Suggestions for new cards 11.9

+
Dear devs,
in a desperate (and perhaps romantic) attempt to keep the game interesting in the long term, I would like to bring to the table few ideas for new cards that in my opinion are missing.
My ultimate goal is to shake the tree a little bit, and see creativity encouraged in Gwent, rather than punished. With new combinations of cards available, perhaps we would not fight against the usual overpowered decks (over and over, for hundreds of games), and some players would stay in the game rather than leaving it.
Right now, you can be creative as much as you want when building a deck, but it would not matter because you would be wiped out very quickly by those usual meta decks.
What is the meaning of playing a game if there is no reward to your creativity?

It would be nice to have:
- a couple of Bronze Dragon units, neutral
- a neutral scenario exclusive for Dragon units
- a couple of new Witcher neutral cards perhaps? Perhaps Bronze cards that can adapt to multiple factions (but please don't modify the existing Witcher cards, they are fine as they are, in my humble opinion)
- more Specter units (and perhaps Specter related Spells?)
- maybe few more Cursed units (neutral or not)
- a scenario (neutral or Monsters, I don't know) for Specters or Cursed units
- less cards with the Tactic tag, or at least increase their provision cost. So far Nilfgaard can count on 21 Tactics (neutral included), why not reducing them and give Nilfgaard less power? I am thinking about Stefan Skellen and Ardal Aep Dahy
- less cards with the Raid tag. I counted 11 and to me they are too much
- more cards (faction cards and neutrals) with abilities activated only by Devotion, to force players to remove them from their deck or to force players to build less powerful decks in order to use them
- a couple of units (old or new) who can spawn Sandstorm, otherwise it's never used (and perhaps giving Sandstorm a Nature tag or Spell, I don't know)
- Vanadian removed from the game, so that Simlas can play only 2 copies of a card per game
- a "Farm" funny scenario that could involve the use of those units that at the moment are not used, those units spawning Cows or Rats, for example Germain Piquant or Prize-Winning Cow
- Tatterwing neutral (to see in which creative ways players will adapt it to all the factions) or, in alternative, keep it as it is but add a couple more new units that can adapt to a Tatterwing deck. If no changes are made, I am afraid Tatterwing will take dust forever
- A neutral Mage unit with Power 1 or 2 and Provision 8 or 9, that can play a Spell card from the deck. A bit like Whispess:Tribute is doing for organic decks ("Play an Organic card from your deck")

And I am sure I am forgetting something.

I would encourage other players to write here their ideas and suggestions as well.

Last edited:
- At least one. Increased by 2 Lineage. And give them the only Lineage ability.
- Too difficult and unnecessary. Dragons themselves are expensive. (Ragnarok)
- A lot of them
- Impossible
- I'd like a gold neutral card that buffs this archetype for every faction. Or an infusion of curse
- I don't want a scenario for every archetype. It's boring
- I would have raised provisions a long time ago or removed power from Jan Calveit
- I think it was their idea, given the card The Heist
- Recently wrote about it
- Already changed the storm, why make a clone. It's better to let them rework
- Then the squirrels will have nothing to play on
- For what?
- Syndicate and monsters do not have witcher decks. Let the rest have no chicken.

Look at the new patch. If they do not want to make even small changes, you can forget about something new or complex.

Yes, PLEASE do something about Tactics. Every time I see the Enslave leader ability I forfeit the match immediately; it's just not worth it to even try. NG can play multiple cards in a row per turn, and it's usually Tactics spam.

And I am dying for more Locations for ST, Monsters & SY.
ST only has ONE, but it's for Witchers, which I almost never use, as I'd like to play with more ELVES.
SY only has ONE, but at least it gives a few OK Salamandra options. But there's nothing for Firesworns though, which is usually my go-to. Like, at least make Sacred Flame Resilient?
Monsters only has 2 (for the Wild Hunt & the Consume/Thrive cards), but there's nothing for Vampires. I had such a hard time clearing the Summer Cycle's Crimson Curse when everyone's spamming NG decks every time I play. Like, a cave, nest, Tesham Mutna castle or something would be at least somewhat more helpful.
Like, NR and NG both have FIVE Locations each (and 1 of NG's is a Tactic too, omg), and they're OP.

It's been painfully obvious that the game is not at all balanced, and I get sick and tired of forfeiting matches just because I'm trying to avoid the monotony of getting railed by NG & NR over and over.

Last edited:
defender units should only defend the units at their right and left. nothing else. not the whole row. thats what I would call strategy, not what we have today, in which one card blocks the whole row.

defender units should only defend the units at their right and left. nothing else. not the whole row. thats what I would call strategy, not what we have today, in which one card blocks the whole row.
I just chuck a Purify at Defenders. SY/SK has Seacrus, who can only defend the left card adjacent to him, which is sweet--more cards should so that, agreed. NR has Lebioda giving adjacent cards Shield, which...meh.

All your comments, opinions and suggestions are very welcome, thank you (y)

I just had another idea. A neutral Mage unit with Power 1 or 2 and Provision 8 or 9, that can play a Spell card from the deck. A bit like Whispess:Tribute is doing for organic decks ("Play an Organic card from your deck")

Top Bottom