Big Changes are Coming (Coin Flip, New Faction, Card Names and More)

+
Big Changes are Coming (Coin Flip, New Faction, Card Names and More)

New Stuff

- Coin flip is being looked at
- New faction is in the works
- Expansion kegs incoming
- Possibility of change to the board
- Longer card names most likely coming back
- They really want to make a spectator mode
- Changes to future faction wars

Other Info

- Most likely no more big changes to the core of the game (like Gold immunity)
- Gwent team consists of about 150 people
- Thronebreaker and the new game mode are still in development, no eta available yet

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7sp82a/coinflip_issue_being_addressed_is_not_something/

I wonder how many cards are in the next expansion to warrant "expansion kegs"

No idea what to do about the coin flip. Hope the developers are more creative then me.

new cards should be sorted by themes, because

at the moment there are around 850+- cards in the game. so at the moment it isnt a big problem to get cards you dont have when opening a keg. but lets say the card pool reached 1500+ and within time you will have the most cards.
now for example 300 new cards hit the game... so what will happen if you open a keg ... the most time you will get old cards you already have and barely some of the new ones. even buying kegs wont solve this problem and i wont buy a lot of kegs just to get old cards to dust them.

are there any plans to open kegs by themes in future (like you could choose now to open kegs for the old cards or for the midwinter-theme exclusive)?
so a opening system like in hearthstone (just opening kegs, not rotating cards etc.)

4RM3D;n10339602 said:
New Stuff

- Possibility of change to the board
- Longer card names most likely coming back

Thats sounds not good, possible board changes and why only likely longer car names come back?
Thats not what gives me trust but we will see.

Other Info
- Thronebreaker and the new game mode are still in development, no eta available yet

Yeah its sade but understandable

No Title

In future...coming soon...is in the works
Meanwhile in ranked dorfs are raping everyone for month++

Attachments

• photo194582.jpg
    photo194582.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 96
BornBoring;n10340282 said:
This reddit thread says we shouldn't expect a coinflip fix soon. Your heading is missleading.

There is no ETA on the new faction either. This is just what's confirmed to be coming at some point. Interpret it how you will.

Raunbjorn

After a year and a half of the coinflip problem - it's "being looked at". Golfclap...

I just hope they will revert the aesthetics to what they were pre Midwinter. The game looks way too cartonish now.
And please make rows meaningful again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta keep that cash rolling in. The sad part is they have a team as large as much much bigger games and they are obviously putting their resources into things that don't feel important to the biggest Gwent supporters. Fix the game fist before thinking about different Hearthstone clone modes. I originally thought the team was maybe 20 people now to officially learn there are over 150 working on it feels insane for what we have. Not trying to be pessimistic just really want the game to be the Gwent we are looking for. It's name alone and thanks to the amazing artists that are keeping most people playing it at this point.

I think they should stabilize the game before adding anything new. Look at the plethora of Golds made useless with the Gold immunity patch and start from there.

And couldn't the coin flip be solved my making players play the frst card simultaneously?

The campaign is what I'm mostly interested in, at this point. Looking forward to news on that.

Top Bottom