Power up runes

+
Power up runes

So I had a couple of ideas and I am not sure what would be more popular. I was thinking about runes that give special abilities (repeat deploy ability for 2/3 turns at the end of a turn) or (if destroyed on opponents turn mage will resurrect herself at end of your next turn.) These could be bronze, silver, or gold depending on the effect.

Then I had a different idea. What about cards with rune slots. What these would do is change the function of the card. For example Geralt igni with a power rune would either destroy the highest card on a row with 25/more or would do 2 damage to up to 5 random opponents. This method would require getting runes. That brought me to the idea of daily quests winning tickets and monthly tournaments being held to compete for runes. The downside to this approach is that runes give players advantages (but the upside is that they can be something cool to compete for.) I am not in love with the idea of them being winnable and would be open to a number of scrap + ore = runes. In any event I just like the idea of giving otherwise dead cards some function (however small) to add value.

Last edited:
I know that there are no responses yet, but I figured I would add some of my ideas anyway. Rune to make immune, rune to make card resist hazards, rune to make card boost all allies on row, rune to clear hazards on row. These are just a few of the possibilities. I was thinking 1 rune for silver and 2 runes for gold, but only 1 rune benefit triggers.

Top Bottom