How long did it take you to reach Pro-Rank for the first time?

+
having a net deck is no guarantee of victory
Yeah I learned about the new expansion just after I said that and my point wasn't 'will I make it', I definitely could if I wanted it. Question is... is 200k dust enough to go infinite? Does the 15 or so keys you get each month feel like it's enough to keep getting the relevant things from the new expansions? I essentially went over to hearthstone for a long time because that's what my friends were playing then I came back here, the cards are all different when I come back, I was hitting diamond 1 each season without a fully finished net deck so I don't see why I can't make top 3,000 or so on gwent without a problem since now I can have any deck I want.

Currently, I am Rank 13 and started the season at rank 20 I think and I cannot see myself going any higher than 10 if I am lucky and spend enough time this month.

I would say a casual player can take 3-4 months of everyday gaming (1h per day) to reach pro rank.

Is it a safe estimation?

Currently, I am Rank 13 and started the season at rank 20 I think and I cannot see myself going any higher than 10 if I am lucky and spend enough time this month.

I would say a casual player can take 3-4 months of everyday gaming (1h per day) to reach pro rank.

Is it a safe estimation?

No. Because you fall back down two ranks per month. Also, a lot depends on your opponents and your deck. The meta changes (in theory,) every month. What worked last month might not this month. I think it really comes down to a number of factors including luck and skill.

Guest 4375874

Is it a safe estimation?
too many changes too frequently. In my mind that's one of the things holding the game back from being truly great. Some may argue constant changes are necessary to stay fresh and to some extent I agree with that but when you are constantly changing the meta as frequently as it has it gives the impression that the Devs have no clear sense of direction.

I've only made it to rank 2, then I left for several months and understandably my ranking is in the dumps. How quickly you progress will change depending on where the meta is, what faction you are currently using and how much time you are willing to invest so there's no set time frame. I play for fun so I don't really care about going pro.

too many changes too frequently. In my mind that's one of the things holding the game back from being truly great.
I really wish this was true, but frankly, it's not. I've now been playing for around two months, and the only significant change I've seen the developers make was when they nerfed the Hidden Cache leader ability (which I fully supported). Other than that, everything has remained exactly the same; the numerous broken cards are still broken, and the even larger number of unplayable cards are still unplayable.

Guest 4375874

I really wish this was true, but frankly, it's not. I've now been playing for around two months, and the only significant change I've seen the developers make was when they nerfed the Hidden Cache leader ability (which I fully supported). Other than that, everything has remained exactly the same; the numerous broken cards are still broken, and the even larger number of unplayable cards are still unplayable.
I wasn't really speaking about balancing so much as significant changes to the meta. The next expansion will only be a few months from the last and every expansion changes the meta almost completely. No existing deck now will be the same at the end of the month so there's very little consistency in the foundation of the game. I left the game shortly after MOO and when I recently came back I had to change my deck to survive, now there's another expansion in a few weeks and i'll have to change it again.

I started playing the game about a month ago. I made it this month in about 2 weeks.

I made it to pro with a call of harmony shupe deck I made lol... I mostly used shupe for artifact removal or in hunter form. You can get some pretty cheesy steals with mage form though xD

I started playing the game about a month ago. I made it this month in about 2 weeks.

I made it to pro with a call of harmony shupe deck I made lol... I mostly used shupe for artifact removal or in hunter form. You can get some pretty cheesy steals with mage form though xD
In 2 months from now I will still be on rank 13...from Rank 13 :cry::facepalm:

Guest 4375874

Oh... :D thanks for hiding that bit. I hate you less now :cool:
lol He's playing Harmony, you can get there easily with that or any other meta deck with a high win rate. Not everyone likes going that route but if that's your thing it'd definitely cut the time down. Why do you think NG is so prevalent right now

lol He's playing Harmony, you can get there easily with that or any other meta deck with a high win rate. Not everyone likes going that route but if that's your thing it'd definitely cut the time down. Why do you think NG is so prevalent right now
Call of harmony as in the leader with like a 41% win rate lol
I'm not into meta decks. I'm here for the memes

Edit: I looked it up its actually like a 44% winrate at pro rank.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

Call of harmony as in the leader with like a 41% win rate lol
Cool. Wasn't referring to a leader ability. ST has been one of the most consistent Decks over the past several months. Aside from NG it's the faction I come across the most. When you see cards/plays or factions in abundance it's usually with good reason. That stat doesn't tell me anything you'll see ppl throwing around stats here with very little to support it, I trust what I see and analyze myself.

Cool. Wasn't referring to a leader ability. ST has been one of the most consistent Decks over the past several months. Aside from NG it's the faction I come across the most. When you see cards/plays or factions in abundance it's usually with good reason. That stat doesn't tell me anything you'll see ppl throwing around stats here with very little to support it, I trust what I see and analyze myself.
You have plenty of excuses if nothing else...

You can't just presume I'm running a meta deck you have no idea what my list looks like lol. I'm not sure you understand what a meta deck is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom