REDstreams — brief summary and recap

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Did you miss Thursday’s stream? Not to worry! We’ve got you covered!

Alicja Kozera and Amelia Kołat, our Senior Community Managers, together with Kacper Niepokólczycki, Lead Environment Artist, and Gabriel Amatangelo, Game Director, showcased Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Here’s a brief summary of what transpired:

Perk overhaul

Come September, we’ll see a total overhaul of perks in Cyberpunk 2077. Skill trees have been rearranged and you’ll need to redistribute points anew. Your perk points will be reset by default, but in addition to that all players will now be able to do a single attribute reset too (yes, all players, including new playthroughs)!

New skill tree

Although we’re not adding a new attribute, Phantom Liberty (or rather Songbird) will unlock a new skill tree related to the Relic. In order to level these up, you’re going to need to seek out Militech data terms hidden around.

Car Combat

Oh yes, if you’ve dreamed about being able to shoot from and using your vehicle, you’re going to love this. Blast your way through the city with car mounted guns and rocket launchers, hack other cars, or just shoot your guns out of a window, but remember that…

Updated Police System

…but remember that NCPD will no longer take it easy. Get ready for car chases and severe repercussions for violating the law. You can try to shoot your way out of a chase, but remember - the more you shoot back, the harder the police will get onto you.

Dogtown history lesson

For all of you who are lore hungry, we’ve had an entire segment dedicated to Kurt Hansen, Barghest and Dogtown in general. However, since this is only a brief and the segment was everything but, why don’t you watch the full recording here?

To sum up everything we discussed so far: redesigned perks, redesigned cyberware, revamped police, and vehicle combat are some of the changes coming in the free Update 2.0 — which will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

With the Phantom Liberty expansion, you will be able to experience a new storyline featuring President Myers, Songbird, and Solomon Reed, explore new content-packed zone Dogtown and enjoy additional side content, use the new Relic skill tree allowing you to dive into some advanced combat abilities, get your hands on powerful new weapons and vehicles, and more.

While we’re all happy with the efforts, and the content itself looks great, I have to ask if the devs building the police system are aware how odd it is for the police to be notified immediately whenever you commit a crime anywhere for any reason? It feels half-baked and It’s not even lore accurate.

While we’re all happy with the efforts, and the content itself looks great, I have to ask if the devs building the police system are aware how odd it is for the police to be notified immediately whenever you commit a crime anywhere for any reason? It feels half-baked and It’s not even lore accurate.
Not a dev but I assume that it's easier to implement something immediate in a world where practically everyone needs to have at least a basic healthcare plan to live their lives. They could of course randomize the NCPD and other entities response time regarding the victim's social class and occupation, but the current way is by no means inferior to other games' wanted systems.

Not a dev but I assume that it's easier to implement something immediate in a world where practically everyone needs to have at least a basic healthcare plan to live their lives. They could of course randomize the NCPD and other entities response time regarding the victim's social class and occupation, but the current way is by no means inferior to other games' wanted systems.
I’m trying not to infer too much here but bringing up implementation and healthcare feels like a poorly attempted guilt trip. I didn’t insult them nor say they need to be crunching on this. It’s a nitpick. I’ve even said the opposite when others insisted the expansion needs 30+ hours of content. Sincerely, don’t pull this again.

I suggest you read my post again; I specifically called out how NCPD is notified and not the wanted system or it’s regional factors.

Isn't it lore accurate though?

I will freely admit that I haven't played in a while and my memory is definitely fuzzy on the specifics of NCPD and I had no knowledge of the world before the game. They're understaffed and corrupt, yes, but it doesn't seem that far fetched in a world where everyone has a phone in their heads and literal automated canons are all around ready to fire on criminals with various intelligences and people constantly watching.

I mean, there are some countries in the real world out there that are just a few cameras and an AI shy of immediate police notification whenever a crime is committed.

I'm not disagreeing with your point mind you. I don't really have an opinion on the matter myself because I haven't really seen it in action and I reserve my judgment until then. They did explain that the NCPD would first come to investigate and would then determine whether you're the perpetrator/culprit. To me, it feels fitting for the world that the notification would be instant/almost instant for this particular game world.

Although I am curious how that will work out in the badlands where Militech is in charge. Instant notification to them in the middle of absolutely nowhere does seem very far fetched.

