Challenger #5 coming in September!

+

Save the date: GWENT Challenger #5 is coming on September 14-15th!

Here are the players participating in the tournament:

See you in September!

rrc

Forum veteran
So excited about the tournament! It should be awesome!! Good luck to all the participants and the CDPR team to execute this high production value event!!!

Raunbjorn

Definitely miss AndyWand. By far the most enjoyable player!

So probably not until 2020 will there be another relevant season. I haven't played Gwent since the last qualifying season and neither have my friends. If you look on twitch you will find around 200 views at most spread across about 5-10 streams.
I said this when Gwent went into Open Beta and I'll say it again. No competitive game can survive without a vibrant as well as accessible pro scene. This is the first post I've made in about half a year by the way.

rrc

Forum veteran
So probably not until 2020 will there be another relevant season. I haven't played Gwent since the last qualifying season and neither have my friends. If you look on twitch you will find around 200 views at most spread across about 5-10 streams.
I said this when Gwent went into Open Beta and I'll say it again. No competitive game can survive without a vibrant as well as accessible pro scene. This is the first post I've made in about half a year by the way.
While I agree that "No competitive game can survive without a vibrant as well as accessible pro scene" and wish that there are frequent official tournaments to help the game get popular, I have to disagree with your comments about Twitch. Whenever I see there is at least 600-800 viewers. Most of my day time Trynet streams (kudos to him for his sincerity) and he has at least 300+ viewers solid. When Trynet goes, Spyro comes and he has at least 300+ and when Spyro goes SirPumpkn comes and he gets around 800 views solid. These three streams almost cover 12-14 hours of the day! It is still no way comparable to new games like TFT or Dota Underloards which have 10k+ viewers. But your remark about 200 viewers and that too spread across multiple host is simply wrong.

Well, maybe I was wrong about the number of views. That's what was the case when I wrote the post and I didn't bother to check at different times. Still, even 1k views is very little. And, in the end, the point I was making was regarding the pro scene not the twitch viewership.

I don't care much for the pro scene or twitch viewership but I like to watch the show to see the production values that CDPR puts into the events. The music stunts, the cosplayers, all that stuff that promote the game and are related to the Gwent universe.

Looking forward to it.

While I agree that "No competitive game can survive without a vibrant as well as accessible pro scene" and wish that there are frequent official tournaments to help the game get popular, I have to disagree with your comments about Twitch. Whenever I see there is at least 600-800 viewers. Most of my day time Trynet streams (kudos to him for his sincerity) and he has at least 300+ viewers solid. When Trynet goes, Spyro comes and he has at least 300+ and when Spyro goes SirPumpkn comes and he gets around 800 views solid. These three streams almost cover 12-14 hours of the day! It is still no way comparable to new games like TFT or Dota Underloards which have 10k+ viewers. But your remark about 200 viewers and that too spread across multiple host is simply wrong.

Hey rrc. I was looking at numbers for the last open tournament though and 7,5k views is indeed very little. Remember the time when open tournaments had 10k viewers at any point and even 30k during peak times? That was after midwinter too.

Sad times :p

Top Bottom