Xbox save backup?

+
Hi guys!

I'm a console guy (Xbox) for a while now but there is one thing I don't get - how to backup my current save. I maxed up my current character and would like to start brand new when the expansion goes live but I don't know how to backup the current save to ensure I do not overwrite it on new play.

The only idea I have is to log into a different Xbox account but that sounds like a harsh way.

Thanks in advance for ideas, maybe one of you had the same doubt and managed to resolve it.

Cheers!

No "real method" :)
What I personally do is arrange that the save I want to keep is save 0. And if I start another playthrough again, I create few random saves in a row. Basically in the list of manual saves, the save I want to keep is the one at the very bottom and there are one or two random saves between the one I want to keep and the one from my current playthrough (to avoid an overwrite mistake^^).

There is another method which could work, but you need to know someone on PC. You can use GOG cross-progression to transfert your save on his PC.
- Link both xbox and PC on your GOG account and activate cross-progression on each.
- Save your progression on your xbox to be sure it's the most recent save on each platform.
- Let the game upload the save on GOG servers.
- The save should appear on PC.
- Backup the save on a USB key (or wherever you want).

And if you want to use it later on your Xbox, just do the reversed process to transfert it from PC to your Xbox.

Thanks! I thought about storing my 'main' character save as last slot but I got used to power-clearing old saves when run out of them so much that I was afraid I could accidentally delete the backup.

The other method sounds like a plan too - CP prices went low so I will wait for some bigger sale and maybe buy a PC copy just to use for save copying.

Top Bottom