What's coming in 2.0: Cyberware

+

We’ve completely changed our approach to cyberware with Update 2.0 and there are many reasons for that. First of all, we want to treat cyberware as part of your build — specific gear that supports and enhances your playstyle and gameplay.​

Another reason is our dedication to style over substance. This is why we moved nearly all armor stats away from clothes and onto your cyberware, which gives you the freedom to wear what fits your style instead of looking for the best stats on your clothes. Only where it makes sense do your clothes still impact your armor, like on a bulletproof vest — but even then it’s to a much lesser degree than through your cyberware. And with the existing transmog system, you can make sure you always look exactly how you want!​

Similar to David Martinez, it’s your cyberware that protects you from taking damage — not the clothes you wear. But as we saw in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, we all have a limit of how much cyberware we can equip. The cyberware capacity system determines exactly how high that limit is for you and it can only be exceeded via a specific perk called ‘Edgerunner’. This perk allows you to exceed your limit by a certain amount to the detriment of your health.​

While your cyberware limit increases with every level, there are also new items and even a specific type of cyberware which can affect your cyberware capacity, so keep your eyes open if you are looking for more chrome!​

You will still need to visit a ripperdoc if you’re looking to get new cyberware, but now you can also upgrade your existing cyberware right on the ripperdoc screen. The process of getting new cyberware has also been made more immersive with different animations depending on the type of implant you equip.​

Finally, we’ve added a side quest introducing the new cyberware system to players who load an old save on the 2.0 update.​

We hope you enjoy these changes and find the right chrome for you!​

Uninstall and reinstall the game. GoG is terrible with updates. I had this issue with CP2077 2.0 and several games in the past.

We’ve completely changed our approach to cyberware with Update 2.0 and there are many reasons for that. First of all, we want to treat cyberware as part of your build — specific gear that supports and enhances your playstyle and gameplay.

Another reason is our dedication to style over substance. This is why we moved nearly all armor stats away from clothes and onto your cyberware, which gives you the freedom to wear what fits your style instead of looking for the best stats on your clothes. Only where it makes sense do your clothes still impact your armor, like on a bulletproof vest — but even then it’s to a much lesser degree than through your cyberware. And with the existing transmog system, you can make sure you always look exactly how you want!

Similar to David Martinez, it’s your cyberware that protects you from taking damage — not the clothes you wear. But as we saw in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, we all have a limit of how much cyberware we can equip. The cyberware capacity system determines exactly how high that limit is for you and it can only be exceeded via a specific perk called ‘Edgerunner’. This perk allows you to exceed your limit by a certain amount to the detriment of your health.

While your cyberware limit increases with every level, there are also new items and even a specific type of cyberware which can affect your cyberware capacity, so keep your eyes open if you are looking for more chrome!

You will still need to visit a ripperdoc if you’re looking to get new cyberware, but now you can also upgrade your existing cyberware right on the ripperdoc screen. The process of getting new cyberware has also been made more immersive with different animations depending on the type of implant you equip.

Finally, we’ve added a side quest introducing the new cyberware system to players who load an old save on the 2.0 update.

This sounds very promising, and I’m glad to see this game get revamped in such an incredible and detailed manner! Nice job guys!

Though will there be possible updates in regards to customization and further alter V such as body types, external modifications and perhaps add Cyberware to effect your player’s appearance and effect gameplay?

Last edited:

We’ve completely changed our approach to cyberware with Update 2.0 and there are many reasons for that. First of all, we want to treat cyberware as part of your build — specific gear that supports and enhances your playstyle and gameplay.

Another reason is our dedication to style over substance. This is why we moved nearly all armor stats away from clothes and onto your cyberware, which gives you the freedom to wear what fits your style instead of looking for the best stats on your clothes. Only where it makes sense do your clothes still impact your armor, like on a bulletproof vest — but even then it’s to a much lesser degree than through your cyberware. And with the existing transmog system, you can make sure you always look exactly how you want!

Similar to David Martinez, it’s your cyberware that protects you from taking damage — not the clothes you wear. But as we saw in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, we all have a limit of how much cyberware we can equip. The cyberware capacity system determines exactly how high that limit is for you and it can only be exceeded via a specific perk called ‘Edgerunner’. This perk allows you to exceed your limit by a certain amount to the detriment of your health.

While your cyberware limit increases with every level, there are also new items and even a specific type of cyberware which can affect your cyberware capacity, so keep your eyes open if you are looking for more chrome!

You will still need to visit a ripperdoc if you’re looking to get new cyberware, but now you can also upgrade your existing cyberware right on the ripperdoc screen. The process of getting new cyberware has also been made more immersive with different animations depending on the type of implant you equip.

Finally, we’ve added a side quest introducing the new cyberware system to players who load an old save on the 2.0 update.

