What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
If it's possible for vehicles, it should be possible for just walking around.
Third person perspective = New Animations for V = New things for the game to load = Extra pressure on the streaming system.
(Switching from FPP to TPP while driving is already a challenge for the streaming system. It should load V's head this is why it takes a few seconds to go into TPP while driving)

Last edited:
Minimap change
This better not be all you have for us. You really just increase zoom after you enter vehicle? What about dynamic minimap with reacting on player speed? This is super lazy solution.

Skye or Angel? "Value for video time was shorter than the video sequence."
Again.. what is this? What if you increase video time one more time? Let's say... get rid of video by selecting your doll? And maybe with clicking on Skye or Angel photo?

No attributes points reset? Pepehands
Thank you for adding another way how to reset your perk points, I guess nerfing Tabula E-Rasa price wasn't enough for lazy players, and still we have no attributes points reset? I really hope I'll see it in patchnotes.

Sorry, but this isn't funny anymore. After 8 months you started posting something new.. some bad fixes for your bad design choices. And I have to say I can't wait for patchnotes, I'm sure this is just the beginning of this fiest.. cough.. QoL changes.

New animations for the third person = New things for the game to load = Extra pressure on the streaming system.
I don't really care about third person view but are we really saying developers who created the entirety of night city couldn't add a single npc to the streaming system?

Reminds me of that video where a miles long traffic jam was created because there was a twig laying on the road - and nobody could be bothered to get out of their car and move it away.

Are we THIS desperate for excuses?

developers who created the entirety of night city couldn't add a single npc to the streaming system?
Sorry I don't understand this. Adding an NPC to the streaming system? (Or you mean the streaming system can't load an NPC? I'm asking because we don't Add things to the streaming system. It was done Ages ago back when streaming was handled manually)

Last edited:
Definitely faster than fixing it. Patch 1.4 will add an in-game list of what works and what doesn't :LOL:
Faster, far easier and not really effective at all. They’d need to weed through and probably redesign the whole system to ”fix” it or even to make it interesting on some level.

Maybe patch 1.4 adds a mundane option to freely flipflop with all the character systems at will adding a crown to its failure.

Oh well…

if I'm not mistaken the game is sponsored by nvidia....

plus: attribute points (strenght, intelligence, cool etc) can't still be erased :rolleyes:
I don't think you are mistaking, but there's a couple of million 1060 NVIDIA cards out there that could benefit, another huge bunch of 1070, 1080 etc, also Nvidia GPU's. Am I to understand Nvidia does not give a rats behind about its users and would want to block a feature that could enable its own users? :LOL:

I don't really care about third person view but are we really saying developers who created the entirety of night city couldn't add a single npc to the streaming system?
Oh and btw If the streaming system can handle it, It would take ages to create new animations for TPP. they should also test the animations. just like creating a new game.

Last edited:
In additions to animations, other aspects of the game would have to be adjusted, tested, and so on, to implement third-person perspective, like targeting or body collision. While people have modded third person into Cyberpunk 2077 in some forms (some mods look great for walking around), they're all limited in ways, either in combat, targeting, or just don't look natural enough (like when climbing stairs).

In additions to animations, other aspects of the game would have to be adjusted, tested, and so on, to implement third-person perspective, like targeting or body collision. While people have modded third person into Cyberpunk 2077 in some forms (some mods look great for walking around), they're all limited in ways, either in combat, targeting, or just don't look natural enough (like when climbing stairs).
The third person mod for example doesn't have camera collision. This camera collision itself takes a lot of time to test. The only thing these TPP mods do is to move the camera further and then add V's head that the player has created in the character creation menu, to the body.

Oh and btw IF the streaming system can handle it, It would take ages to create new animations for TPP. they should also test the animations. just like creating a new game.
I think you understand now what i was trying to say, basically having the streaming system work with the 3rd person view model on top of what it does anyways.

Excuses for what?
CDPR deciding to make the game without the 3rd person perspective and saying that loudly and clearly two and a half years before they released the game?
That's exactly my point. CDPR made it clear way back then - it's their game design choice. And yet here we are, 30 months later, having people make excuses for technical limitations that are - best case scenario - wild guesses.

And i don't see a reason for the way you're treating me, we never were good friends but this is borderline disrespectful.

I absolutely love the night city news format of the patch notes. But I think you guys could make a link to a short list of the changes, theres is a lot of ppl who dont like to read too much in a patch note.

Good work on the fixes and looking forward for new content

I absolutely love the night city news format of the patch notes. But I think you guys could make a link to a short list of the changes, theres is a lot of ppl who dont like to read too much in a patch note.

Good work on the fixes and looking forward for new content
Probably/certainly tomorrow, after the stream ;)

Guest 3847602

That's exactly my point. CDPR made it clear way back then - it's their game design choice. And yet here we are, 30 months later, having people make excuses for technical limitations that are - best case scenario - wild guesses.

And i don't see a reason for the way you're treating me, we never were good friends but this is borderline disrespectful.
Then I apologize, didn't mean to sound rude, but astonished at seeing this subject popping up more than 3 years after Cyberpunk being FPP-only game was announced. I mean, what's next? Why is V voiced instead of mute? Why there's no Ciri in the game?
Again, not referring to you asking for any of this, only that the mindset of buying FPP-only game and complaining about the first person is incomprehensible.

Ahhh Finally the Minimap update for when driving!
I've waited for this, amongst a few other thngs ... of which I have regretfully not yet seen the notice of being fixed.

What I don't quite understand however is the Angel/Skye Confusion? Other than the dialogue being somewhat less fast I see no difference?
About the third vid: I suppose its a good thing for those who'd want it.
I for one rather liked the "locked-in" approach.

Anyway, I hope you'll yet make my day with a few other fixes/additions prior to DLC, but this is an improvement, specially the minimap.

Top Bottom