Suggestions: Vehicles - Make cars FWD, Hold F to POV "Get in", Better POV Driving.

+

1. Make all cars FWD. Currently, all vehicles are RWD which makes them back-heavy making for unnecessary drifting and ramping other cars ahead of them.
2. Better braking / Quick Brake. Vehicles brake way too late.
3. Hold F to "Get in" Car in POV. Give an additional option to Get in the vehicle in POV mode.
4. Wider/Farther POV in the vehicle. I feel like my grandma driving in POV so close to the wheel when i should be a gangsta leaning back farther.

5. Allow V's Head to (auto) turn to anticipate turns quicker for better POV steering.

Not all these suggestions are bad. Driving does feel very "Up on the wheel" and takes a bit away from giving a nice wide view of those beautifully detailed car interiors. There are a couple mods that I've used that have fixed the POV in cars deal, but it would be nice for a separate one.
Great suggestions.

Problem with POV is that its demanding for power. I use mod where POV is tuned and position seat adjusted and I can see that few degrees of vision more reduces FPS significantly.

Problem with POV is that its demanding for power. I use mod where POV is tuned and position seat adjusted and I can see that few degrees of vision more reduces FPS significantly.
Yes. Higher POV reveals more parts of the scene, thus rendering more and becoming really demanding. Hence why the low pov on Consoles.
Post automatically merged:

1. Make all cars FWD.
Currently, all vehicles are RWD which makes them back-heavy making for unnecessary drifting and ramping other cars ahead of them.​
2. Better braking / Quick Brake. Vehicles brake way too late.
3. Hold F to "Get in" Car in POV. Give an additional option to Get in the vehicle in POV mode.
4. Wider/Farther POV in the vehicle. I feel like my grandma driving in POV so close to the wheel when i should be a gangsta leaning back farther.

5. Allow V's Head to (auto) turn to anticipate turns quicker for better POV steering.
Hey there! Some of the ideas you have are really interesting! And I totally agree with the break having a delay (at least on PC, cuz I don't know how it is on Consoles) We can only wait and see if something like what you mentioned will be added to the game in the future, or not.

For first person/POV driving to work, the cars need working mirrors, especially the door mirrors. And yeah the camera needs to be further back in the car.

I'd also like to raise the issue that the car doesn't feel like it's going that fast when it claims it's doing 200 mph. I guess it might be hard to correct that without breaking the engine.

Allow keyboard control of cars to be press button to increase or decrease speed, but when released it holds speed steady...this would stop the always either accelerating or decelerating on PC keyboard controls.

The game mixes both MPH and Kilometers...meaning they list speed as MPH, but distance in KM, and I personally think the car speeds are closer to KMPH.

For first person/POV driving to work, the cars need working mirrors, especially the door mirrors. And yeah the camera needs to be further back in the car.

I'd also like to raise the issue that the car doesn't feel like it's going that fast when it claims it's doing 200 mph. I guess it might be hard to correct that without breaking the engine.
The speed being different is probably intentional to make short distances appear bigger.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kon17t
Post automatically merged:

this would be great. But since the frame is limited to the size of one's screen, a bigger field of view means things get smaller. And when things are small, they naturally look as if they were far away. But if they are not further away, you would get some weird distortions when passing by a long object. You should be able to see what I mean if you enter photo mode and increase the field of view, while standing near a long and straight object. High buildings look like they "bend" over your head and things like that.
And having a change in the field of view when entering a vehicle would therefor feel like putting your head in a fish bowl

Last edited:
A credit to the power of mods to the car physics.
This is the Cyber Vehicle Overhaul, with my settings for Cali.

My main objection is the top speed, besides the too high speedometer. The factor differed from x2 when I was doing measurements, see this. The factor to get from the displayed speed to km/h is 0.768. Then, conversation to mph should be about 0.477, so that is more than x2, about x2.0955. I.e., the pretty '458' speed is plain 218 mph.

Last edited:
Allow keyboard control of cars to be press button to increase or decrease speed, but when released it holds speed steady...this would stop the always either accelerating or decelerating on PC keyboard controls.

The game mixes both MPH and Kilometers...meaning they list speed as MPH, but distance in KM, and I personally think the car speeds are closer to KMPH.

i think this is a good idea, in fact make the shift button into a clutch to increase or decrease speed to simulate gear shifting.

As this is my first ever post/comment I'd like to thank CD Projekt Red for this amazing game. I adore it.

There are a few FWD and 4WD cars in the game - https://rankedboost.com/cyberpunk-2077/vehicles/

In real life RWD is the most fun IMO. The driving in the game is fun but could use some tweaks to make it a little more predictable whilst retaining realism.

I'm posting to contribute another suggestion for cars - I'd love the automatic gearboxes to be realistically coded so that a gentle press of the throttle (on console controller, or analogue pad on PC) means that the car shifts up a gear from a lower rev range (i.e. changes gear earlier). Outside of racing games, the only game series I know of that has achieved this is Mafia (by Hanger 13). It contributes a lot to realism, enabling different driving behaviours which reflect the current activity. Cruising around the city? Low revs - gentle and relaxed. On an urgent job? High revs - exciting and loud. It's also a lot of fun when cruising, to suddenly hammer the throttle and listen to/feel the car drop down a gear to accelerate hard.

I reckon the maths of coding this would be interesting and not too difficult. The logic has been around in the real world since the 1950s. A real life car takes input from the throttle position, speed, and rate of acceleration/deceleration, to calculate when to change up/down. Modern (1990 onwards) cars also record the last 10 minutes' of driving behaviour to detect how "heavy footed" the driver is. Heavy footed = gearbox will hold on to gears for longer, meaning that the car is ready with the right gear in anticipation of the driver pressing harder.

Cheers

Top Bottom