The Witcher Mac Version Of Steam Can't Change Language To Traditional Chinese

+
The Witcher Mac Version Of Steam Can't Change Language To Traditional Chinese

I bought a copy of "The Witcher" from steam yesterday, and want to run it on my iMac.

I find out that it can't change language to display traditional chinese. I change the setting in steam window to let the game display chinese.

But when I run the game, it provides me only two language to choose: English and Polish.

What can I do now?

morphinewan said:
I bought a copy of "The Witcher" from steam yesterday, and want to run it on my iMac.

I find out that it can't change language to display traditional chinese. I change the setting in steam window to let the game display chinese.

But when I run the game, it provides me only two language to choose: English and Polish.

What can I do now?
I don't think TW1 has a Traditional Chinese function for language, just several European languages. You could try looking up a language pack for it.

Felix-the-Drunkard said:
I don't think TW1 has a Traditional Chinese function for language, just several European languages. You could try looking up a language pack for it.

The Product Page On Steam says it contains Traditional Chinese [Text Only]. So I bought it.

Tommy said:
Look in your witcher/Data folder for a dialog_21.tlk file

Mine is Mac version.

I search the bundle and there is no such a file in "The Witcher/data" path. But it contains dialog_3.tlk and dialog_5.tlk. Any idea?

morphinewan said:
Mine is Mac version.

I search the bundle and there is no such a file in "The Witcher/data" path. But it contains dialog_3.tlk and dialog_5.tlk. Any idea?
Those should be English and Polish i believe . I looked through my files and the dialog files match the language files except for the dialog_21.tlk which should be the chinese files .
One thing you can do is run a file integrity check through Steam . If everything checks out as ok i could send you the file in question .

Tommy said:
Those should be English and Polish i believe . I looked through my files and the dialog files match the language files except for the dialog_21.tlk which should be the chinese files .
One thing you can do is run a file integrity check through Steam . If everything checks out as ok i could send you the file in question .

I ran the file integrity check. It reported there were 5 file contain error. But It didn't fix it and finished immediately.

I have no idea.

And there is still no dialog_21.tlk generated.

Tommy said:
Sent you an email .

Thank you for your help.

It is done. Perfect job.

I have another question. Can you tell me where the game save file stored in? I searched the bundle and can't find it. I want to copy and share them between my two macs.

I'll appreciate for it if you can help me.

morphinewan said:
Thank you for your help.

It is done. Perfect job.

I have another question. Can you tell me where the game save file stored in? I searched the bundle and can't find it. I want to copy and share them between my two macs.

I'll appreciate for it if you can help me.
Don`t know about Mac but in Windows it`s Documents>the witcher>saves

Tommy said:
Look in your witcher/Data folder for a dialog_21.tlk file

Hey bro, I'm Chinese and I have exactly the same problem, I've been desperately tried every means but I can't switch the text into chinese. Can you help me out?

Tommy said:
Just download and unzip and place in the witcher/Data folder

Thx for your reply, finally I found the right folder to put this file, it was so difficult to find it on Mac. However, now I cant even launch the game. I am trying to verify the integrity on steam, and will do a defragment cache. God, I'm sweating.

Tommy said:
Just download and unzip and place in the witcher/Data folder

wow, the game can't even launch now, but even I remove the file, the game still cannot start. I don't know wt happened.

MutantPotato said:
wow, the game can't even launch now, but even I remove the file, the game still cannot start. I don't know wt happened.

Can you be more specific as in what happens exactly .

Tommy said:
Can you be more specific as in what happens exactly .

yes, so I unzip and dragged that file into witcher/data folder, relaunch but the game doesn't start, just a silence black screen. Then I try to verify integrity on steam, and I have the same result. After all I removed that file, but still, the game just can't launch now.

MutantPotato said:
yes, so I unzip and dragged that file into witcher/data folder, relaunch but the game doesn't start, just a silence black screen. Then I try to verify integrity on steam, and I have the same result. After all I removed that file, but still, the game just can't launch now.

Ok when you click the launcher do you see any intro logo`s or the opening movie . If black screen from the launcher do you see the gloved hand ?

I'm looking forward to using a MAC computer to play Witcher Traditional Chinese.This game has been unable to update to become Traditional Chinese.I have changed my language setting, but still only English and Polish.It is very disappointing.I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Top Bottom