Well, in this world the NCPD isn't enough for all the crime going around, they even accept external help from any Merc that wants to step in and pay them for it.
The news also report on the NCPD response time and I don't remember the amount but it's substantial.
I agree that an immediate notification of a crime may be registered in this world, but not the physical presence of police. Maybe if they included mercs in the pool more often it would be better

Something more could be added in the activation of the police system when you commit a crime:

If the police are near you when you commit the crime = immediate activation.

But if there is no police near you when you commit the crime = notice of crime is given and they move to the area with an internal countdown to discover the suspect and at that moment the search begins in the district and the persecution if they see you.

It can be added to the system they have created and it is great. And it would be even more natural.

I edit my comment, I think this is already developed for patch 2.0. I have looked at the sequence of the stolen vehicle in which we ran over a citizen. The crime warning is activated and a police car approaches the area, V is not detected and leaves the scene without punishment.

The modders will also be able to make some more adjustments.

Last edited:
I'm curious about police and npcs reacting to player, how bound it is to the location of the crime committed. If V commits a crime on foot somewhere and stays in the area, how long until police show up. Can V stay in the area, out of site? How long until police show up and how does the "investigate the area" look like? If V, however commits a crime on foot and gets on a car and drives away, how does that look like? Is there a 'suspicion time' when NCPD can catch up to V and identify him as the criminal?

One thing I hope they changed is npcs radar of V committing crimes. You could be hiding from everyone, between a crate and a wall, you hack into a vending machine and all the civs ditch, with none of the enemies the wiser.

Well, in this world the NCPD isn't enough for all the crime going around, they even accept external help from any Merc that wants to step in and pay them for it.
The news also report on the NCPD response time and I don't remember the amount but it's substantial.
I agree that an immediate notification of a crime may be registered in this world, but not the physical presence of police. Maybe if they included mercs in the pool more often it would be better

Yes, that's exactly what I'm getting at.

To me the instant notification feels perfectly fitting for this particular game world if you're within the city's boundaries.

The NCPD's response time is where this system will make perfect sense or not.

Isn't it lore accurate though?

I will freely admit that I haven't played in a while and my memory is definitely fuzzy on the specifics of NCPD and I had no knowledge of the world before the game. They're understaffed and corrupt, yes, but it doesn't seem that far fetched in a world where everyone has a phone in their heads and literal automated canons are all around ready to fire on criminals with various intelligences and people constantly watching.
Not just what you’ve mentioned but they’re privatized as well. So they often shake less fortunate or small time thugs down for money and it’s official policy to fee someone just for calling 911. This reduces calls for ‘less serious’ offenses and stratifies public safety at the same time

I would refer to how scissors mod handles this or watchdogs. Just fyi I’m not a fan of watchdogs haven’t played, but seeing the query system where the police system uses a delay tied to an NPC ‘call’ enhances immersion greatly.

I might find the game’s current immediate report acceptable in say… Corpo plaza. Kabuki, badlands, Watson? Nah not at all.
I mean, there are some countries in the real world out there that are just a few cameras and an AI shy of immediate police notification whenever a crime is committed.
Yeah, I get it. Like i said above though. Conditions, lore, and for the sake of ‘immersion’ this thing needs some work in my view.
I'm not disagreeing with your point mind you. I don't really have an opinion on the matter myself because I haven't really seen it in action and I reserve my judgment until then. They did explain that the NCPD would first come to investigate and would then determine whether you're the perpetrator/culprit. To me, it feels fitting for the world that the notification would be instant/almost instant for this particular game world.

Although I am curious how that will work out in the badlands where Militech is in charge. Instant notification to them in the middle of absolutely nowhere does seem very far fetched.
Yep. It’s something we’ll have to see more for ourselves. Just a bit of pre-emotive finger wagging.

It’s also not a costly endeavor to implement either so they could change that between now and delivery as it’s not even ai related. It being there is a bit striking to me is all.

The part that caught my eye was when the player is driving the stolen vehicle back to El Capitan; they’re in arroyo and run over someone - police are immediately notified. How’d they know immediately and why would they care when it’s not a cop or a corpo? Someone died in a run down industrial district, big deal.

A heavily armored vehicle rolling through heywood mercilessly mowing people down with twin Gatling guns? Yeah, I can accept that.

Last edited:
What do you propose to avoid that immediate notice of crime anywhere.

The immediate appearance of drones to evaluate the situation before reporting the crime seems to me a good idea, reconnaissance drones that notify the police if they are not on site.

Add a prior stage to the crime notification if the police do not see it immediately, a prior reconnaissance by drones. It can be added to the new system and make it more complete, the most difficult thing to do you have already achieved it!!! You are right that the immediate crime without anyone seeing you will not be credible.

Last edited:

Did you miss Thursday’s stream? Not to worry! We’ve got you covered!

Alicja Kozera and Amelia Kołat, our Senior Community Managers, together with Kacper Niepokólczycki, Lead Environment Artist, and Gabriel Amatangelo, Game Director, showcased Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Here’s a brief summary of what transpired:

Perk overhaul

Come September, we’ll see a total overhaul of perks in Cyberpunk 2077. Skill trees have been rearranged and you’ll need to redistribute points anew. Your perk points will be reset by default, but in addition to that all players will now be able to do a single attribute reset too (yes, all players, including new playthroughs)!

New skill tree

Although we’re not adding a new attribute, Phantom Liberty (or rather Songbird) will unlock a new skill tree related to the Relic. In order to level these up, you’re going to need to seek out Militech data terms hidden around.

Car Combat

Oh yes, if you’ve dreamed about being able to shoot from and using your vehicle, you’re going to love this. Blast your way through the city with car mounted guns and rocket launchers, hack other cars, or just shoot your guns out of a window, but remember that…

Updated Police System

…but remember that NCPD will no longer take it easy. Get ready for car chases and severe repercussions for violating the law. You can try to shoot your way out of a chase, but remember - the more you shoot back, the harder the police will get onto you.

Dogtown history lesson

For all of you who are lore hungry, we’ve had an entire segment dedicated to Kurt Hansen, Barghest and Dogtown in general. However, since this is only a brief and the segment was everything but, why don’t you watch the full recording here?

To sum up everything we discussed so far: redesigned perks, redesigned cyberware, revamped police, and vehicle combat are some of the changes coming in the free Update 2.0 — which will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

With the Phantom Liberty expansion, you will be able to experience a new storyline featuring President Myers, Songbird, and Solomon Reed, explore new content-packed zone Dogtown and enjoy additional side content, use the new Relic skill tree allowing you to dive into some advanced combat abilities, get your hands on powerful new weapons and vehicles, and more.
So what about wall running and jumping off them? Has that been added or do we have to use mods?

Something more could be added in the activation of the police system when you commit a crime:

If the police are near you when you commit the crime = immediate activation.

But if there is no police near you when you commit the crime = notice of crime is given and they move to the area with an internal countdown to discover the suspect and at that moment the search begins in the district and the persecution if they see you.

It can be added to the system they have created and it is great. And it would be even more natural.

I edit my comment, I think this is already developed for patch 2.0. I have looked at the sequence of the stolen vehicle in which we ran over a citizen. The crime warning is activated and a police car approaches the area, V is not detected and leaves the scene without punishment.

The modders will also be able to make some more adjustments.
I remember a mod where, if you committed a crime, an NPC would fast-walk away from you and call the police. But if you would then shoot them before the call was made, the police wouldn't come. Thought that was awesome.

I remember a mod where, if you committed a crime, an NPC would fast-walk away from you and call the police. But if you would then shoot them before the call was made, the police wouldn't come. Thought that was awesome.
This option that you comment on if there are citizens watching the scene would be perfect too and if there is no one Trauma Team reconnaissance drones that detect the death and warn the police that they are approaching to see the crime and if you are in the area they will go after you

This option that you comment on if there are citizens watching the scene would be perfect too and if there is no one Trauma Team reconnaissance drones that detect the death and warn the police that they are approaching to see the crime and if you are in the area they will go after you
yes. This is the mod I was speaking of earlier. It’s simply
“vehicle combat” but the mod offers much more than that so the title feels unintentionally misleading.

it offers a coherent policing system and reinforcements, making seemingly easy gigs and you approach far more impactful.

Example; the 6th st gig where you go grab the dude from the murder party; If you go in guns blazing and don’t execute the caller fast enough, trucks of 6th street will show up. This will escalate like a police system if they continue calling reinforcements.

if you have “crowd calls in combat” enabled, NPCs not only will call police for you being a menace in the world but for you getting into fights with gangs, even during quests!

so now you end up with a three way shootout that escalates until maxtac arrives and kills everyone.

