Improving the trinket screen

+
Improving the trinket screen

It's a simple suggestion to have a better overview and was probably already suggested.
Just add subtabs for the season-linked rewards, respectively one for the event-linked ones and add the date of the seasons and events.

Imagine this picture in good, I tried my best even if it is little. Gwent-Trinketscreenimprovement.jpg

In this example:
I chose 'Borders' this opened the view for 'Season specific (1-5)' and 'Event specific'.
I opened 'Season specific (1-5)' and clicked on 'Season 2'.
Now it shall only show me the borders that have been distributed as a season 2 reward.
If I don't chose 'Season 2' it shall show me every border that is a reward for season 1-5 (including closed beta); Because I am already in the subtab 'Season specific (1-5)'.
This shall exist for titles and avatars as well.

The right side is sort of a deeper preview as it was before. We got the avatar and border coloured - even if you don't own it - and the information about the date/time span that border (in this case) was too achieve. I think it is sad that you cannot see all the borders in their entire beauty in the trinket screen; I like the most of the borders, thus I want to be able to do exactly that.

On top of that the genral rank borders could be shown in a subtab too. I like that you can see which trinkets are accessible in the game on demand, but I don't want to see a wall of greyed something if I am in my trinket menu, because I didn't achieve any of these borders - besides I am missing one at the moment, the monster border of the recent faction battle, it should be greyed and locked like all the other I did not earn.

An option to toggle between 'Show owned' and 'Show all', would be simple to add I suppose and would serve the structure duty.

left: greyed and locked as it is right now, to clarify that you didn't achieve/don't own the trinket; Providing a clear overview.
right: This would be coloured, like it is if a player who reached the top 1000 in season 2 equiped it and you see it ingame (comparable to a preview)

Edit:
This is rather a suggestion than a general discussion, I accidentally posted it in the wrong sub-forum. Would be kind, if a mod would move this.

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
TV_JayArr;n10383822 said:
This is rather a suggestion than a general discussion, I accidentally posted it in the wrong sub-forum. Would be kind, if a mod would move this.

By your command, let it be so.

How about: improve trinkets screen by not showing the unachievable greyed-out trinkets at all. For most players 70% of this whole menu is grey and it's getting worse every season, as by definition the top 1000 can fit only a 1000 people, and Gwent player base is over a 200k strong. Is there anyone who really enjoys it? It's sad that basic customization options like choosing your avatar or frame are there mostly to annoy people.

MaroonJack;n10385352 said:
How about: improve trinkets screen by not showing the unachievable greyed-out trinkets at all. [...]

TV_JayArr;n10383822 said:
[...]An option to toggle between 'Show owned' and 'Show all', would be simple to add I suppose and would serve the structure duty.[...]

This would solve that issue, it could be off on default and you could toggle it on to see them.
As I said I enjoy seeing the borders from time to time, because they are beautiful in most cases; The sad thing I see is that they are uncoloured even in the preview.

+1. At the rate we're going, we're gonna have hundreds of titles by the time Gwent releases.

This patch brought colour into the trinket screen, soo many beautiful borders to gawk at now. And the month of the season is inluded in the description as well now.:cheers:

Seems like the season rewards will rotate anually.

Top Bottom