Now -this- is Cyberpunk.

+
From the brilliant Warren Ellis' newsletter, to which I subscribe proving I am better than everyone who does not..

THE TRAILER IS SEVEN HOURS LONG.
Ambiancé is 720 hours long (30 days) and will be shown in its full length on a single occasion synchronised in all the continents of the world and then destroyed. Ambiancé will be the longest film made that doesn't exist.​

Yes, a 30 day, one showing only movie that is then destroyed. THAT is Cyberpunk.

So here are the 4 Main Rules, but there are extra, like The Future Is Disposable and The Street Finds It's Own Uses For Things.

1) Style over substance
2) Attitude is everything
3) Always take it to the edge
4) Break the rules

Anyone else have any real-world examples of Cyberpunk in life? Remember, avoid real world politics by specifics.

Last edited:
I saw this a while ago by that I don't mean this trailer but the first trailer, I didn't watch the whole thing. I sent an email requesting he stream it on twitch but no replies it seems it will only be played at art and film galleries around the world before It'll be destroyed. Really cool but I secretly hope someone manages to record it in full so that people like myself can attempt to watch the full thing.

Sorry, not an "Art Film" fan.
Unless you consider "Citizen Kane" and "Bladerunner" (1982) Art Films.

Oh you people.

This isn't another Fan Art thread. We have those in Fan Art AND we have the CPunk media thread.

This is about cool real-life Cyberpunk -expressions-. Like a film that runs for 30 days across the world simultaneously AND IS THEN DESTROYED.

Cyberpunk Principle: Style over Substance ( although lots of substance) and The Future Is Disposable.

So here are the 4 Main Rules, but there are extra, like The Future Is Disposable and The Street Finds It's Own Uses For Things.

1) Style over substance
2) Attitude is everything
3) Always take it to the edge
4) Break the rules

also this. Very Cyberpunk.

https://www.lot2046.com/

"LOT is a subscription-based service which distributes a basic set of clothing, footwear, essential self-care products, accessories, and media content. "

am i missing something here? i really dont understand how making a film about being obtuse just to be obtuse that contains nothing sci fi at all in it really counts, beyond fitting some pretty broad principles...

One of my favorite bands, VNV Nation's Illusion, synced up to the short film "Doll Face" by Andy Huang , it seems amazingly fitting for Cyberpunk imo if you listen to the lyrics and the point of the video.

I skimmed through the 7 hour trailer and I didn't see anything sci fi, just a video of a few people picking up stones and branches on a beach wearing toilet paper looking ghost outfits. This is so hipster it hurts to even comprehend. I'll pass on a 720 hour movie. This is some very strange criteria for what is considered Cyberpunk and what isn't.

Should I assume this is the public place where mods plan and start riots?
First with the media then right for the street level.

@Sardukhar
I know of one really cool thing but I don't think it qualifies for what this thread is for.

www.huntakiller.com

you basically get a murder investigation every two months I think, it's really cool but again I'm not really sure it counts as Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom