(Xbox Series X) Game Crashes to Dashboard When Trying to Load A Save Post 2.0.

+
Installrd PL and updated day one of release and played since around 15+ hours with no issues at all bar the occasional CTD 2-3 times mid gameplay.

Yesterday 02/10/23 I manually tried to load a previous save while playing due to a failed stealth interaction and it flatout refused and CTD. Thought nothing of it until I reloaded the game and now not one of my post 2.0 saves will load without CTD.

The only ones that will load now are any pre 2.0 saves from way back when and one save I have post 2.0 in Dogtown from about 10 hours less gametime ago, this does have the little cloud icon which shows it's a backup cloud save.

I have tried clearing the cache, deleting the console save files, hard resetting, power cycling and moving the installs over to the internal storage but they still won't load. As I say, i can start a new game fine and load those previous saves and there are no error or corrupted save messages that pop up, the whole just CTD's when loading.

My question is as expected, any ideas or fixes from anyone that doesn't involve me deleting everything, starting all over and losing 120+ hours of gameplay?

Upvote 0
Have you tried turning off cross platform saves? It's been causing a lot of problems.

If yes then...

The quick answer to your question, considering everything you tried, is no. A restart seems like the only possibility if every single save is borked.

Alternatively, patch 2.1 is coming so maybe it'll fix your saves. In all honesty, it's highly unlikely, but it's worth waiting to see what happens once that patch drops.

You should also report this to CDPR's technical support.

They might actually have a solution for you.

Upvote 0
Have you tried turning off cross platform saves? It's been causing a lot of problems.

If yes then...

The quick answer to your question, considering everything you tried, is no. A restart seems like the only possibility if every single save is borked.

Alternatively, patch 2.1 is coming so maybe it'll fix your saves. In all honesty, it's highly unlikely, but it's worth waiting to see what happens once that patch drops.

You should also report this to CDPR's technical support.

They might actually have a solution for you.

I have yeah, it's mad because that then obviously gets rid of one of the recent saves that does still work (the backed up one with the cloud icon).
Which is confusing because I was convinced all saves were backed up providing you're always logged in which I have been 🤷🏻‍♂️

But yeah I have raised with technical support as well, hopefully they can provide something!

Thanks for the reply!

Top Bottom