PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
metalmaniac21;n9861861 said:
-How many career skills recommended to take?
Up to you, be good (as permitted, 7) at a few or more adaptable with some skill in all career skills?
Each has advantages and disadvantages.

-Good distribution between stats?
I'd suggest stats that effect career skills be above average (7+) but 9s or 10s will leave you strapped on other stats.
There are advantages to being average (4-6) in all stats, but then again having a particular stat weak (1-3) certainly provides for role-play opportunities.

-Minimal number for stat, 3 IIRC?
1 ... well maybe 0 in a couple cases ... a quadriplegic would have a 0 Movement Allowance.

-Should I bring portrait?
Not required, but if you have a specific look in mind it sure helps.
Also useful for your fellow players to have an idea what you look like.

-Lifepath - roll literal dice or free to choose for myself?
Up to you.
Or mix, roll a couple, see if they're leading in a direction (broken family, underworld contacts, whatever) then select the rest to follow that lead.

Sorry, no hard and fast answers, it's an RPG, do what you want and see how it goes!

Last edited:
Okay...

HANDLE Joshua Adelsköld
AGE 22
ROLE Media
CHARACTER POINTS 70
STATS
INT [ 6 ] REF [ 4 ] TECH [ 2 ] COOL [ 6 ]
ATTR [ 4 ] LUCK [ 2 ] MA [ 4 ] BODY [ 4 ]
EMP [ 6 ] Run [ 12 ] Leap [ 3 ]
Lift (kgs) [ 160 ] Lift (lbs) [ 352 ]
Carry (kgs) [ 40 ] Carry (lbs) [ 88 ]
SAVE
BTM
CAREER SKILLS
Credibility [ 6 ]
Awareness / Notice [ 4 ]
Education & Gen. Knowledge [ 3 ]
Interview [ 4]
Composition [ 4 ]
Persuasion and Fast Talk [ 4 ]
Human Perception [ 3 ]
Social [ 4 ]
Streetwise [ 3 ]
PICKUP SKILLS
Handgun [ 5 ]
Library Search [ 3 ]
Seduction [ 3 ]
Motorcycle[ 1 ]

STYLE
Clothes: Biker leathers
Hair: Long, straight
Affectations: Mirrorshades
Ethnicity: European
Origin: Sweden
Language: English
FAMILY BACKGROUND
Family Ranking: Combat Zone Poor
Status of Parents: Both parents are living
Family Status: Family status is OK, even if parents are missing or dead
Childhood Environment: On a corporate controlled farm or research facility
SIBLINGS: 6
Younger, Male; Sibling Likes You
Older, Male; Sibling Likes You
Older, Female; Sibling Dislikes You
Older, Female; Sibling Hero Worships You
Younger, Male; Sibling Likes You
Older, Male; Sibling Hero Worships You

MOTIVATIONS
Personality Traits: Silly and fluffheaded
Valued Person: Friend
Value Most: Money
Feel About People: Every person is a valuable individual
Valued Posession: A letter
LIFE EVENTS
17. You Get Lucky. Financial Windfall. Amount: 800 eb
18. Make a Friend. Like a kid sister/brother to you. Gender of friend: male
19. Make a Friend. Like a big brother/sister to you. Gender of friend: male
20. You Get Lucky. Find a Teacher. Add +1 to any INT based skill, or begin new at +2
21. Romance. Love Affair With Problems. You have conflicting backgrounds and families. You hate each other
22. You Get Lucky. Find a Sensei (Teacher). Begin a new Martial Art at +2, or add +1 to an existing Martial ArtNothing
TO FILL LATER: Equipment
Armor/clothes
-(SP 14)Uniware Armor Jacket 200eb
-(SP 10)Beret (1 space) 300eb
-(SP 20)Hiking Boots 45eb
-Mirrorshades 50eb
Gun
-IMI Gamad P 0/+1*J E 2d6+3 (10mm) 7/15 2 VR 50m SOF2 575eb +extended clip 35eb
Vehicle
-Brennan 'Hermes' Courier 72 18/30 1 270 0 Special +2 20 (1) 0 80kg 2500eb
Cyberware
-Digital Camera N Shoots up to 20 images (2 spaces) 300eb .5 CP20
-MicroVideo Optic N Video record up to 20 min (2 spaces) 300eb .5 CP20
-Digital Recorder M 2hrs storage from video, audio links 300eb 2 CP20
-Digital Recording Link N Transmits sounds to a digital recorder 100eb .5 CP20

Pocket money: 595eb

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9866801 said:
CHARACTER POINTS 70
STATS
INT [ 6 ]
REF [ 4 ]
TECH [ 2 ]
COOL [ 6 ]
ATTR [ 4 ]
LUCK [ 2 ]
MA [ 4 ]
BODY [ 4 ]
EMP [ 6 ]

CAREER SKILLS
Credibility [ 6 ]
Awareness / Notice [ 4 ]
Persuasion and Fast Talk [ 4 ]
Human Perception [ 3 ]
Social [ 4 ]
Streetwise [ 3 ]

PICKUP SKILLS
Handgun [ 4 ]
Library Search [ 3 ]
Seduction [ 3 ]
Well ...
Stats Total = 38
Career Skills Total = 24
Pickup Skills Total = 10

You only used 62 of your 70 Character Points (38 Stats + 24 Career Skills).
You might want to consider some "Education & Gen. Knowledge" (multiplier = 3) as right now you can read & write ... barely.
Also "Composition" and "Interview" (unless you're ONLY a cameraman, in which case "Photo & Film) would be useful if you wanna put out good copy.

Handgun has an IP multiple of 0.5 so you only used 8 of your 10 Pickup Skill points.

Lastly you forgot "20. You Get Lucky. Find a Teacher. Add +1 to any INT based skill, or begin new at +2".

Damn the points don't go vary far do they?
It's bitch when you're a noob just starting your career ain't it?

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9867111 said:
Well ...
Stats Total = 38
Career Skills Total = 24
Pickup Skills Total = 10

You only used 62 of your 70 Character Points (38 Stats + 24 Career Skills).
You might want to consider some "Education & Gen. Knowledge" (multiplier = 3) as right now you can read & write ... barely.
Also "Composition" and "Interview" (unless you're ONLY a cameraman, in which case "Photo & Film) would be useful if you wanna put out good copy.

Handgun has an IP multiple of 0.5 so you only used 8 of your 10 Pickup Skill points.

Lastly you forgot "20. You Get Lucky. Find a Teacher. Add +1 to any INT based skill, or begin new at +2".

Damn the points don't go vary far do they?
It's bitch when you're a noob just starting your career ain't it?

And I edited the original post with suggested skills, thanks. Holy shit, how basic writing skills slipped from my mind...
Anyway, time to suit up and go shopping then? With Cred. 6, this will earn me 1500eb, trippled to 4500eb + 800eb windfall making it 5300eb at start.
Aaaand, that's my lousy fashion choice. Am I good to go?

Last edited:
Close enough, I'm not going to quibble over the extra 2 points you spent on Stats/Career (handy getting two free points in Education from that Lifepath event) skills or the one you didn't in pickup skills.

As to gear, make sure you save some pocket money, while we're not tracking the costs of subway tickets and cheap street food lunches you don't have a company car and you need to keep ALL your receipts for filling in your expense vouchers ... they'll reimburse you ... eventually.

By-the-way ... are you working for a Corp or an independent? If a Corp you'll have to toe the Corp Line ... if independent sorry ... no expense vouchers.

You don't need to list every change of underwear, mostly the stuff you tend to carry on a day-to-day basis, I'd strongly suggest on a top-of-the-line VideoCam and Digital Recorder. A satellite transmission device wouldn't be a bad buy either ... he who broadcasts first gets the worm! Remember that any cyberware you start with is 1/2 Empathy loss and I'd avoid built-in surveillance devices as most of the folks you're reporting on REALLY don't like being spied on.

Suhiira;n9870691 said:
Close enough, I'm not going to quibble over the extra 2 points you spent on Stats/Career (handy getting two free points in Education from that Lifepath event) skills or the one you didn't in pickup skills.

As to gear, make sure you save some pocket money, while we're not tracking the costs of subway tickets and cheap street food lunches you don't have a company car and you need to keep ALL your receipts for filling in your expense vouchers ... they'll reimburse you ... eventually.

By-the-way ... are you working for a Corp or an independent? If a Corp you'll have to toe the Corp Line ... if independent sorry ... no expense vouchers.

You don't need to list every change of underwear, mostly the stuff you tend to carry on a day-to-day basis, I'd strongly suggest on a top-of-the-line VideoCam and Digital Recorder. A satellite transmission device wouldn't be a bad buy either ... he who broadcasts first gets the worm! Remember that any cyberware you start with is 1/2 Empathy loss and I'd avoid built-in surveillance devices as most of the folks you're reporting on REALLY don't like being spied on.
Sorry for the days long lags, problems with sleep and timezone differences get in the line too.
Hey, it's all legit, have I move my Library Search to career at least, +2 is good enough as a supplement skill at start I guess but whatever. What, I still had 0.5 skills in pickups? Whatever.

Guess I have to invest into recording hardware instead of vox cyberware then, you're right. So I re-edited the equipment list to cut some expenses. Is there Cyberware transmitter by any chance or any other portable variant?

My character so far is not that strong for independent line, so I'll stick to Corp Line... To make world a better place from the inside and all that, of course.

Network 54? (video)
KSPY ? (video)
KLIA ? (radio)
Night City Today? (digital "print")
Face The FAX ? (digital "print")

Keep in mind if you go Network 54 you'l be a very small fish in a big pond, some of the others you might not be such a small player in.

I note you kept the cyber photo/video implants ... your choice.

Last edited:
I may leak some video material on the side, who knows...

I'll go for Night City Today, gotta put this Composition into use.

Congratz ... you get a PRESS ID almost no one will pay the slightest attention to and the "privilege" of filling out and trying to justify an expense voucher every week!

I assume you're following what's currently happening. There's no practical way to introduce a new character at the moment, and assuming they're still interested there are a couple.
So I'll have to ask you to be patient. They're on their way out so it shouldn't be to long.

Soldowner;n9941051 said:
Am I off hiatus now?

Yup!
There really was no way to introduce a new character while in the middle of a mission.

How's Italian food sound to your character?

Suhiira;n9941501 said:
Yup!
There really was no way to introduce a new character while in the middle of a mission.

How's Italian food sound to your character?

Deliciously foreign. And if there's one thing you gotta do on tour, it's try out all the sights, sounds, and tastes!

We'll see who else shows up at the restaurant while the team is making it's way back to drop off the package.

Suhiira;n9942081 said:
We'll see who else shows up at the restaurant while the team is making it's way back to drop off the package.

Good deal. Just lemme know the next time I can post.

Soldowner;n9942141 said:
Good deal. Just lemme know the next time I can post.
Basically as soon as Hernando and team arrive at the restaurant.
Your character met Hernando, and saw Mouse, tho you had no idea they were with each other, earlier. Of course, keep in mind your character has no clue what they've been up to since then.

metalmaniac21;n9942941 said:
Good. So it's time, then... How do we enter again?
EZ ... your character gets a craving for Italian food :cool: .

Your characters just need to show up ... let me worry about the "why they're there" part .... I have plans ...

Suhiira;n9942531 said:
Basically as soon as Hernando and team arrive at the restaurant.
Your character met Hernando, and saw Mouse, tho you had no idea they were with each other, earlier. Of course, keep in mind your character has no clue what they've been up to since then.

Patience is a virtue. Learned that in basic military training. But I'll admit the wait is killing me.

Top Bottom