What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3847602

Don't know why people keeps saying W3 was buggy at release aswell, it might had some minor bugs but was far from this shitshow.
Performance wise, yes, TW3 was more stable at launch for most people. There were some bugged sidequests and points of interest, however. Few are unfinishable on consoles to this day. That's not the case with Cyberpunk.

Oh! I've just thought how the police fix can be explained in it's current form.
The game clearly has cloaking technology, as evidenced by the van entering the GIM during the VDB mission.
That cloaking technology could be applied to the police probe.
So, after a crime, the probe shows up cloaked, sees V at the scene with a weapon, and so it decloaks and starts firing, prompting the police to spawn in at a slightly further distance.
But... if it's a surveillance probe... what would happen if V didn't have a weapon out? V would just look like a civilian. Would the probe simply leave?

Oh! I've just thought how the police fix can be explained in it's current form.
The game clearly has cloaking technology, as evidenced by the van entering the GIM during the VDB mission.
That cloaking technology could be applied to the police probe.
So, after a crime, the probe shows up cloaked, sees V at the scene with a weapon, and so it decloaks and starts firing, prompting the police to spawn in at a slightly further distance.
But... if it's a surveillance probe... what would happen if V didn't have a weapon out? V would just look like a civilian. Would the probe simply leave?
No.

Meanwhile, rumors about future DLCs are starting to spread from Reddit... True or not this may be, it's almost like people at this point are basically making up expectations based on nothing but speculation.
I saw that. People were getting hyped about it because it does look good, but I'm reeeally not holding my breath. The poster could only provide screenshots that could be easily fabricated, and they immediately started asking for money, too. Sus behavior all around.
Hopefully with the console situation fixed we'll see an updated roadmap and official news of what's to come, rather than paying attention to randos looking for reddit karma.

Hopefully with the console situation fixed we'll see an updated roadmap and official news of what's to come

Yeah, the sooner they solve the console problems, be back on PS store, fix the most severe bugs and find a way out of this morass they basically put themselves into, the sooner we actually get news regarding DLCs, expansions and all that sort of sweet goodies we're looking forward to.

@ Maranares

At which Year you mean? 2022 maybe with actual patching speed. :)

If the upcoming patch will be successful in addressing the majority of problems plaguing old-gen consoles, i don't see announcements about free DLCs happening too far in the future. But regarding paid, bigger DLCs we're probably talking next year, i suppose.

Dont play the Goty 10/10 best game ever Witcher 3 then because AI is basically the same in that game yet I dont see almost any complaints about it :facepalm:
There's some truth to that comment. Hattori's arm must be getting really tired, because every time I stop by his shop he's swinging his blacksmith hammer, day or night, rain or shine. On the other hand, it doesn't matter so much because of the nature of the story and the essence of being a witcher. One of the big early selling points for CP2077 is that the NPC "AI" was supposed to be much more advanced and immersive.

The 3 last games I bought was Red Dead 2, God of War and Last of us 2... All on ps4 and all ran flawlessly.

Don't know why people keeps saying W3 was buggy at release aswell, it might had some minor bugs but was far from this shitshow.
I'm talking about complete games. How many DLCs does RDR2 have? How many updates did it have on PS? And by what I saw on YouTube, RDR2 is bugged as hell... TW3 too, I remember it perfectly (and some bugs still remain), but let's not go OT.

Performance wise, yes, TW3 was more stable at launch for most people. There were some bugged sidequests and points of interest, however. Few are unfinishable on consoles to this day. That's not the case with Cyberpunk.

imho performance wise TW3 at launch was as bad as CP2077, ran like crap ( CDPR never was a good studio when it come to optimization tho ). At least CP2077 look better than a TW3 cutted down from many visual tech from his time. ( like they removed all volumetric light / effect from TW3, and several others thing i really dont remember anymore. )

If you are addressing the cops through the patch I would like to add the following:
1) Allow cops to be hacked, It is breaking the suspension of disbelief not only how they materialize from thin air but also that you can not hack them. Is this restriction, adding to the overall quality of the game?
2) I V have to fight them, then I would like to get the XP and the weapons off of their bodies. Let them litter the streets for a while longer.
3) Implement consequences. Get a rep like Cop Killer so they abstain of harassing your character for small traffic accidents, after you took down 2- 3 squads. Put a reward on V, merc contract, talk of incident in the news, would be a nice twist.

If you are addressing the cops through the patch I would like to add the following:
1) Allow cops to be hacked, It is breaking the suspension of disbelief not only how they materialize from thin air but also that you can not hack them. Is this restriction, adding to the overall quality of the game?
2) I V have to fight them, then I would like to get the XP and the weapons off of their bodies. Let them litter the streets for a while longer.
3) Implement consequences. Get a rep like Cop Killer so they abstain of harassing your character for small traffic accidents, after you took down 2- 3 squads. Put a reward on V, merc contract, talk of incident in the news, would be a nice twist.
This won't really change anything but making them more useless. The police system needs a complete design overhaul, only then we can talk about any "allow hacking" issues.

I'm also willing a massive hacking overhaul, since it's an absolute no-brainer now. You just glance at the enemy and he dies.

Guys, unfortunately we're going to have to wait. I know that many wanted to play the game over the weekend, myself included. I bought the game in December and so far I haven't played it, it's practically unplayable on consoles. We still have 3 days for this patch to come out. If not, let's go for another postponement.

Guys, unfortunately we're going to have to wait. I know that many wanted to play the game over the weekend, myself included. I bought the game in December and so far I haven't played it, it's practically unplayable on consoles. We still have 3 days for this patch to come out. If not, let's go for another postponement.
Pretty sure I've seen quite a lot of people playing it and completing it from start to finish even on the base PS4 just fine, even have friends who have done so. Someone must tell them it's completely unplayable. Guess they didn't know.

Look I get it. You are disappointed you can't play something you paid for... I would be too, but pushing false narrative just to try and make your point more credible, actually only accomplishes the opposite.
Also different people perceive gaming different. For some even the slightests dips under 30 or 60 fps would be considered unplayable. Some consider few small visual bugs to be a totally broken game. Others don't.

It's fine to be disappointed, but try to be objective here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom