Which is the best horror movies you saw ??

+
Which is the best horror movies you saw ??

In terms of my opinion
my best horror movies are:
Friday the 13th
nightmare on elm street
halloween
Wrong turn
Psycho
Hannibal
Grudge
Omen
exorcist
the blair witch project
Ring
Texas chain saw massacre
silence of the lambs
so which is yours favorite /best horror movies... u have seen?

My favorite was the Woman in Black. Nothing like children committing suicide through spirit possession to creep the hell out of you.

Well, I like horror as a genre, but I have a rather specific taste. I do not like any slashing-type movies, or about mutants, zombies, and such. I like movies about technology, supernatural, and animals. I like both Japanese and US versions

My favorites I have on my android:

Ring series
Ghost Ship
Final Destination series
One Missed Call series
Shutter
Stay Alive
House on a Haunted Hill
Return to the House on a Haunted Hill
13th Ghost
Fear.com

A horror movie should have something to say beyond blood, guts, monsters, or demons. Something about the character of evil or insanity, or the experience of death, or human aspirations gone very wrong. Existential meditation on the helplessness of humanity in the face of an indifferent world is fine, too. But whatever it is, it has to do and be something more than teenagers getting slashed while committing misdemeanors at the local Park and Recreation facility.

Carrie
Carnival of Souls
Cat People
The Exorcist
The Fly
The Serpent and the Rainbow
The Shining
Silence of the Lambs
Through a Glass Darkly
The Wicker Man (1973, not the remake)

My own favorite is The Thing (1982)
Other great horror movies are :
Psycho,
The Omen,
The Shining,
The Silence of the Lambs,
Alien,
Aliens,
In the Mouth of Madness,
Misery,
The Others,
Rosemary's Baby,
The Exorcist,
Freaks,
Halloween,
Evil Dead,
Dracula,
Ringu,
Ichi the Killer,
[Rec],
El Orfanato (The Orphanage),
Mientras duermes (Sleep Tight),
El Espinazo del Diablo (Devil's Backbone),
The Fly,
Night of the Living Dead,
Dawn of the Dead,
28 Days Later...,
À l'intérieur (Inside),
Martyrs,
Silent Hill,
Carrie,
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

GuyN said:
A horror movie should have something to say beyond blood, guts, monsters, or demons. Something about the character of evil or insanity, or the experience of death, or human aspirations gone very wrong. Existential meditation on the helplessness of humanity in the face of an indifferent world is fine, too. But whatever it is, it has to do and be something more than teenagers getting slashed while committing misdemeanors at the local Park and Recreation facility.

Carrie
Carnival of Souls
Cat People
The Exorcist
The Fly
The Serpent and the Rainbow
The Shining
Silence of the Lambs
Through a Glass Darkly
The Wicker Man (1973, not the remake)

I checked on imdb list the carrie ,carnival of soul, cat people and fly

dnt mention in that list....is these movie creepier ...than I will surely watch this

I'd say 'Alien'. I love 'American Werewolf in London' and 'Nightmare on Elm Street' 1 and 3 too.

As for horror comedy: Shaun of the Dead.

Aver

Forum veteran
First of all - most of horror movies, especially modern ones, ale completely crap for me. They are dull, shallow and aimed for teenagers. For example, I hear that "The cabin in the woods" is an amazing horror movie, horror of the year, horror of the decade. Then when I watched it, I found out that it's completely worthless crap and I watched it until end because I believed that there has to be some amazing twist (because there was no other explanation why this crap was praised), but there was no twist in the end.

But, I liked:

The Thing, Alien, Event Horizon, Pandorum. Especially Pandorum is worth attention because it's really good movie in my opinion, yet it's generally unknown and it was financial flop. Yes, I'm fan of SF horrors.

On other hand somehow I never recognized zombie movies, as horror movies. But I really like them. Especially old Romero movies and 28 days later. Same with "big monster movies" - I liked Cloverfield, but for me it isn't a horror movie.

I really enjoy Event Horizon. It has its flaws and it steals a lot from other movies, but it just fits. Great atmosphere! (And the only good movie by Paul W.S. Anderson)

That would, without a doubt, be Dark Waters (2002). The Japanese version, obviously! The American version can go fuck itself. This movie is just beyond amazing. Suspenseful and beautiful at the same time. Seeing a mother who's struggling with her life at the moment try to take care of her daughter while having to battle the unknown is a great set up. Luckily, it's executed so well, it makes my nipple shake in joy. I'm not a horror dude though, at all, so take that into consideration. I'm very easily startled. Still. This is one of the few horror films I've watched and I actually gave a shit about the protagonists.

So yeah, definitely recommend Dark Waters :)

I like horror movies that have unique fell and approach like Alien, Event Horizon, Prince of Darkness, Evil Dead, Martyrs, In the Mouth of Madness.

However i mostly watch japanese horrors:
One Missed Call, Noroi, Audition, The Eye, Dark Waters, Infection, Pulse and etc.
since they don't have retarded characters like many american horror movies nowadays do.

The only movie i really liked from recent release was The Sinister, i even watched it in theaters.
However main character is so stupid that it makes you wonder if the actor could even take this seriously. I do hope Evil Dead remake will turn out good.

Hellraiser. The stuff of legend, this series was... And another one, that had a man with glasses as protagonist, in search of rare books; books whoever reads, opens the gates of hell. Unfortunately, i cannot remember its name, and i would be grateful if anyone did and shared (would like to watch again).

Blothulfur said:
Johnny Depp, the Ninth Gate?
Good movie with a terrible ending, though I wouldn't label it as horror.
Bubba Hotep sounds like a movie made for me, thanks for the recommendation :p

I admit, I haven't seen many horrors. The Ring has plenty of beautiful imagery, and I loved A Tale of Two Sisters. Cloverfield was unexpectedly enjoyable, though I didn't find it scary, it's more of an action drama/thriller.

edit: Oh, and The Others, I really liked that one.

I have always been a fan of Italian zombies. My favorite (Lucio Fulci):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCMaw2ohcsA

Top Bottom