No I don't enjoy at all, because it' mostly just recategorizing the old and AGAIN NO VISUALIZATION OF THE CYBERWARES!

I absolutely love that the game is in a release ready state now.

3 years after I paid for it.

Well done team! Well done indeed!

the game with 2.0 can no longer be called RPG , is a classic slash and shoot, you can now run in fight butt naked, and the same outcome. clothes are useless, stealth is almost impossible now. net runner build no longer exist, every encounter most likely ends in a fight. 17 ram usage on legendary quick hacks. recharging health and grenades with cooldowns. this is no longer RPG game, just a chore like most games on the market.
so good job you most likely killed the game, and you can expect a lot of refunds and low reviews ( around 3.5 now in gog store with most new reviews going with 2 star now, if the people could change the review probably would have been even lower)

Last edited:
the game with 2.0 can no longer be called RPG , is a classic slash and shoot, you can now run in fight butt naked, and the same outcome. clothes are useless, stealth is almost impossible now. net runner build no longer exist, every encounter most likely ends in a fight. 17 ram usage on legendary quick hacks. recharging health and grenades with cooldowns. this is no longer RPG game, just a chore like most games on the market.
so good job you most likely killed the game, and you can expect a lot of refunds and low reviews ( around 3.5 now in gog store with most new reviews going with 2 star now, if the people could change the review probably would have been even lower)
Nobody's getting refunds now, lol, a few years too late for that. The folks who enjoy the game are playing still, maybe you should go play Dishonored or Stardew if you dont wanna fight anybody. You also seem very focused on the surface level of the mechanics, like street clothing and thrifted tank tops stop bullets, or your quickhacks (magic more like, there's nothing in the books like em, netrunners operate exclusively in cyberspace and site security in the core books, hacking this way was only really introduced in the poorly recieved alt universes and Edgerunners) actually using the resource you need for them. Overall just sounds like you cant build characters, lol, not being able to stealth or netrun but my basic blades build allows me to do stealth pretty well and I've seen numerous content creators with some wicked netrunner builds. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody's getting refunds now, lol, a few years too late for that. The folks who enjoy the game are playing still, maybe you should go play Dishonored or Stardew if you dont wanna fight anybody. You also seem very focused on the surface level of the mechanics, like street clothing and thrifted tank tops stop bullets, or your quickhacks (magic more like, there's nothing in the books like em, netrunners operate exclusively in cyberspace and site security in the core books, hacking this way was only really introduced in the poorly recieved alt universes and Edgerunners) actually using the resource you need for them. Overall just sounds like you cant build characters, lol, not being able to stealth or netrun but my basic blades build allows me to do stealth pretty well and I've seen numerous content creators with some wicked netrunner builds. [...]
[...]

I will say I agree with some of his criticisms. Stealth still works but doesn't feel as good. I think there were ways to nerf it without making it feel less than the rest. Netrunning by extension doesn't feel like it's as good as a solo, unless you get in there with weapons. I'm one of those players who don't like to use guns much, I prefer Melee and Stealth. That was my first playthrough in the base game and while it still works in 2.0, it's not as satisfying so he's right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this new turn of direction in the design of perks and levels. More abilities, more enemy types with different abilities, qualities and ai and more different encounter situations that always keep challenging you, that`s what I believe keeps CRPGs combat engaging and fun and it shouldn`t be lost in translation in ARPGs.

As someone who plays first person without seeing my own clothes, this logic of doing this just so you can wear what you want is ridiculous. Armor is always important in wars. Also, after the update, there started to be a lot of bugs and logs. While driving, the road and the places do not load and you cant see the where you are going and bumm crash somewhere.. I lowered the graphic settings to etc and it still did not help. I was very happy with the interfaces, but now I can't understand how or where what we gonna do.. I couldn't enjoy the game I built a computer for this game! I did not see any update that would be useful to me in the content. I wish I can delete the upgrade and play old version...

A week has passed and there are still no patches, it's just terrible...
What are they doing there, guessing from pictures?
Larian makes big fixes in a week faster than you can do in 3 years.

I've gave quite a bit of criticism of this game over the years given how much excitement I had leading right upto the release day and then incredibly let down when it was released in addition to spending the full amount based on a pre-order.

As time went on, nothing had really changed; Police/NPC behaviour, shallowness of the game (big but shallow), endless bugs/glitches and you name it - quality issues throughout.

However fast forward 3 years, credit where credit is due - this game with the 2.0 fixes is definitely something to get excited about - just about everything is there and it is now a much more immersive experience.

Well done.

Well, now whistle quick hack is my 2nd favorite quick hack for stealth.
1st is system reset, when it doesn't fail or bug, (sometimes it shocks enemies but the animation stops and they just resume what they were doing before)

Top Bottom