is this small island Sylt in the Northsea in the very north of Germany. A 26 year old student from a small town from the main posted just for fun (and because he lost his girlfriend) "Let's make a beach party on Sylt this Saturday." Nothing was prepared or organized on location. He just said "come and bring your booze, food and fun." There were over ten thousand who replied they will come. But actually only 5000 poeple were granted access to this beautiful and peaceful island. Police and islander were quite upset of the (mostly boozed) beach invaders.It's here on our news, though it's in German you can watch the video.cheers :beer:
Article on the aftermath: http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,631011,00.html (article is in English, if anyone's wondering at the link name. This is from Spiegel's International site)Seems the island wants the student to pay around €20,000 to clean up after the party

ouuups :whatthe: I never reckoned with such an aftermath. Of course the authorities are right when they had much trouble and costs to clean the beach and damges. But on the other hand it wasn't a typical public event and the student wasn't an organizer. He just made the info public that he makes this party.I think it's a bit fussy but very interesting to know what consequences such a spontaneous (may) have :angel:

i'm with the town who wants him to pay ;D -- maybe not the whole bill (though arguably, the whole thing), it was an unbelievably stupid act on his part and he should not get away scot-free -- just my 2 cents :peace:

PetraSilie said:
okay... let him be the scapegoat in this matter and it scares off imitators ;D
Make sure to invite him when you organize the international Witcher party, Petra. We can place the blame/cost for cleanup on him given his existing record for such events ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom