Where are the devs?

+
You scroll through the pages from the past month since release, and there's always several threads about the game crashing constantly. Steam Discussions, Discord, and here. Every time I crash, I visit these mediums to check if there's any new solutions or announcements that CDPR is aware of the problem, just to see more threads about users games crashing. No word from the developers. Nothing. Silence.

Okay, I'm a pretty patient man, but this is getting ridiculous. I love the game and i have no choice but to deal with the crashes until someone comes up with a fix. It's frustrating having to quicksave the game every 10 minutes because I'm in constant fear of when the game will crash next. Everyone I encounter, including myself, have tried every possible solution under the sun. For some it works, albeit temporarily, and then we're back to square one.

What's going on?

The forum is not a support chanel, so you wouldn't get any answer from Devs/Support here.
If you want to contact CDPR directly, you have to do it on the support website ("contact us" button) :

I've heard that they are moving the studios after PL release, maybe that's why there's radio silence. But they still released 2.01 so idk how valid this reason is that

I've heard that they are moving the studios after PL release, maybe that's why there's radio silence. But they still released 2.01 so idk how valid this reason is that
Not "the studio", I guess CDPR will stay at Warsaw. But the Cyberpunk team which will work on the sequel (Orion) will move at Boston.
But it's not "new", the forum is not where you will get answer from Devs about issues, the official support channel is here for that.

As LeKill3rFou mentioned, if you're having any technical issues then first go through all the regular troubleshooting steps and if it's still not working, then could contact Support I guess.

The crashes are not universal am afraid since many are playing without any crashes, so personally what I would do is first make absolutely sure nothing on the system is a potential culprit before going to Support, since they'll run you through the exact same basic troubleshooting steps and will highly likely not manage to fix your issue but at best collect data to correlate with other data.

Also considering just how many tickets they're receiving daily, you might not even get a response any time soon. When I reported an issue with the game's performance a year ago, I received a reply back 4 months later ( but they did fix it with 2.0 ^^ ).

So what I would do is (assuming your PC is well-enough equipped to handle the game);
  • clear out game's shaders, Steam's shaders (if you're on Steam), GOG shaders if it has any etc...
  • cleanly install GPU drivers via DDU
  • turn off all unessential programs
  • turn off all overlays
  • completely uninstall the game along with all its leftover folders in %appdata%
  • make sure all the drivers are up to date
  • revert all overclocks/undervolts to default
  • reset BIOS to default settings
  • And as a last resort if nothing works, completely wipe and reinstall Windows fresh
If it still keeps crashing only then would I go contact Support because at that point there's nothing more that can be done on your side.

Last edited:
Yeah, seriously. Where is the 'known issues' thread for patch 2.02 that's clearly needed? Why do I have to install a mod to fix skill progression?

As LeKill3rFou mentioned, if you're having any technical issues then first go through all the regular troubleshooting steps and if it's still not working, then could contact Support I guess.

The crashes are not universal am afraid since many are playing without any crashes, so personally what I would do is first make absolutely sure nothing on the system is a potential culprit before going to Support, since they'll run you through the exact same basic troubleshooting steps and will highly likely not manage to fix your issue but at best collect data to correlate with other data.

Also considering just how many tickets they're receiving daily, you might not even get a response any time soon. When I reported an issue with the game's performance a year ago, I received a reply back 4 months later ( but they did fix it with 2.0 ^^ ).

So what I would do is (assuming your PC is well-enough equipped to handle the game);
  • clear out game's shaders, Steam's shaders (if you're on Steam), GOG shaders if it has any etc...
  • turn off all overlays
  • completely uninstall the game along with all its leftover folders in %appdata%
  • And as a last resort if nothing works, completely wipe and reinstall Windows fresh
If it still keeps crashing only then would I go contact Support because at that point there's nothing more that can be done on your side.

I've tried most of these already. Even reinstalled Windows before the DLC released. I'll try them again...

A generic "where are the devs?" question probably isn't the most effective title for a post, because the devs almost never post here.

But I agree it would be nice to have a bug tracker site, either as a locked post on the forums, or somewhere on the game's website. The official support channel mentioned in the comments is the place to report bugs, but as far as I know, it's a black hole in terms of the devs acknowledging their investigation and progress on what's been reported.

I've tried most of these already. Even reinstalled Windows before the DLC released. I'll try them again...

Also an important step I forgot to mention, but if you're using a pre-2.0 saved playthrough then that could also cause crashes due to how much of the existing code got removed and changed, which is why it is recommended not to use them and instead start a new fresh playthrough entirely.

My pre-2.0 playthrough which I was merely using to test 2.0 reworks until the expansion dropped had numerous stability issues and even crashed the game for the first time ever. On my fresh 2.0 playthrough though it's silky smooth performance, so good to keep that in mind as well.

Also an important step I forgot to mention, but if you're using a pre-2.0 saved playthrough then that could also cause crashes due to how much of the existing code got removed and changed, which is why it is recommended not to use them and instead start a new fresh playthrough entirely.

My pre-2.0 playthrough which I was merely using to test 2.0 reworks until the expansion dropped had numerous stability issues and even crashed the game for the first time ever. On my fresh 2.0 playthrough though it's silky smooth performance, so good to keep that in mind as well.
Same for me. My pre 2.0 saves "worked" in terms of not crashing, but there always seemed to be something not functioning quite smoothly. Starting over with a new 2.0 game has been a much better experience.

A generic "where are the devs?" question probably isn't the most effective title for a post, because the devs almost never post here.

But I agree it would be nice to have a bug tracker site, either as a locked post on the forums, or somewhere on the game's website. The official support channel mentioned in the comments is the place to report bugs, but as far as I know, it's a black hole in terms of the devs acknowledging their investigation and progress on what's been reported.
How else am I supposed to "get their attention"? Joking aside, it's rather obvious they don't monitor these forums, so the question was rhetorical. If anything I was hoping for a user to confirm they're doing something about it. Instead i'm just getting flamed, so whatever.

I started a new save when 2.0 released. Heck, I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled the game too in preparation for the changes.
Post automatically merged:

• turn off all overlays

Did everything you said - still crashed...

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)

Last edited:
In that case time to contact Support and hopefully something comes out of it.

Some users on Steam also had the same error, though they managed to fix theirs by doing different stuff.

How else am I supposed to "get their attention"? Joking aside, it's rather obvious they don't monitor these forums, so the question was rhetorical. If anything I was hoping for a user to confirm they're doing something about it. Instead i'm just getting flamed, so whatever.
It wasn't my intention to flame you. The point you raised about the major bugs that have been introduced with 2.0 and now 2.01, and the lack of communication about them, is a good one. I was just suggesting using a more descriptive title for the post. I should have been clearer about that.

100% legit question. this forum and other media resources are full of bug/problem reports. but instead of one topic and/or one simple tweet "we know about %1, %2, ... %n bugs. work in progress" [...]

100% legit question. this forum and other media resources are full of bug/problem reports. but instead of one topic and/or one simple tweet "we know about %1, %2, ... %n bugs. work in progress" [...]
100% agree. Its amazing how little communication there is from CDPR regarding all these bugs and status reports. They could at least do a tiny bit of damage control by saying they are aware of it and working on it

Yes for instance the Cascading Shadows options cause crashing and have done so since 1.5 on PC (This was the patch I came to PC on so don't know if it was sooner) and I can say with certainty that the options being set to anything other than low causes crashing when leaving the pause menu or the in game menu. Often it happens more if you enter settings in the pause menu or enter the map in the ingame menu then exit. I have submitted a ticket for this recently and told them about it on numerous platforms and they still haven't fixed it.

Like if its a problem with the engine itself they need to just say they can't fix it.

I don't think this person is asking why CDPR are not on this forum, I think they are asking why there has been no communication at all about updating this game considering there are issues with this game that still haven't been addressed, like the police system they were so happy to brag about adding three years too late literally stopping functioning after playing the game for any serious amount of time.

Top Bottom