RANDOM TEXTURE BLACK OUT AND CHROME SKINTONES on PS5 Version

+
I recently purchased a NEW PS4 physical version of Cyberpunk and got the free upgrade to PS5 version and installed it. However I am unable to play it because after a minute or two into the game, the whole textures of the surrounding goes black/dark, even the people are black/chrome like. It happens during night time only. I have to load a save file and it will be back to normal, and the issue will reoccur after a minute or so.
Its literally unplayable. I tried deleting the game and redownloading even. Deleted save data, cleared cache, rebuild PS5 database. Still didnt work. Every other game works fine.
I however installed PS4 version of the game on the PS5 and there was no issue. The issue is with the PS5 version.
I then purchased the DIGITAL version of the game. Deleted the old download and saves, and redownloaded it.
And still the same issue persists for PS5 version.
I am sooo eager to play this game!! and this sucks. :(
I will check from another ps5 when I get a chance, but that IS NOT a solution.
I tried cross saves too. I loaded the PS4 save from PS5. Same issue.

I contacted support and has not gotten a proper reply other than "wipe cache, reinstall, delete save, try another PS5, etc"

I have come across similar issues on the internet.
Here are the threads to those, and a video too:

here are some before-
Before 1.jpg
After 1.jpg
Before 2.jpg
After 2.jpg
after shots, like after a minute into the game
Can somebody please provide a proper solution for this, if any :(

Did you try the performance mode ? Or Ray Traced ?
Yes. The issue persists on both modes. I kept in on Performance mode mainly.
Switched to Ray tracing, restarted and checked again. No luck.
Tried HDR on and off.
Tried Lower resolutions too
No luck whatsoever :(

Yes. The issue persists on both modes. I kept in on Performance mode mainly.
Switched to Ray tracing, restarted and checked again. No luck.
Tried HDR on and off.
Tried Lower resolutions too
No luck whatsoever :(
Your screenshot come from the PS5 ? Because they look quite blurry even without the problem :(
Honeslty, on consoles, there is not much that you can do (except clearing the cache) and unfortunately, I'm not really used to Playstation (Xbox since ever).
Just a guess, because on Xbox, game settings are also saved in the cloud (xbox live), so if there is a "corrupted" files in settings, even if you uninstall/reinstall the game, the faulty file will be reinstalled directly from the cloud...

Your screenshot come from the PS5 ? Because they look quite blurry even without the problem :(
Honeslty, on consoles, there is not much that you can do (except clearing the cache) and unfortunately, I'm not really used to Playstation (Xbox since ever).
Just a guess, because on Xbox, game settings are also saved in the cloud (xbox live), so if there is a "corrupted" files in settings, even if you uninstall/reinstall the game, the faulty file will be reinstalled directly from the cloud...
Screenshots are from PS5. They maybe compressed hence the blur.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. There maybe a cloud related something. But Im not using PS Plus however.
I last resort I have is to completely wipe out the ps5, factory reset. And reinstall it fresh from PS5 store. But I'm keeping that to last. Since I have so many games installed And it will quite be a headache to redownload them.
(I tried backup and restore after a factory reset, but then again It maybe restoring the issue too, hence the problem persists again)

I recently purchased a NEW PS4 physical version of Cyberpunk and got the free upgrade to PS5 version and installed it. However I am unable to play it because after a minute or two into the game, the whole textures of the surrounding goes black/dark, even the people are black/chrome like. It happens during night time only. I have to load a save file and it will be back to normal, and the issue will reoccur after a minute or so.
Its literally unplayable. I tried deleting the game and redownloading even. Deleted save data, cleared cache, rebuild PS5 database. Still didnt work. Every other game works fine.
I however installed PS4 version of the game on the PS5 and there was no issue. The issue is with the PS5 version.
I then purchased the DIGITAL version of the game. Deleted the old download and saves, and redownloaded it.
And still the same issue persists for PS5 version.
I am sooo eager to play this game!! and this sucks. :(
I will check from another ps5 when I get a chance, but that IS NOT a solution.
I tried cross saves too. I loaded the PS4 save from PS5. Same issue.

I contacted support and has not gotten a proper reply other than "wipe cache, reinstall, delete save, try another PS5, etc"

I have come across similar issues on the internet.
Here are the threads to those, and a video too:

here are some before-View attachment 11323004View attachment 11323007View attachment 11323010View attachment 11323013after shots, like after a minute into the game
Can somebody please provide a proper solution for this, if any :(
If you've tried cache cleaning and all the other solves then I feel for you bud! I'm on ps5 with a physical ps4 disc and I haven't had any issues so far. Do you have another TV you could try it on? I know there were some issues with HDR compatibility on the ps4 with some tvs
Post automatically merged:

Have you tried a fresh save without the cross play?

If you've tried cache cleaning and all the other solves then I feel for you bud! I'm on ps5 with a physical ps4 disc and I haven't had any issues so far. Do you have another TV you could try it on? I know there were some issues with HDR compatibility on the ps4 with some tvs
I haven't tried another TV since I dont have access to any other TV for now but, I did try Remote play on my phone after plugging out the HDMI on PS5. Same thing happens. No luck.
I will try to get my hands on another TV.

Have you tried a fresh save without the cross play?
Yes. And with all three starting paths.
I tried these:
- Started new game from PS4 version and loaded it from PS5 version. Same issue once on PS5 version
- Started new game from PS5 version. Same issue.

The issue only happens during night time in the game on PS5 version.
There is another issue on PS5 save. The save file time stamp is displayed wrong on PS5 version. Its like European time.
But its correct on PS4 version.

Honeslty, if clearing the cache, reinstalling the game (and trying on a new save, I suppose that you did because "Corpo intro") and the last solution, performing a factory reset doesn't solve the issue, I would tend to assume it could be an issue on the PS5 itself (edit : after trying on another TV^^) :(
As far as I know (on my Series X in any case), Cyberpunk is the game which seem to be the "most" demanding.

Edit 2: it remember me someone who posted a "similar" issue a good while ago (on PC), but after trying everything, it was the GPU which was faulty (all other games work fine, but not Cyberpunk).

Last edited:
Honeslty, if clearing the cache, reinstalling the game (and trying on a new save, I suppose that you did because "Corpo intro") and the last solution, performing a factory reset doesn't solve the issue, I would tend to assume it could be an issue on the PS5 itself (edit : after trying on another TV^^) :(
As far as I know (on my Series X in any case), Cyberpunk is the game which seem to be the "most" demanding.
Yeah I will try another TV option first, and then I will go for Factory resetting and reinstalling the game after it.
Every other game has worked and is working flawlessly, even the graphically intense ps5 games too.
The issue is with Cyberpunk PS5 version only :( This is really sad.

I find the "issue" that I talking in my last post (no really the same, the game crash on Cyberpunk with RTX enabled, but all the other games, RTX or not run perfectly fine... It was just Cyberpunk) :
And at the end :
So little update.

I sent my gpu to warranty, it was indeed faulty and was replaced.

Everything is good now
So after testing everything that you can, maybe consider that the PS5 itself could be the culprit (I assume, it's under warranty^^)

I find the "issue" that I talking in my last post (no really the same, the game crash on Cyberpunk with RTX enabled, but all the other games, RTX or not run perfectly fine... It was just Cyberpunk) :
And at the end :

So after testing everything that you can, maybe consider that the PS5 itself could be the culprit (I assume, it's under warranty^^)
Here's a little update.
The texture goes back to normal after in-game timeskip. And stays okay for 2-5 minutes and it happens again.
There is no issue if its day time, even if its inside a bar or dark area.

And sadly my PS5 doesnt have warranty anymore as it is more than an year old now. So yeah :(
I will try the few options left. Another TV and factory reset. Lets see if I can get lucky.

Since I have so many games installed
Not sure if it affects to anything or not (probably not), but is your PS fully stuffed with games? I would probably try freeing some space if there isn't much of it left.

I had "screen going totally black" issues time to time with Last of Us 2 and turned out that the problem was my television. I think my old television didn't communicate well with that HDMI wire. After switching to other (newer) television game was perfectly fine.

I’m getting issues with text being covered by the background color. The bigger issue is the stuttering on PS5. I find the PS4 version on PS5 runs so much better.

Top Bottom