Northern kingdoms HENSELT problem (op)

+
4RM3D;n8241640 said:
That wouldn't work. It's limited to a maximum of three cards, meaning the selected target and its neighbours.
Hadn't read page 2 when I posted, and also for some reason pictured a Toruviel-esque version of "adjacent units" rather than just three. Bad brain is bad.

HenryGrosmont;n8241570 said:
In that case, it's Henselt who should get 3-5 cards range. If we're going there of course, not that I propose it outright. But between Henselt and Promote, no way the latter should get buffed. Maybe make Promote "up to 3 units of the same type"?
Limiting Henselt is pretty much a no-brainer, but without a change to Promote, his ability becomes worse than a bronze card. I like your suggestion for 3 units of the same type, but there's no other cards with similar mechanics which begs the question of whether it could happen. Maybe a better option would be to Promote 3 adjacent bronze units only - that way it gets a small buff to compensate. The goal is to have a balanced card, not an unplayable one.

4RM3D;n8241470 said:
It's more a change that an outright buff. The idea behind it is that Promote can no longer promote a gazillion Adepts which spawn another quintillion Adepts. It would be fine if Promote is limited to three targets.

You do realise that limits her power to only 4 cards, right? That would make the card useless.

3cards is 6 power. give her a reasonable 9 base, and even with 1 gold played alongside her she is above average. with 2+ she becomes a 13-17 power silver.

I don't see how this is bad for a card.

If anything, the current 30+ power from a bronze+a silver is insane.

permadeath could be an alternative solution.

the thing is, SHE really is the core of the problem, and she Only a silver .

she needs to be nerfed

Last edited:
TaazuKO.jpg
Lmao 2 Margarita + 5 played-infantry + HenSet + 2 Promote give me 1k point.
Opponent quit too fast >> point's still increasing :D

zantclick;n8245130 said:
Your imgur link is just directly to the imgur site. No actual pic selected.
Thank you :facepalm2:

Attachments

• TaazuKO.jpg
    TaazuKO.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
nhk3;n8241920 said:
Limiting Henselt is pretty much a no-brainer, but without a change to Promote, his ability becomes worse than a bronze card. I like your suggestion for 3 units of the same type, but there's no other cards with similar mechanics which begs the question of whether it could happen. Maybe a better option would be to Promote 3 adjacent bronze units only - that way it gets a small buff to compensate. The goal is to have a balanced card, not an unplayable one.
No, adjacent bronze units makes Promote better. Which isn't the goal I assume. As for Henselt, Aretuza Adepts screw the situation over. The situation is a bit complicated. I underlined that I do not suggest that Henselt change. I wrote that if one of those is to change that way, it should be Henselt.

HenryGrosmont;n8241570 said:
Maybe make Promote "up to 3 units of the same type"?
that's basically what it is now except adepts. so i can bring out 3 siege towers or reinforced ballistas and promote them up, it's the same story all over again. this change is abysmal.
promoting the 3 adjacent units sounds the most reasonable ofc it's a buff in a way but a (greater) nerf as well. this will kill margarita and adept combo

ngtahai;n8242160 said:
Lmao 2 Margarita + 5 played-infantry + HenSet + 2 Promote give me 1k point.
Opponent quit too fast >> point's still increasing :D
Your imgur link is just directly to the imgur site. No actual pic selected.

Ruthless95;n8244790 said:
that's basically what it is now except adepts. so i can bring out 3 siege towers or reinforced ballistas and promote them up, it's the same story all over again. this change is abysmal.
promoting the 3 adjacent units sounds the most reasonable ofc it's a buff in a way but a (greater) nerf as well. this will kill margarita and adept combo
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't directly proposing it. I also stated that current ability is weaker than proposed 3 (1+2 adjacent). As long as Henselt can promote the entire row, Aretuza Adept spam will be there. Wait... does it mean that both, Henselt and Promote should be changed? I think it does.
Then maybe this: Promote 1+2 adjacent, Henselt 1+2 on each side (D-Bomd style). It was said somewhere that Leaders are essentially an additional Silver card. So, make it work like one.
This won't kill Margarita either because of the cards like Yennefer.

HenryGrosmont;n8247220 said:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't directly proposing it. I also stated that current ability is weaker than proposed 3 (1+2 adjacent). As long as Henselt can promote the entire row, Aretuza Adept spam will be there. Wait... does it mean that both, Henselt and Promote should be changed? I think it does.
Then maybe this: Promote 1+2 adjacent, Henselt 1+2 on each side (D-Bomd style). It was said somewhere that Leaders are essentially an additional Silver card. So, make it work like one.
This won't kill Margarita either because of the cards like Yennefer.

yes a henselt golding up 5 units and promote being 1 + 2 adjacent units make sense. (and TBH i rarely use henselt for more than 5 units since i'm not doing the PFI spam)
true about yen but then there are cards that counter yen like igni in case of equal strength adepts

Ruthless95;n8248840 said:
yes a henselt golding up 5 units and promote being 1 + 2 adjacent units make sense. (and TBH i rarely use henselt for more than 5 units since i'm not doing the PFI spam)
true about yen but then there are cards that counter yen like igni in case of equal strength adepts
Well, playing or countering Yen would be a tactical or even strategical move. Also, Igni would target either Ballistas or Towers and not Adepts.

HenryGrosmont;n8247220 said:
Today, for a few hours, CDPR mistakenly released a hotfix with these exact changes. Just sayin'...

The amount of whining is quiet amazing. Several people on this thread already explained how to easily defeat a Henselt deck. Practice, get better, change deck, use that deck, doing something and trying different things, way better than whining. But then again, this only happens in like every online game.

Shonendo;n8259430 said:
The amount of whining is quiet amazing. Several people on this thread already explained how to easily defeat a Henselt deck. Practice, get better, change deck, use that deck, doing something and trying different things, way better than whining. But then again, this only happens in like every online game.
So basically put 3 lacerates in every deck ever. You must be joking, right ?

well if you only want to touch PFI while Margarita and Siege towers generate the actual strength.
If the "hotfix" will be final this deck is dead. It isn't even that strong.
If there is a change then CDPR need to push it asap or wait after the qualifiers.
I really would want them to wait for the qualifiers to end and have actual data how strong this deck.

Making PFI spawns fleeting would reduce the PFI spams in later rounds.
Changing Margarita is also an option. Everything is better than completely destroying two NR leader abilities.

I feel that if promote is made a silver I wouldn't use the henselt deck anymore as it's too costly to make golds.

I think it could be better if promote works for 3 units only, the one chosen and two adjacent.

Link3933;n8261560 said:
I feel that if promote is made a silver I wouldn't use the henselt deck anymore as it's too costly to make golds.

I think it could be better if promote works for 3 units only, the one chosen and two adjacent.
A hotfix went through accidentally the other day that changed its effect to just that. Hensalt also got a change that effects a unit and two units on both sides. They reverted the change for now but it'll go through again soon

Tamacountry13;n8264180 said:
A hotfix went through accidentally the other day that changed its effect to just that. Hensalt also got a change that effects a unit and two units on both sides. They reverted the change for now but it'll go through again soon
That is exactly what I thought would happen.
For a simple reason that there are no reasonable counters.
Not sure if it's the best change but a change is certainly needed.

Eh...I don't know that he needs fixing, but if they do that's fine. I don't mind playing against Henselt decks. I'm going to lose a round. I accept this. It's simply a question of making sure I force my opponent to play as deep into that round as I possibly can.

Top Bottom