What you can and can't pick up??

+
I've noticed while playing the "pick up" symbol is on certain objects that you cannot pick up. For Example, The paper right outside of V's apartment. Can you pick this paper up later in game or is it a bug? It happens w/ deck of cards and other items in game also.

Also noticed this.

In addition, how many $#)$&# ashtrays are there in 2077?! Walking along a random piece of rubbish strewn street and you'll see half a dozen of them, some pick-up-able, others sort of "glued" half under the cement that you can select, but not pick up...

This is definitely a bug. Either they should be pick-able or there shouldn't be the "pick up" symbols.

And yeah, apparently game designers had an ashtray fetish of some kind.

I've noticed sooooo many things I can't pick up, here are 3 items I can't pick up just in the part I'm at right now. As a pack rat, this really irritates me. o_O

There is generally a problem picking up almost all loot, you have to walk around, jump around, etc., to get the right angle sometimes, so when I find unlootable loot I spend ages trying to find the perfect angle which doesn't seem to exist.

It reminds me a lot of the Witcher 3 loot system, it's so annoying. If there's going to be so much loot in the game then it should be easy to pick up, or at least a mod that enables auto-looting when near loot so you can breeze through the looting of crime scenes and get on with the game. We're going to loot everything anyway right? I would pay any amount for that mod.

But if the devs thought looting in this way was good enough all these years, I doubt they're going to improve it now, not with all the Class A bugs CP has, the least of which the bricking of save files that reach 8mb. >_<

can't pick up items2.png

can't pick up items.png

I've only played maybe hour into Witcher 3. I want to beat the first two. Almost done w/ Wither 1 till CP came out. Have not experience not picking up in items in W3 in the first hour I played. Not looking forward to that. I agree with you. If they didn't fix the issue in the other game they're not going to touch it in CP.

Just the geometry placing the item a little to low, so u see it, but your actually hovering your curser over the ground not the item.
This is why it's common to see with records or NDA papers.

It's a bug, but they will have to individually go over every instance to raise it slightly.

So may take a while to find them all.
Not to be confused with not being able to loot mech body's as that's just a bug with the perk not working

Just the geometry placing the item a little to low, so u see it, but your actually hovering your curser over the ground not the item.
This is why it's common to see with records or NDA papers.

It's a bug, but they will have to individually go over every instance to raise it slightly.

So may take a while to find them all.
Not to be confused with not being able to loot mech body's as that's just a bug with the perk not working

I ran into the mech loot glitch already... had to abandon it... bye bye loot... :'(

As a loot whore, I've ran into this issue several times. Its not just with random placed loot but loot from dead bodies too.

Sometimes their weapon will get stuck just under another item, ground or be poking out slightly. Ugh! And I will contort my character like a meth head playing Twister just to get the item with no luck. And 9 times out of ten I am unable to loot robots. I have to walk away....crying on the inside.

I agree about the ashtrays being all over. Let's not forget about the burritos everywhere! Sweet Baby Reeves! At least people in the city don't have to worry about constipation issues. 😲

My friend told me he wanted to pick an object in the apartment and he was under the map then :p

As a loot whore, I've ran into this issue several times. Its not just with random placed loot but loot from dead bodies too.

Sometimes their weapon will get stuck just under another item, ground or be poking out slightly. Ugh! And I will contort my character like a meth head playing Twister just to get the item with no luck. And 9 times out of ten I am unable to loot robots. I have to walk away....crying on the inside.

I agree about the ashtrays being all over. Let's not forget about the burritos everywhere! Sweet Baby Reeves! At least people in the city don't have to worry about constipation issues. 😲

I ran into a funny glitch the other day. Killed a gang, combat ended, but I still heard something like, "You psycho! You killed them all!"

I realised it was coming from one of the gang members I had killed, who I also couldn't loot from. I double-tapped just in case she was knocked out and not properly dead, and she was still calling me a psycho. So I cut all her limbs off, and she was still calling me a psycho, mouth moving and all. She was holding onto that loot tightly, so I tried shooting her across the floor, rolling her over to see if I could loot her that way. No luck, and she was still calling me a psycho.

I think I may be a psycho, guys. :(

Found this issue as well, could be that they got all vectors wrong and one item or something else completely blocks whatever we want to pick, see it with bodies and weapons/items dropped to, to me all this just says it is either rushed or lazy (don't think it's lazy at all tho) job

I had some measure of success. I ran into two bottles in a bar, one in front of the other, and the front bottle displayed as lootable but I couldn't get any loot angle on it. I shot it with a rifle, destroying the back bottle, and suddenly I could loot the front bottle which survived the rifle shot somehow.

Unlootable stuff: 578
Maymora: 1 ;)

Top Bottom