I do not get the reaver hunter

+
I do not get the reaver hunter

The reaver hunter has the value of 4. Its desciption states: Deploy or Bond: Boost all Reaver Hunters in your Hand, Deck and on your side of the Board by 1.
When a Reaver Hunter Trio is completed, Damage the HighestEnemy by half its Power (rounding up and ignoring Armor). So knowing this and also knowing basic math you would think play one card they become all 5 play the second card they become all 6 and the third card they become all 7.

But what actually happend when I play them or see others play them. Play first card they become 7 play second card they become 9 or 10 (that seems to be randon) play the third they become all 13. So how can 4 plus 1 become 7 and how can 7 plus 1 become 9 of 10 and how can 9 or 10 plus 1 become 13. In the world of gwent the math seems to be a bit strange lol.

I would love to know how this is calculated.

Because bonding increasing the strength for every extra unit exponentially. The first unit gives you 1 extra strength, the 2nd unit 2 (+1), the 3rd 3 (+2+1). If you look at the growth of one Reaver Hunter, it goes as follows: the unit's strength increases from 5 to 7 to 10 to 14 to 19 to 25, etc.

Top Bottom