Northern kingdoms HENSELT problem (op)

+
Northern kingdoms HENSELT problem (op)

I played a lot of ranked games and i can tell you HENSELT is stronger then ever. After Dbomb was changed only to hit 5 units the HENSELT players began to laugh. Poor mens gwent will become meta because of the gold status that cant be countered at all.
Another problem is that shatter isnt that good anymore (only agains poor men) and taking this card in your deck only to counter this one mechanic isnt worth enough.
I dont know what to tell about SHANI. Ressurecting units and making them to gold is some kind of op because it limits the counterplay very hard. Oh u killed a locked goldunit i ress it and its gg ( Ville pew pew merth for example). I have 2 chains in my deck but its still not enough !
Its just me getting ripped by fatty Henselt or you as aswell^^

Another problem is that the producers told us that goldkards should not be taken out by other goldcards for example Yorweth or Triss Merigold. But yennefers unicorn can buff ALL cards. I think it should be fixed for the reasons i mentioned. If you say gold cards are gold cards and should be immun against other effects ( chains not included ) you should make this for yennefer as well.
HENSELT will arise and no1 can stop him from golding everything :)

I think it gets some taking used to playing against him, but he doesn't seem that hard to beat to me personally. He usually has very weak turns close to the beginning of a round, so you can often pass just before he has enough power on the board that he has to give up 2 card advantage to win the round, and then he either loses the round and has to start building up again from scratch or you're so much ahead of him in the next 2 rounds that you can easily beat him.

It's really important to know when to stop playing cards against him though - you don't want to get stuck in the position where at the start of your turn you had more points than him, then continue to play stuff but then he golds everything and surpasses your point total on his turn since when that happens you'll usually stay behind him and you'll have lost the card advantage you could've gotten. You usually want to pass the turn when he has enough stuff on the board to surpass your point total in 1 turn regardless of what you play (of the cards you're willing to play at least, sometimes you'd rather hold onto a gold for later rounds but it depends on the situation), or when your board is enough bigger than his that he can't pass your point total in 1 turn when you pass (not just by golding his units in that case).

i mean i don't understand, by the time i use my henselt in each game the guy has already lost, specialty when NR has promote so i can gold units up again even if you hit that Dbomb. Dbombs have been used in the most efficiant way against me (i had 5 units on siege row and the guy demoted all 5) but it almost made no difference, having Dbomb hit an entire row wouldn't have made difference
velenthretenmerth can't be resurrected btw.

Last edited:
Ah i see sorry about yennefer. Yes tactics required. Still once he made his units to gold its his round. U can only win with a realy aggressive decks.

Promote decks require a lot of set up to get a good payoff so you have plenty of time to hinder him. The key is to remove as many of his units as you can before he can promote. Lacerates and epidemics will annihilate promote decks. If you don't have removal then you can also lock his ballitas and siege towers.

Today I destroyed many Henselt decks with my homemade Foltest. It is not too difficult. Henselt needs a good hand to run it perfectly and most of the times they can go really strong in one round then out of battery for the other two. Also it makes it a lot easier to deal with Henselt if you run 2-3 DShackles in your deck. Come on guys DShackles are the new Mardroemes :)

rajule;n8233520 said:
Promote decks require a lot of set up to get a good payoff so you have plenty of time to hinder him. The key is to remove as many of his units as you can before he can promote. Lacerates and epidemics will annihilate promote decks. If you don't have removal then you can also lock his ballitas and siege towers.
Except that remove decks are much worse than buffs at the moment. Henselt's deck is a problem for many reasons, particularily him turning gold the entire row with additional promote cards when the only counter was reduced to 5 units only. With positioning, towers can safely get buffs.

The underlying problem is that, by design, changed gold strength to be almost irremovable and immune to everything, but they didn't adjust the only cards that bump bronzes/silver to gold.

so, they gave a major powerboost to ALL gold, and henselt decks actually got 100% of this buff on all of it's cards instead of only his gold.

Promote being silver and ONLY hitting 5 should be an ok nerf, becoming directly contested by Dbomb , and Shani needs to be adjusted for the extra oomph that turning something gold now means. Maybe only hitting bronzes?

How OP Henselt would get was pretty obvious even before the patch. Not sure why the devs left him the way he is. His entire row buff, coupled with the practically unlimited number of units that Promote can hit makes it so that one deck has several row-affecting mechanics, while the rest have only lacerate. The whole thing is compounded by the Operator + Margarita + Shani combo, pretty much ensuing a huge amount of units can be spawned on more than 1 turn and then promoted for crazy value.

I like the idea of Promote being converted to silver or otherwise being limited, but so should Henselt's ability, though that would probably make him the worst leader in a heartbeat.

Promote could be changed, but it shouldn't be turned into silver because that would kill the card. Instead, Promote should also use the new positioning mechanic, meaning that you can select a target and that target + adjacent targets are turned into gold. This is actually a buff for anything not related to Margaritaville.

I play NR as well but not the fat guy. I still use Foltest. I do however use PROMOTE defensively. I have played against a full Henselt and it was easy enough to antagonize him by burning out his soldiers. I mainly use 3x Reinforced Trebuchet. Seems to grind 'em down before they could do a full line up of golds. I also keep 1 lacerate handy, just in case he starts pouring in the poor infantry. If all else fails, I use promote to block his Reinforced Ballista and use my own poor infantry as meat shields.

I must admit though, once he manages to get Margarita out and there's a about 9 poor infantry lined up, it's gonna be overwhelming. I just played one and completely got blindsided by Marg and her spawns in the final round... My fault for not paying attention.

4RM3D;n8239510 said:
Promote could be changed, but it shouldn't be turned into silver because that would kill the card. Instead, Promote should also use the new positioning mechanic, meaning that you can select a target and that target + adjacent targets are turned into gold. This is actually a buff for anything not related to Margaritaville.
This is actually a buff to Promote. So, I have to say "no".

With the current immunity of golds , for a bronze, promote could hit 1 target and it would be fine.

Henselt should be left full row though.

Another reasonable nerf could be margarita only counting played golds , not summoned ,revived, spawned , transmuted , etc

HenryGrosmont;n8241110 said:
This is actually a buff to Promote. So, I have to say "no".

It's more a change that an outright buff. The idea behind it is that Promote can no longer promote a gazillion Adepts which spawn another quintillion Adepts. It would be fine if Promote is limited to three targets.

shroudb;n8241400 said:
Another reasonable nerf could be margarita only counting played golds , not summoned ,revived, spawned , transmuted , etc

You do realise that limits her power to only 4 cards, right? That would make the card useless.

4RM3D;n8239510 said:
Ouchies. Inb4 Promoting 2 Siege Towers + 3 Adepts or Margarita + adjacent Ranged units without sacrificing Promote on singularly Margarita :3

4RM3D;n8241470 said:
It's more a change that an outright buff. The idea behind it is that Promote can no longer promote a gazillion Adepts which spawn another quintillion Adepts. It would be fine if Promote is limited to three targets.
In that case, it's Henselt who should get 3-5 cards range. If we're going there of course, not that I propose it outright. But between Henselt and Promote, no way the latter should get buffed. Maybe make Promote "up to 3 units of the same type"?

zantclick;n8241500 said:
Inb4 Promoting 2 Siege Towers + 3 Adepts

That wouldn't work. It's limited to a maximum of three cards, meaning the selected target and its neighbours.

Top Bottom