PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
This campaign sounds interesting and after reading up on it I'd like to join if possible. I usually want to make a Runner in Cyberpunk, but as the party already has one that we be redundant (a plot point already addressed in the story). I'm interested in making a solo then. Rough details are spinning around in my head at this point, but nothing too concrete.

Durzo_Steelfin;n10696241 said:
This campaign sounds interesting and after reading up on it I'd like to join if possible. I usually want to make a Runner in Cyberpunk, but as the party already has one that we be redundant (a plot point already addressed in the story). I'm interested in making a solo then. Rough details are spinning around in my head at this point, but nothing too concrete.
Have at it, having a player fill Chita's furry shoes is fine, that's why her backstory is what it is, she can easily fade off into being a MOB flunky.

Still working this out as it goes, but have a fair amount of the Background worked out, so I want to bring up what I have so I can confirm a few names and find a way to be introduced into the game.

Name: Rodik "Talon" Masters

Origins and Personal Style:

Clothing Style: Biker Leathers- his favorite jacket has a large Crowned Eagle Stitched across the back.
Hairstyle: Mohawk
Affections: Wierd Contact Lenses- Typically non-enhanced contacts with yellow sclera and large black Pupils, like a bird of prey... You might be noticing a theme here.

Family Background:

Ethnic Origin: Heritage is half-chinese, half- anglo american, but the chinese side of his family is a few generations removed from China. As a result he only has affectations of an Anglo-American.

Family Ranking: Corporate Technicians
Parents: (David & Li Masters) Both Dead (Presumably)
Family Status: Family in Crisis- Lost it all through betrayal.

Siblings (3):
  • Younger sister (Ren Masters) hero worsphips you.
  • Younger brother (Jordan Masters) dislikes you.
  • Older sister (Liang Masters) hates you.

Motivations:

Personality Traits: Outwardly Silly and fluff-headed, but mainly as a defensive affectation to hide his paranoia.

Person you value most: A teacher. A second generation
Xing Chiao "master", Wei Long has become a second father to Rodik. Due to the secretive and elusive nature of Xing Chiao masters in the chinese homeland, Wei never completed his training under his own master before relocating to Night City. But when Wei found a down on his luck Rodik, strung out and so trigger-happy he could snap any moment, Wei performed one of the few true acts of kindness that take place in the streets and welcomed Rodik in. There he helped to center Rodik and at least temporarily assuage his paranoia. Wei taught Rodik the art of Xing Chiao and by strange side effect sparked a strange ornithological obsession in Rodik. Perhaps ironically, Wei doesn't do much teaching anymore, but between the occassional instructions acts as Rodiks only remaining family he has consistent contact with.

What do you value most: Power. Rodik was taken advantage of before, and years of fighting in the pits left him a hunger for proving himself. A hunger that kept him from a "normal" job in the streets and led him to the life of a solo even after escaping the pits. Rodik knows the money he makes is why he does the work, but he can't help from getting a stupid grin on his face when he axe kicks a ganger through the floor of their flat, and in a high stakes battle with a rival solo, he has trouble containing his excitement.

How do you feel about most people: Most people are untrustworthy. Don't depend on anyone but yourself. Save for Wei Long, Rodik has had little reason to have long-term friends. While he may play nice and joke and jostle with temporary acquaintances on any given assignment, he holds no illusion that if push comes to shove he'll likley need to take care of himself.

Most valued possession: A piece of jewelry. Specifically, a Talon of an eagle suspended by a chain. He keeps it wrapped around his neck, but typically under his clothes. If he starts to freak out, he starts to fidget with it as a coping mechanism.

Life Events:
Age 16Betrayal: A secret was exposed.
Age 17Romance: Your friends/family hate your lover.
Age 18Happy Love Affair
Age 19Enemy: Female ex-lover. Cause: Turned down the other's offer of job or romantic involvement. Feelings: You hate each other. Enemy's Resources: An entire gang.
Age 20Friend: Met through common interest.
Age 21Enemy: Female employer. Cause: Caused a physical disability. Feelings: You hate each other. Enemy's Resources: A large corporation.
Age 22Nothing Happened.
Age 23Find a Sensei: Begin at +2 or add +1 to a martial arms skill of your choice.
Age 24Friend: Like a foster parent to you.
Age 25Nothing Happened.
Age 26Enemy: Male booster gang member. Cause: Caused the other to lose face or status Feelings: They hate you. Enemy's Resources: A small corporation.
Age 27Nothing Happened.
Age 28Big score on a job or deal for 600 Eurodollars

So Specifics will have to come tomorrow as its 4:am here and I have to get up at 8:00 for work tomorrow (today?). Let me know if you see anything potentially problematic.

Last edited:
Durzo_Steelfin;n10706701 said:
So Specifics will have to come tomorrow as its 4:am here and I have to get up at 8:00 for work tomorrow (today?). Let me know if you see anything potentially problematic.
Don't see any problems here, not like your character is a sociopath or something that wouldn't be inclined to work with a team.

Rodik started from a comparatively cushy position if you looked down from the heights to the combat zone. Born to Corporate Techies working for Biotechnica's La Jolla Branch and gifted with a fair intelligence of his own, all was set up in life for him to continue living a stable life in a corporate environment. Well, as stable as one can hope for in this world. Unfortunately, as is often the case, things didn't go as planned. Wild romance after wild romance eventually landed Rodik in a relationship with the wrong sort. Veronica Grease, who unknown to Rodik was daughter to a the Red Greaser Gangs leader, took a liking to Rodik, and when he eventually dumped her for the next hot piece she took offense in the worst way. During a family jaunt to Disney Land, the Masters family found itself waylaid en-route by the Red Greaser Gang, and spirited away into the dark zone. The Masters family was sold to the pits in short order, and seperated from their parents. Using their parents as hostage, Rodik was forced to fight for the enjoyment of faceless wealthy patrons, and whether you could consider it lucky or not he found he was good at it. For years he fought, and aside from the loss of a leg at the hands of his handler after a particularly high profile failure, he continued to fight and even managed to make a friend in one of his peers. Through this friend Rodik was slowly able to gather the pieces necessary to gather his siblings and flee the pits. Presumably this led to the death of his parents, but better 2 dies than 6 live in agony forever, at least thats how Rodik justified it.

Liang and Jordan Masters disagreed with this choice after the fact, growing to dislike Rodik despite him granting their freedom, Liang especially as she was at the time the only one who knew Rodik was to blame for all of this in the first place. Only his sister Ren appreciates Rodik's effort to free her and their siblings. But, both due to the animosity between his two siblings, and because it would presumably be safer for all of them if they went their seperate ways, the Masters siblings parted and Rodik eventually found his way to Night City, far from his history in La Jolla.

For a time, Rodik tried to live the life of a wage slave, holding down a more typical job, but between now hard wired instincts for conflict and paranoia about potentially being found and dragged back to the pits he started to undertake actions a bit more in line with a boostergang. Rodrik was incapable of living a normal life- he needed to fight and he needed to recreate that sense of accomplishment that comes from beating an opponent into submission. To that end, he started going after small time gangs and selling their gear/"parts" for spare change. Naturally this didn't go long before hw bit off more than he could chew and lost his other leg, though he escaped with his life. While getting his new limb attached he met a similar individual with 2 cyberlegs who took piy on him and offered to teach him how to protect himself. Whether this was because he thought Rodik just needed a friend, or he felt that Rodik got into this possition because he didnt know how to fight, this is how the relationship between Rodik and his Sensei began.

Since then, Rodik as his sensei have taken to living in the same house, and while not much instruction takes place at this point, Wei Long is still the only true friend that Rodik has beyond the level of a simple acquanintance. Additionally, rather than random hits on the streets, he started taking freelance solo work, and in order to excel in that field, began to further augment his body with cybernetics leaning into his strengths of speed and mobility as well as his training in martial arts in order to become an effective bodyguard and hitman.

Role: Solo

Stats:
7 Int
8 Ref
3 Tech
4 Cool
4 Attr
3 Luck
6 MA
5 Body
7 EMP

Career Skills:
7 Combat Sense
4 Awareness/Notice
0 Brawling
2 Xing-Chiao (Martial Art) (3)
1 Null Boxing (Martial Art) (2)
1 Melee/Fencing
0 Weapons Tech
0 Rifle (.5)
2 Athletics (2)
0 Handgun/SMG (.5)
2 Stealth (2)

Pickup Skills:
2 Streetwise
2 Education & General knowledge(3)
2 Dodge/Escape
3 Hide/Evade
4 Archery (.5)

Equipment and Cybergear:

Starting funds: 27600eb (Apparently Solos make a lot of money, wow. Makes sense considering how much of a monetary black hole Cybernetics are.)

Equipment:

Cybergear:

Still working through purchases because holy cow those catalogues are extensive...

Stats = 47 points + Skills = 18.5 (Melee/Fencing is a 0.5 IP multiple, the 2 Xing-Chaio is a freebie due to a Lifepath event) = 65.5 of the 70 allowed.
Pickup Skills = 15 of the 15 allowed
You get "8 American" as a freebie language skill (Yes, American is NOT 'English', some may claim "Californian' is not "American' :p)
If you grew up in La Jolla I'd really suggest some "Mexican" (not 'Spanish') as well.

I'd really suggest some skill with at least one type of firearm, if you think you're going to "Kung Fu" your way thru a gunfight you might want to think again.

Starting Funds = 4,500 x 1.5 x 3 = 20,250

Last edited:
Ah, I missed the reduction on melee cost and forgot to carry over the correcting on Xing-Chiao from my sheet into here.

Career Skills:
7 Combat Sense
4 Awareness/Notice
0 Brawling
2+1 Xing-Chiao (3)
1 Null Boxing (2)
2 Melee/Fencing (.5)
0 Weapons Tech
0 Rifle (.5)
2 Athletics (2)
0 Handgun/SMG(.5)
2 Stealth (2)

Since I didn't want to "begin at +2" for Xiang Chiao I was selecting the "+1 to martial arms skill" and then buying 2 ranks. I was planning on chipping in some APTR chips for a +3 in Handgun/SMG and +3 in Rifles and using them as a crutch when the flying kicks dont work. I was hoping a 24 meter/round run, 12m running leap and 9m vertical jump would be sufficient to clear intervening distances or at least allow sufficent speed to go cover to cover before engaging with a 12d6 (or 4d6 AP) kick (since leaping kicks are one of the main focuses of the Xing-Chiao style). That might be too greedy though. Even with a compact bow that could be worn on the lower back is unlikely a sufficient option when range is necessary given the low rate of fire. I was aiming for a character that likes to stay quiet (hence the melee takedowns and use of archery, though thrown weapons were also considered) but recognized the need for firearms in some instances, hence why he chipped those skills.

A more realistic distribution would probably be using the "begin at +2" option for Xing-Chiao and using those 6 freed up points to get 5-6 ranks in rifles or Handguns/SMG and a few more points in other skills. Having 8 points sunk into Martial arts did water down his other skills quite a bit.

Career Skills (corrected):
7 Combat Sense
4 Awareness/Notice
0 Brawling
0+2 Xing-Chiao (3)
1 Null Boxing
0 Melee/Fencing (.5)
0 Weapons Tech
0 Rifle (.5)
2 Athletics (2)
4 Handgun/SMG (.5)
2 Stealth (2)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Your character, all I can do is make suggestions and insure you use all your character generation points (no more, and no less).

But stop and consider, any Solo worth his/her salt has delt with people that run like a cheetah and leap like Spider Man in the past. YES they will get a reduction in their chance to hit (-2 to -5) but by no means will anything less then comic book super speed (The Flash or Superman) cause enough reduction you're basically impossible to hit while you're in motion ... and soon as you pause to punch someone (remember YOU get a reduction in your chance to hit if you're moving) you're no longer in motion ...

Aloha :)

Is the game still active, and would there be a place for me as another player ?
I played Cyberpunk 2020 once on pen & papers rpg, and I got hooked !

Warm regards

Syssiah;n10756421 said:

Is the game still active, and would there be a place for me as another player ?
I played Cyberpunk 2020 once on pen & papers rpg, and I got hooked !

Warm regards
Very much so ... our "heros" are currently enjoying themselves in sunny San Diego as the cross-dressing Rocker gets a job at a strip club and the not-so-suave Hispanic tries (yet again) to woo the ladies and comes to realize being a flunky to a rich bitch sux.

Feel free to join them ...

Alright so figuring out all the equipment and Cybertech took forever but I finally got everything sorted out. To start, I changed one section of Rodiks skills. Since he bacame a bit more reliant on SMGs it made less sense for him to be carrying a bow around, even if its a collapsible bow, so The 4 points in archery were placed into Human Perception (4 archery -> 2 Human Perception). it keeps the points from being unused, and fits the character that while not super adept at reading others, is certainly paranoid enough to pay attention to what people are doing (or rather, reading how people are feeling or why they are doing things).

Lets start with the stats so far.

Stats:
7 Int
7 (8
-1) Ref
3 Tech
4 Cool
4 Attr
3 Luck
8 (6
+2) MA
6 (5
+1) Body
5 (7
-2) EMP

Career Skills:
7 Combat Sense
4 Awareness/Notice
0 Brawling
0+2 Xing-Chiao (3)
1 Null Boxing
0 Melee/Fencing (.5)
0 Weapons Tech
0 Rifle (.5)
2 Athletics (2)
4 Handgun/SMG (.5)
2 Stealth (2)

Pickup Skills:
2 Streetwise
2 Education & General knowledge(3)
2 Dodge/Escape
3 Hide/Evade
2 Human Perception
8 Know Language (American)

3 Know Language (Chinese) [Chipped]
2 Know Language (Spanish) [Chipped]
3 Expert: Ornithology [Chipped]
3 Rifle (.5) [Chipped]
2 Cybertech (2) [Chipped]

Run: 24 Meters/Round (33.23 Km/Hour)

Vertical Leap: 9 meters (due to cyberlegs).
Running Leap: 12 meters (due to cyberlegs).

Carry/Lift: 60 kg/240 kg (132 lb/528 lb)

Humanity: 44.67=70-25.33
Body Type: Average
BTM: -2
Save: 6-

Armor SP by location Total

Head 24
Torso 22
Arm 22
Hand 17
Legs 22
Feet 22
Face 12

Equipment:

Weapon/Tech/Ammo [Cost] Source
Smart Militech 45 (Caseless) [910eb] Chr1
Smartgun Link [100eb] CP20
Standard Ammo(.45 ACP)(500 rounds) [150eb] CP20
Armor Piercing(.45 ACP)(200 rounds) [180eb] CP20

Armor [Cost] Source
Ruf Tread Boots (20sp) [175eb] EF
Armored Leather Jacket (SP18) [
Leather Jacket 70eb, Edgerunner x3,Very Good x2, SP18 x2.25] = 945eb] Chr4
Gibson Battlegear Greaves (20sp) [175eb] Chr4
Nylon Helmet (20Sp) [100eb] CP20
Armored Leather Gloves(SP10) [Leather gloves 60eb, edgerunner costx3, very good costx2, SP10 costx1.5 = 270eb] Chr4

Equipment [Cost] Source
Smartgoggles (Image enhancement, Ultraviolet, Targeting Scope, Teleoptics) [1145eb] CP20
Tech Toolkit [100eb] CP20
Tech Scanner [600eb] CP20
Everest Ventureware Climbing Spikes [75eb] Chr3
Audio Player [40eb] CP20
Digital Music Chips x5 [100eb] CP20
Interface Cables x4 [80eb] CP20
Cell Phone [400eb] CP20
Flashlight [2eb] CP20
IR Flashlight [2eb] CP20
Striptape Binders (Set of 12) [40eb] CP20
Spray Skin [50eb] CP20
First Aid Kit [20eb] CP20
Futon [90eb] CP20
Nylon Carrybag [5eb] CP20

5914eb Spent on Gear

Cynernetics: Name (Description) [Cost] [ Humanity] source

Neural processor (base processor for running cybernetics) [1000eb] [1d6 humanity = 1] CP20

Fashionware:
Shift tacts (color change eyes without Cyberoptics. These are used to look like eagle eyes) [50eb] [.5 humanity] CP20
Subdermal Timepiece (timepiece mounted beneath but visible below the skin. This one is on the inside of the left wrist) [50eb] [1 humanity] CP20

Limbs:
SovWear Cyberlegs x2 (30/40SDP, 6d6 Kick, 2 options) [1500eb/leg = 3000eb] [2d6 humanity/leg = 9+12= 21] SOF

Limb Options:
Thickened Myomar Strands (once per leg)(+5 SDP, 2x damage, Leaps + 50%) [250eb/leg=500eb] [2 humanity/leg = 4] CP20
Standard Foot (one per leg) (No Special) [0eb, included with legs] [0 humanity] CP20

Bioware Enhancements:
Speed Grafts (+2 MA) [ 750eb] [1d6 humanity = 4] Chr2

Nanotech Augments:
Light Muscle and Bone Lace (Body +1) [1000eb] [1d6/3 humanity = 1.66] Chr4
Skin Weave (Skin becomes SP12. Difficult to notice skin is augmented is 20) [2000eb] [2d6 humanity = 9] CP20

