Small description suggestion regarding some cards

+
Small description suggestion regarding some cards

Particularly Panther and Shupe Knight but also cards with similar effects when going forward.

I'd like to suggest a change from:

"Deal 7 damage to an enemy on a row with less than 4 units."
to
"Deal 7 damage to an enemy on a row with 3 or less units". (or fewer, depending on your conviction of the english language)

It's like a psychological thing, when you have a sea of words and a couple of numbers those will jump out and you want those numbers to express what the card CAN do, not what it can't. It's much easier to remember this way.

You've got a point.
Every time I play one of those cards, like Panther, I have to mentally remind myself that the card says less than 4. The number really does jump out, although I'd never really thought about it before. :D

+1 to this.

Iuliandrei;n10694731 said:
less units (or fewer, depending on your conviction of the english language)

"fewer" should be used (instead of "less") with nouns for countable objects and concepts (discretely quantifiable nouns) and "less" should be used only with a grammatically singular noun (including mass nouns).

E.g.
Fewer: People these days are buying fewer newspapers.
Less: It’s a better job but they pay you less money.

Thus "fewer" is a better term in case of units (people). Well, if the devs are going to clarify the description, they might as well kill two birds with one stone.

PS. Not arguing with you, just explaining for the others.

Note to self: Please, stay on topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom