Gwent: Fishing Simulator 2018 ('Create' Cards)

+
I really wished they would release the new game mode and then the cards destined for it. Like split the expansion in half 50 cards now and 50 cards with the new Game mode. This way the impact of RNG cards would have been lower.

Cards with RNG are somewhat good because they create diversity but too much of them will create problems in the future. One interesting solution would be to limit create cards to the new game mode.

Cards with RNG that revolve around your deck i'm ok with to some extent because you can control them like Dijkstra for example. It's limited to only the cards in your deck and with proper thinning ...

Aguara True Form for example can create from around 14 cards if i counted correctly so around 20% chance to get a good result. But when more spell tag cards are added the result will be less and less controllable. And thats IMO the problem with create cards.

Someone def. got encouraged for taking "bold moves" and decided to impress their bosses again. The best feedback I've seen for Gwent is its controllable RNG that allows you to minimize the risks by playing well. This is becoming increasingly difficult to do with all the RNG spawn cards and units playing on whatever row. I'd rather get 10 great strategic and tested cards in a patch than 356 random spawning cards that are repeated in each faction.

Please stop moving away from what brought people here from HS in the first place.

I don't think that you can create an competitive deck with more then ~2 RNG Cards. You will still need a strategy and an understanding of the cards. Nobody has to use the RNG Cards.

Randomness in Gwent... WORST idea EVER!

someone deleted my post -WHY?

Anyway..
I would like to congrats on great patch. I love it.. with one flaw...

Random cards.

Dont get me wrong , we can make deck without it, but It seems to be off this game..
Gwent is suppose to be about complex strategies, and this random is ruining such strategies.
I BELIEVE, this random should be removed from game, or at least from leaders abilities.

Mashajab

I tried to merge your original thread with this one, but it apparently got eaten in the process. Sorry about that.

Anyway, thread successfully merged.

Raunbjorn

Michelazz;n10049891 said:
Most of the new RNG cards are not meant for ladder and competitive play. They can win you a game one time and screw you the next time which make them unreliable. Now the cards are new and all people are eager to try those new cards regardless of their mechanism and regardless if they actually fit in their deck or not.

Tell that to the pro ladder guys who keeps losing cause the opponent got an extra gremist lol. I'm sure that'll calm them down. xD

Yes, and if they keep improving the control archetype we will have player health pools too. Anyone else miss the days when you really really had to think what you would kill and when you would do it?

Nowadays Point reduction cards are so far spread there is no thought. You play your deck whether you play for points or you play to remove points. It's getting silly.

Really silly that a bronze alzurs thunder now one shots Yen-con among many others. They keep ramping it up and adding more and more ways to play things like it.

Gwent is starting to cater for the pub poker crowd. A donkey play is one where a player can literally play any random shite and still beat a skilled player. Personally I suspect that there are more donkeys out there than skilled players... so on this basis more people will be happy with it.

Other than pub poker players, a lot of kids play donkey style as well. One must never forget that CDPR rates this game for 12 year olds to play... they may not own their own credit cards but the nag influence on their parents produces a lucrative revenue source.

Create

It's pretty clear at this point that a good number of players are unhappy with how the 'Create' keyword works, myself included. How do people feel about Create?

More me personally, I'd like to see much more faction-specific scope with some these Create cards, especially golden ones such as Uma or Whispering Hillock; so for example, Whispering Hillock will only discover Organic cards within the Monsters faction scope, and Uma will only discover gold neutral cards. Because of how wide the scope of some Create cards are, they feel extremely unreliable when you play them, but consequently also feels extremely bad when the opponent beats you because he discovered a card you cannot have possibly prepared for.

Create should be available only for the new mode. It is preposterous how fast it went over the board and you want to add even more synergy to it?

No. A resounding no.

Michelazz;n10049891 said:
Most of the new RNG cards are not meant for ladder and competitive play. They can win you a game one time and screw you the next time which make them unreliable. Now the cards are new and all people are eager to try those new cards regardless of their mechanism and regardless if they actually fit in their deck or not.

Precisely. You can play RNG cards that may or may not give you a lucky draw that lets you win, or you can play non-RNG cards that consistently do well. While it's certainly frustrating to lose to RNG, I think if you base your decks primarily around the sure thing you'll eventually outperform any RNG heavy decks and climb ranks.

In other words, RNG heavy decks will be inferior to more consistent ones, so eventually the meta will kill off the RNG. The only exception to this is if they introduce RNG cards that are consistently stronger than non-RNG ones, and I haven't seen a card like that in the new set, perhaps with the exception of Hym.

Here's a fun little clip of Freddybabes getting screwed by RNG ;-)

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedCredulousDogeThunBeast

Last edited:
Top Bottom