Staff member

+
There is also an auction running for the charity organisation ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Orchestra_of_Christmas_Charity )

The price is of course much higher than the prices in other auctions, but... the Collector's Edition is with number 0000 :D
http://aukcje.wosp.org.pl/show_item.php?item=577183

You also get there the Razer mouse pad (with Witcher theme).

I thought it's worth mentioning :)

But of course ;)

Point Score:
Monimonster = 1pt
227 = 1 pt
Szypek26 = 1 pt
Thsccks = 1 pt
Guy N'wah = 1 pt
Tanhit = 1 pt
*Tommy* = 1 pt
Chuckles = 1 pt
Quixote = 1 pt
Darksavior = 1 pt
Freesia = 2pt
siklara = 2 pts
feddo = 2 pts
Petra Silie = 2 pts
Blackrock = 3 pts
Lyonesse = 3 pts
Ifayra = 3 pts
Pham = 4 pt
Unkreativ = 4 pts
Ankah23 = 4 pts
dmcaldw = 6 pts
gen. Nighty = 5 pts
Arosus = 9 pts
volsung84 = 8 pts
e-ahmet = 10 pts
Cassandra31EEE = 11 pts
Corylea = 12 pts
MisterD373 = 12 pts
Vilgefortze = 12 pts
Vatt`ghern = 13 pts
Mik@`el = 17 pts
Gorthuar = 18 pts
Jack in the Green = 24 pts
56236 = 68 pts

Witcher 2 Twitter giveaway

This is dedicated to all you out there who are low on energy (or just want free games). Thursday, one more working day till the weekend. Well not here, cause everyone in Poland has a day off on Friday. But we still need more energy to survive.
Tons of coffee and energy drinks, those are our magic potions. And suddenly an idea pops into our heads: If we only had a Witcher themed energy drink. What do you think, how would it be called? Well you can share your ideas with us and win one of two digital copies of The Witcher 2, courtesy of GOG.com. A sudden idea transforms into another twitter giveaway.
The rules are simple:
1. Follow us on @witchergame on Twitter
2. Tweet “@witchergame http://bit.ly/wG3OSz Geralt would drink” and give us your name for the energy drink. The link in the tweet redirects to this page.
3. We will randomly choose the winners on Monday at 11 a.m. (GMT +1)

Good Luck!

The Witcher 2 received 50 awards

The end of each year is the time when world's largest gaming media hand out their nominees and awards to the best games of passing twelve months. We are pleased to announce that we've managed to gather 50 awards in just few recent weeks!
We would like to use this opportunity to thank our fans and journalists for very enthusiastic reception of our game and generous number of awards presented to Assassins of Kings lately. Below is a breakdown of recent awards given to The Witcher 2:
-Best PC graphics – IGN
-Best Adaptation or Use of License – Gamespot
-Best PC Game of 2011 – Gamasutra
-Best PC of 2011 – Egamer
-Studio of the Year (CD Projekt RED) – Egamer
-Best PC Game of 2011 – Kotaku
-Best PC Game of 2011 - Capsule Computers
-Best PC Game – WhatifGaming
-Best Story – Gametrailers
-Best European PC Game - Fun & Serious Game Festival
-Best Game Design – European Games Awards
-Best Gameworld – European Game Awards
-Best Special Edition – European Game Awards
-Best European Script - Fun & Serious Game Festival
-Best Graphics Technology – WhatifGaming
-Best Looking Game - Giant Bomb
-Best Voice Acting – WhatifGaming
-Fanboy Award for Best PC Game - Gamesradar
-Best European RPG Game - Fun & Serious Game Festival
-Top 20 at Wired - Wired
-Best Graphics - GameBanshee
-RPG of the Year - GameBanshee
-Best RPG Narrative - Gameinformer
-Best RPG Protagonist - Gameinformer
-Best RPG Combat System - Gameinformer
-Best Voice Cast - Rpgsite
-Best Story - Vadejuegos
-Best RPG - Vadejuegos
-Best PC Game - Vadejuegos
-Game of the Year - Vadejuegos

Actually, this is a known issue with GPU overclocks and factory overclocks causing this kind of visual artifacts (notably the one you are experiencing). This seems to occur most often on Radeons 69xx series. Check e.g. THIS thread on Tom's Hardware.
If your GPU is indeed overclocked or factory overclocked I'd recommend clocking it down to defaults.

Holiday twitter giveaway!

Happy Holidays everyone! We’re giving out free digital copies of the Witcher 2 today (courtesy of GOG.com). All you have to do is to follow us on twitter (@witchergame) and tweet: “@witchergame All I want for Christmas is #Witcher”
We will pick two random followers and give them a free copy of the game. The deadline is tomorrow (23rd December) at 10 GMT. Don’t worry if you lose – tomorrow we’re having another giveaway!

Nothing good came from those topics and it was very good decision to lock them. And I'm not referring to the whole piracy case but insults and negative energy that was flowing through those posts. We encourage everyone to discuss everything you like on our forums, but please keep it nice and polite:) There's no need to throw insults at each other.

JackintheGreen said:
BTW, I wanted to add props for Marcin and Masos for not giving automatic lip service to their franchise, as so many corporate robots in other forums do...

Thanks

Although some people don't seem to appreciate being unbiased

Anyway, I forgot about one more category - The most anticipated of 2012, which to me would be, besides obviously Witcher 2 on Xbox 360, Street Fighter x Tekken - man I can't wait to get my hands on the final version of this game:drool:

Great thread!

Let me get the ball rolling with my pics:

GOTY:
1. Uncharted 3 - brilliant in every aspect, do I need to say more?
2. Dead Space 2 - Amazing game, enhanced everything that was good in the first part and added some other elements, only letdown was lack of bosses
3. NBA 2K12 - Best basketball game ever!

Honorable Mentions:
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Yes I'm a fanboy:)

Surprises:

Dead Island - game caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting too much but it surprised the hell out of me. Still playing it.
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5–7 - This game is a true successor to all the great platformers from back in the day (Mario, Crash, etc.)

Disappointments:

L.A. Noire - I was hyped for this game but unfortunately had to force myself to finish it. Started off good but couldn't keep up proper pace.

sonia-my said:
Hello DI players... I am planning to buy it soon, but after reading multiple thread of opinions & reviews.. may I know if Dead Island similar to Silent Hill - search weapon-to-survive types of game?

DI offers two different approaches. If you're playing it alone, it's easier to immerse into the game's world and get scared. When you're playing co-op it's closer to L4D (faster pace) but better IMO.

Overall, game can be scary (when playing single player) and it offers tons of fun! I love the melee combat where you actually feel the physics when you hit someone with a knife/machete/hammer or whatever you're using. I've clocked in almost 30 hours alone (still haven't finished single player) and just started another playthrough with a friend who just got the game yesterday. Game is also quite heavy on RPG elements (well, much heavier than I expected) so get ready for a lot of exploring and zombie slashing:D

I highly recommend this game

Saso1984 said:
For me I've been waiting a long time for the medallion, some genius decided not to include mine in the box with the sculpture. I destroyed the packaging hoping it was hidden somewhere inside. I order stuff off the internet all the time and if this is not gonna arrive Im assuming its lost in Poland somewhere. I'm better off visiting the HQ and picking it up in person than waiting to get it in the mail. Where are the medallions held anyway?

I'm sorry but I have no idea what happened. I sent you an extra one back when we originally talked, I think it was October?

Top Bottom