Why no Rep, Wanted, "Nemesis" systems?

+
First off, I'm pretty much enjoying the game for what it is, but am constantly yearning for what it could have been in multiple facets (maybe could still be?). Imo, this is a legitimate critique and question about the game.

That said, with the myriad of issues, my main dissapoint is that they didn't add a wanted system with police/rep system with gangs....that isn't even boundary pushing gameplay anymore (and this was supposed to be "boundary pushing") like with the Nemsis system in Shadow Of Mordor....this game would have been TONS better with something like that: a form of Nemesis system with the gangs and the police. The fact thats not in a game like this, when the tech is already established in other games, is somewhat depressing. The world would have felt so much more alive, dynamic, and even dangerous with a system like this added. THIS is what a deep RPG should have.

For one example, as others have point out, saving Royce from Militech does not earn any positive rep from Maelstrom, where it actually even opens up gang special vendors with unjque gear (or even a Maelstrom ripperdoc, with unique cyberwear that maybe even changed your look similar to them in some ways)...soooooo many games (especially RPG's!! Even WOW has a rep system) have a basic rep system, with unique rewards, let alone an actual "wanted/nemesis" sysem.

Or, have powerful, unique, gang leaders in certain parts of town, hunt you down the more bad rep you have? Make it more dangerous in certain areas the more bad rep you have. Hell, could even have a warning that a gang member was "getting away to warn others" which would ding your rep, but if you catch him and take him out, your rep doesnt take a hit. Shadow of Mordor style again in a way...

Myself (and countless others) would really like to know what was removed from the game...and if it can be added back into it in the future. Was there ever something like this either being worked on in the game, or being planned to be implemented given more time? Or was it never even on the radar of such an allegede boundary pushing game? (which would lead to even more questions imo)

Really feels like this game is simply underbaked and unfinished in proportion to what was originally touted. Obviously the actual Devs arent happy, and I really feel for them, they worked their asses off, but were clearly not listened to, and were pushed just to get the game out the door...this game really did, and still does, have tons more potential. I suppose none of us deserve any answers, but it sure would be nice to know if there ever was/is more intended.

Last edited:
Top Bottom