Implants:
Adrenal Booster (on command, increase REF by +1 for 1d6+2 turns. Useable 3 times per day) [400eb] [2d6 humanity = 3] CP20
Boost Master (Additional +1 REF when using 'Adrenal Booster') [650eb] [1d6/2 humanity = 2] SOF

Neuralware:
Speedware (one round after command, enter a state with +3 initiative for 5 turns. Must wait 2 turns before entering a boosted state again) [1600eb] [1d6/2 humanity = .5] CP20
Interface plugs (pair) x2 (one pair in each wrist) [100eb x 2 = 200eb] [2 humanity x 2 = 4] CP20
Chipware Sockets [=(Holds 10 chips and can run 1 per INT at a time) [200eb] [1d6/2 humanity = 2] CP20

Memory Chips (MRAM): Know Language Chinese +3 (600eb), Know Language Spanish +2 (400eb), Expert: Ornithology +3 (450eb)

Reflex Chips (APTR): Rifle +3 (450eb), Cybertech +2 (600eb)

So long as my sheet isntlying to me, that comes out to...
Total Cybernetics cost: 12800eb.

Humanity cost before the reduction is 51.666, so half is : 25.833 humanity cost.

Monthly Upkeep costs (sans food):
Cell phone service (voicemail included) (40eb/month)
Utilities (100eb/month)
Trauma Team Account (500eb/month)
House (moderate zone) (300eb/month)

940eb/month on upkeep

That leaves 1196eb for pocket money.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you listed all cyberwear in it's own section and included the humanity cost and a VERY brief description of each item.

Unfortunately, being as you're the first player to attempt to "armor up" I have to do a bit of bubble busting.

Biotechnica Enviro Gloves [200eb] ECO - With an SP of 20 (the same as a flak vest) these would be like wearing mittens with rigid plates on the back of the hand and fingers. If you want to be able to actually pull a trigger, change a magazine, hell ... make a fist ... you'll want something considerably less bulky (around SP 12 or less).

Ruf Tread Boots [175eb] EF - Same as the gloves, but since flexibility isn't nearly as relevant in the feet/ankles the only problem here is encumbrance, call it 0.25.

Icon America Leather Bomber Jacket [300eb] Chr1 - SP isn't listed but for a normal leather jacket it's 2.

Gibson Battlegear Greaves [175eb] Chr4 - Same as the boots, EV = 0.75 (we'll assume they include cuisses, thigh armor).

Gianni' Helmet (SP 20, anti-Dazzle, +10 vs. Gas, smartgoggles (Image enhancement, UV, Targeting Scope, Teleoptics) [1745eb] Chr 3 - No real issue here other then that most people REALLY dislike looking at and talking to a helmet (guess we'll nickname you Darth Vader).

Since I see no indication of body plating or armor implants I see your armor as:
Head 20
Torso 2
Arm 2
Hand 20 (with the gloves you have now)
Legs 20
Feet 20
EV = 1.0 (-1 to your REF)

Last edited:

Here is a first draw of the character I'm willing to play. The first events of life gave me alot to think about, so to sum it up, she's a posergirl, and a dangerous "victim". But just look at the stats and rolls, and tell me if it's ok; If so, I'll write up the background story.

Name: Maxine “Max” Bliss

Editing this post to not look at the wrong character sheet. The good one is updated, two posts after this one :)

Last edited:
Well ... let's see what we have here:

Stats => 49 points + Career Skills => 21 = 70 of 70 (P.S. Melee/Fencing is a .5 skill, and please write Aikido as 0(+2) as it's a freebe)
Pickup Skills => 15 of 15 (REF+INT)

Might want to consider some "Education & General Knowledge" as right now you're illiterate and have difficulty with 2+2.

Starting funds = Solo with Combat Sense 7 = 4,500 x 3 = 13,500 x 1 or 2 = 13,500 or 27,000 ... we'll average it to 20,250 ... so may need to look at your purchases.
Also if you're imagining the "Armored Stockings" as fishnet they're more like leg warmers.
Your "Kendachi Mono 2" ... foil/epee? (since you have "Fencing" not "Knife Fighting" or "Sword" or "Katana")

Other then that looks interesting ... I'm sure Hernando will love her ... well ... want bed her at least.

Top Bottom