Why are all the Smart guns damage values ~-50% what they should be?

+
This is bothering me so much.
Why are all the Smart Gun damage numbers like half what they should be, according to the shown DPS?
You can compare it to basically any Power Weapon, and their damage values are much higher(picture 1 compare it to the Fenrir)
And here comes the good part, if you look at the Damage values in the upgrade tab, it shows much higher values (picture 2), those that are more closer to the actually values what it should be, to the shown DPS Value. Upgrading does not help, still pumping -50% values..

Attachments

• Dps 1.png
    Dps 1.png
    6 MB · Views: 84
  • Dps 2.png
    Dps 2.png
    6 MB · Views: 83
I am unsure what you are asking.

Smart guns do less damage than their level equivalent power weapon. I always assumed that was the price for the smart gun help.

I plan to use smart SMG's to take out the sandevistan dodging mobs. I can fire a whole clip of a power SMG at point blank and only hit a few times with their insane dodging. I figure though if for those guys I switch to a smart SMG I'll see more of my bullets hitting.

What i am trying to say here, is that the damage numbers in smart weapons are wrong, and there for it shows a wrong DPS value on these guns. Let me show you. DPS is calculated by Damage x Attacks Per Second. The D5 Sidewinder in the first picture has Dmg values of 23-28(25,5 average), and APS 6. So 25,5 x 6 comes to 153dps, close to half of the shown 308,4dps.
But if you look at the same D5 Sidewinfer's the stats shown in the upgrade tab (picture 2), is shows damage values of 46-56!
So if you calculate that, 46-56(51 average) x 6, you get 306dps, which is almost the shown value of 308.4dps. This problem does not is not present in Power guns.

TLDR: The DPS value in smart guns is wrong, and the real DPS is half of what the value shows.

I think it's only a problem with min-max damages in the description of smart weapons (they are half that they should be). Unlike the upgrade or crafting tab which is "right" (my smart weapons are not weak at all, not less than my power weapons for sure).
Anyway, like always, it need to be reported to the support ;)

This is what i was trying to say, you but it so well, thank you! :)
Thank you for the help (y)
Post automatically merged:

I think it's only a problem with min-max damages in the description of smart weapons (they are half that they should be). Unlike the upgrade or crafting tab which is "right" (my smart weapons are not weak at all, not less than my power weapons for sure).
Anyway, like always, it need to be reported to the support ;)

Top Bottom