"Incredibly complex vehicles, planes, bikes, robots and mechanics" designers wanted

+

Guest 4149880

Awesome ambiance, volume up

Last edited by a moderator:
Snowflakez;n9855371 said:
Why on earth would we need or want multiple protagonists? No disrespect, I just don't see the point here. In GTA, you play pre-made characters. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have one highly customizable character of my own (that I created) than 4 pre-mades. Different games, different ways of handling storytelling.

I think the game will probably have one protagonist that has lots of customization(like Shepard from Mass Effect).

I swear if Cyberpunk 2077 Combat on Robots and Vehicles here is not “related” or “similar” to Horizon Zero Dawn Combat Mechanics. I’m going to file an accusation of disappointment on CDPR Vehicle Artists. I think I should add this to Ideas Thread.

Guest 4149880

LegateLaniusThe2nd;n9870511 said:
I think the game will probably have one protagonist that has lots of customization(like Shepard from Mass Effect).

For Cyberpunk and its various classes it goes far beyond just character customization, its also about the story and world. It wouldn't even make sense from a story telling perspective if every time you play a new game with an entirely different class and the story is more or less the same with minor variations like Fallout or Mass Effect. There should be a wide variety of world states that game changes depending on how the player decides to do things. SO unless the game funnels down a set path with a definitive ending, I don't think one role would work.

BeastModeIron;n9872611 said:
For Cyberpunk and its various classes it goes far beyond just character customization, its also about the story and world. It wouldn't even make sense from a story telling perspective if every time you play a new game with an entirely different class and the story is more or less the same with minor variations like Fallout or Mass Effect. There should be a wide variety of world states that game changes depending on how the player decides to do things. SO unless the game funnels down a set path with a definitive ending, I don't think one role would work.

It would not surprise me if the overall story is mostly the same, but tweaked to fit your class. For example, some of the allies you meet along the way will be different, and maybe the ending is slightly different to suit your specific role. It would be very, very difficult and time consuming to make completely different stories for every single class.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n9875451 said:
It would not surprise me if the overall story is mostly the same, but tweaked to fit your class. For example, some of the allies you meet along the way will be different, and maybe the ending is slightly different to suit your specific role. It would be very, very difficult and time consuming to make completely different stories for every single class.

To avoid difficulty, I suggest they make a single role with voiced protagonist then.

Sardukhar;n9877731 said:
Topic. Vehicles. Not protagonists.

What if it's both? I mean, we could be set to play a sentient stream of code gone rogue who interacts with the world through electrified objects, most of which are vehicles or vehicle related.

Or, of course...

kofeiiniturpa;n9879641 said:
What if it's both? I mean, we could be set to play a sentient stream of code gone rogue who interacts with the world through electrified objects, most of which are vehicles or vehicle related.

Or, of course...

So kinda like Driver: San Francisco, where you play as main protagonist "consciousness" taking over different cars and drivers?

Guest 4149880

The incredible sacrifices the developers must have made to allow a video game to have these near impossible features such as flying cars. The hardships they must have endured. The time, resources and sheer scale. How is this even possible. Its almost as if it's no big deal for developers adding such features, its only an add on. Almost like there's hardly a change in mechanics to bring said features to life. Can't wait for Flying Cars 2077

BeastModeIron;n9980371 said:
The incredible sacrifices the developers must have made to allow a video game to have these near impossible features such as flying cars. The hardships they must have endured. The time, resources and sheer scale. How is this even possible. Its almost as if it's no big deal for developers adding such features, its only an add on. Almost like there's hardly a change in mechanics to bring said features to life. Can't wait for Flying Cars 2077

What's with the random sarcasm?

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n9980471 said:
What's with the random sarcasm?

What's with the questions about sarcasm? I'm sharing a video, enjoy.

BeastModeIron;n9980531 said:
What's with the questions about sarcasm? I'm sharing a video, enjoy.

I just assumed you were dredging up the discussion we had a while ago where I said adding flying cars and the like would be require additional resources and time. Happy to be wrong, though.

That is a neat video, I saw it earlier today. I think GTA being a sandbox-focused game (with very limited meaningful world interaction) is partially responsible for that, but it's nice to see this.

Looks fairly responsive, too. GTA's planes were always pretty difficult to maneuver, as one might expect. This level of handling (barring the weird wobbly physics stuff) looks like the sort of thing I'd want to see in 2077.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n9980611 said:
I just assumed you were dredging up the discussion we had a while ago where I said adding flying cars and the like would be require additional resources and time. Happy to be wrong, though.

That is a neat video, I saw it earlier today. I think GTA being a sandbox-focused game (with very limited meaningful world interaction) is partially responsible for that, but it's nice to see this.

Looks fairly responsive, too. GTA's planes were always pretty difficult to maneuver, as one might expect. This level of handling (barring the weird wobbly physics stuff) looks like the sort of thing I'd want to see in 2077.

No, its wasn't directed towards anyone in particular, otherwise I'd have quoted them. Simply showing examples of concepts into actual gameplay, and that implementations of features is not only plausible, but highly likely for any AAA game studio, all that's needed is a reason to make the content. Sharing a video, no real discussion needed other than that.

Adding flying as a cool gimmick is probably not that hard, after all, you can already fly around in TW3 with free camera, so it is covered at least when it comes to rendering. The difficulty is probably more in implementing it in a "serious" way at the quality standards expected from a CDPR game, such that it looks and performs consistently well (without lag, glitches or ugly graphics in any areas), and it is an integral part of the gameplay and quest design that never breaks quests (in TW3, quests often restrict the player's freedom of movement, and using mods or console commands to teleport can break the scripting) nor serves as a cheat.

It may work better in a sandbox type of game than in a narrative driven one where the player's character is intended to be on "rails" during quests, although it can also be limited to or disabled during specific quests. Anyway, flying vehicles are definitely possible in open world action games, most of the time they are not added because their benefits are not seen as being worth the cost of a good implementation.

sv3672;n9988011 said:
Adding flying as a cool gimmick is probably not that hard, after all, you can already fly around in TW3 with free camera, so it is covered at least when it comes to rendering. The difficulty is probably more in implementing it in a "serious" way at the quality standards expected from a CDPR game, such that it looks and performs consistently well (without lag, glitches or ugly graphics in any areas), and it is an integral part of the gameplay and quest design that never breaks quests (in TW3, quests often restrict the player's freedom of movement, and using mods or console commands to teleport can break the scripting) nor serves as a cheat.

It may work better in a sandbox type of game than in a narrative driven one where the player's character is intended to be on "rails" during quests, although it can also be limited to or disabled during specific quests. Anyway, flying vehicles are definitely possible in open world action games, most of the time they are not added because their benefits are not seen as being worth the cost of a good implementation.

Sandbox elements are planned, though it's tough to say to what degree. I think it's pretty much safe to say there will be flying vehicles at this point, but nothing is confirmed. It just makes sense given the setting, the tidbits of info we do have, and the whole "4 times bigger (in scope, probably not in world size) than the Witcher 3" thing.

Who knows.

Top Bottom