Different gangs patrol their respective regions as well, so being a general nuisance in their presence could bring motorbikes of arasaka ninjas in corpo plaza, goldmplated lowriders with Valentinos in heywood, armed suv full of militech in the badlands, etc.

Not just what you’ve mentioned but they’re privatized as well. So they often shake less fortunate or small time thugs down for money and it’s official policy to fee someone just for calling 911. This reduces calls for ‘less serious’ offenses and stratifies public safety at the same time

I would refer to how scissors mod handles this or watchdogs. Just fyi I’m not a fan of watchdogs haven’t played, but seeing the query system where the police system uses a delay tied to an NPC ‘call’ enhances immersion greatly.

I might find the game’s current immediate report acceptable in say… Corpo plaza. Kabuki, badlands, Watson? Nah not at all.

Yeah, I get it. Like i said above though. Conditions, lore, and for the sake of ‘immersion’ this thing needs some work in my view.

Yep. It’s something we’ll have to see more for ourselves. Just a bit of pre-emotive finger wagging.

It’s also not a costly endeavor to implement either so they could change that between now and delivery as it’s not even ai related. It being there is a bit striking to me is all.

The part that caught my eye was when the player is driving the stolen vehicle back to El Capitan; they’re in arroyo and run over someone - police are immediately notified. How’d they know immediately and why would they care when it’s not a cop or a corpo? Someone died in a run down industrial district, big deal.

A heavily armored vehicle rolling through heywood mercilessly mowing people down with twin Gatling guns? Yeah, I can accept that.

So I rewatched that bit of the stream. I believe you are talking about the bit starting at 52:25?

Looking at it, it feels about right. I mean, there is a group of five pedestrians. Two of them get run over. That leaves three pedestrians with head phones that can instantaneously get in touch with NCPD and report the crime. Again, I might be biased because I find it perfectly believable for this specific game world that the police would get notified instantaneously. The response time is where it all either comes crashing down or stays afloat for me.

They drive further down the road and the map clearly shows a police vehicle coming their way but that police car doesn't actually come into view until 52:50. They're not exactly barreling down the road with their lights and siren on. In fact, the lights and siren are off. It definitely feels like NCPD doesn't really care about what just happened. They're going because they were called there and if the culprit is hanging around, they'll try to stop him but if not, who cares?

Personally, I think that feels right for that particular district. They're gonna go check but they're not in a hurry because it's just some rando getting ran over. I can't say that feels like it's not being faithful to the lore while simultaneously remaining a video game.

Now, with that said, the only thing that bothers me is that at 52:47, they get close to El Capitan's garage and the quest updates. Which immediately removes the first star. The fact the star gets removed I don't mind. It's a game, I understand why it's being taken away but I have to wonder what would've happened if it didn't. Would the police car just drive by or would it immediately recognize you as the culprit? If it's the later, yeah, that's not exactly amazing. If it's the former, I have no issue with the system personally.

It actually is kind of lore accurate seeimg everyones cyberware is interlinked and civillians can call anyone instantly through their heads cyberware. Someone seeing you do a crime can instantly report it without even talking out loud.

Do they rely on telephone boxes for comms in cyberpunk.. why run for a phone box when you can just use your commlink
I didn’t say anything about phone box, they use their link. A hud element pops up above their head notifying you they’re calling NCPD. Similar hud element does the same for gang members, corpo, and ncpd calling reinforcements.
It actually is kind of lore accurate seeimg everyones cyberware is interlinked and civillians can call anyone instantly through their heads cyberware. Someone seeing you do a crime can instantly report it without even talking out loud.
They are using their links in said mod.

There’s also an element of chance, sometimes they don’t call at all sometimes several do. You could be dumping a body and someone will call, adding complexity to a gig. Will that be considered in the new police system ? It isn’t now. If so, someone peeking from their window across town will report it instantly as you tote a body through a completely empty alley way.

Sorry not sorry, I don’t find the omniscient crime reporting at quantum entanglement speeds believable. I never said they’re using a physical phone to dial 911 either.
Post automatically merged:

Btw if anyone wants to try it you can hit me up on discord ‘BB88’ tomorrow or Monday, or get it on nexus. However the nexus hasn’t been updated and you would need to follow some forum posts to get it working. Check the requirements.

I have the files prepped though and you can even turn off FPP vehicle combat in the mod settings.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
I think that adding a delay of just one or two seconds before the warrant (one star) pops-up would already make it feel more realistic.

Top Bottom