Cannot pick up items that appear as pickupable (white box)

+
Does it not work at all or just for a few select items?
If the latter is the case I fear most people have this issue.
I saw people posting pictures of a white item next to a vending machine under a cardboard sheet that can't be picked up right in front of your apartment. That item is in my game too with the same issue.
Sometimes items dropped by enemies bug out and can't be picked up too.

Does it not work at all or just for a few select items?
If the latter is the case I fear most people have this issue.
I saw people posting pictures of a white item next to a vending machine under a cardboard sheet that can't be picked up right in front of your apartment. That item is in my game too with the same issue.
Sometimes items dropped by enemies bug out and can't be picked up too.

I stopped playing after noticing the bug for the 2nd time. I started a nomadic play through and one bag in town as well as a pack of cards in the comm tower also couldn't be picked. I managed to loot all the rest so far though, but I stopped because I don't want to continue playing the game if I cannot pick up everything I am supposed to pick. Reselling seems important in this game so.

Some stuff is just like this, or you have an NPC sitting right next to it, and you want it, but can't get it. Don't worry. Just leave it alone. There's plenty enough out there already as is. There are duplicates for a lot of the little notebook shards, I've noticed as well.

This is happening quite a lot with me too. I think the hit boxes are off by quite a way for some items, like a bottle on a shelf I could not get to in a bar until I shot the glass in front of it or some stuff on shelves or on the floor in corners that just wont have it. Also sometimes dropped weapons are obscured by whats left of the enemies I have killed and I just end up moving them rather than trying to find the precise pixel where I can pick up my loot.

I had an issue with one of those Cyber psychos too. She ran out of a parking garage, tried to go up the ramp and fell into it leaving me to take free pot-shots at her disembodied head. It reminds me very much of some issues I had with `The Division 2` where my character fell through the world.

Not being a programmer myself I can only imagine that the world Geometry and the items are two separate sets of Data and the ones you cannot pick up have hit boxes that are clipping through the geometry and their hit boxes are buried in or under a `solid` item.

What I think would be a real QOL improvement is an area loot ability that can just tag all those fiddly little hit boxes for you.
Let's just hope CDPR actually read these forums and can take our feedback positively.

The hardest thing for me is my skill that has robots drop extra mods. You hardly can ever pick those up. You can pick up the crafting material though most the time.

Yeah, I get the issue with lots of stuff on the floor that I can't pick up.

And robots that have items on them that I can't collect. It's frustrating.

I've had this happen a few times, a good example is the pack of cards by the door in the apartment.

I have been able to get round it with some items if they are on a box or something by jumping on the box but have also had enemy corpses that should be accessible just not allow me to loot no matter where I stood. Thought it might be the games way of taunting me for being such a loot goblin!

I stopped playing after noticing the bug for the 2nd time.....

/Eyeroll

There are like 6 items ive found in game that i couldnt loot, and those items ARE ALWAYS there, Ive made over 400k, and i breakdown EVERYTHING. you will have more than enough loot.

The tactile feel of looting needs to be changed, as it makes it feel as though looting isnt working right, and the few bugged items that have icons but cant belooted need to be fixed. But there are nowhere near enough to say you quite the game over it,

Yeah, I get the issue with lots of stuff on the floor that I can't pick up.

And robots that have items on them that I can't collect. It's frustrating.
same issues. however, I was able to pick up robot loots, after moving around and hovering my crooshair all over the legs area. Just keep checking where you get to see the item pop up and then pick it up by pressing F. Still needs to be fixed I suppose.

same problem on 1.04 gog w/o galaxy. every other item is not pickable or you have to do crazy flic-flac round them to be able to pick them up.

Yeah, I'm getting this intermittently. So far it hasn't broken any quests - just an immersion hitch.

Same issue with me on the latest GOG version. I encountered this on the very first mission as a Nomad. Was anyone else able to pick up these particular two items (see below)? Or are those bugged for literally everyone?

Same issue with me on the latest GOG version. I encountered this on the very first mission as a Nomad. Was anyone else able to pick up these particular two items (see below)? Or are those bugged for literally everyone?

Lol, I've got the same issue with EXACTLY the same items! :D
The most annoying part though, is when you drop something from your inventory by accident and can't pick it back up. Happened to me once in the begining of my play through and learned not to do that since.
But after 18 hours I can still say that it's a minor inconvinience and didn't break the game for me. Yet, at least.

I've been unable to pick up the same items indicated above at the tower - the paper, the cards, the colorful brochure-looking thing. Does anyone know if this is a persistent problem with just Nomads or does it occur with everyone, regardless of lifepath?

I've been unable to pick up the same items indicated above at the tower - the paper, the cards, the colorful brochure-looking thing. Does anyone know if this is a persistent problem with just Nomads or does it occur with everyone, regardless of lifepath?

I don't know that, as I haven't played past prologue on anything but nomad. But past the prologue, as a nomad, I've found only very, very few items that don't pick up. Like maybe 5 out of 300.

Yeah, I am in Night City proper now and this is only rarely an issue and so far (thankfully) only with junk items. Curiously enough, both the vinyl record and lotería ticket items I was able to pick up elsewhere but that paper I have never once been able to loot. All ~5 ones I came across so far were affected by this same bug/glitch. The Johnny Silverhand cover vinyl records, too, seem to bug out fairly frequently although with those I was at least able to loot some.

I think given the flat geometry of all these items it has something to do with them intersecting/falling into the ground or something so that their hit boxes are covered by the ground. This is speculation, of course, but fits a record I found on a metal grate walkway. Looking at it from below revealed not (as you would expect) the metal grate walkway texture but the bottom texture of the vinyl record — as if it phased halfway through the walkway.

Another example of that would be that item in front of V’s apartment although there it is pretty obvious that it is covered by another model.

Yeah, the game definitely have an issue with items.

I believe it's due to elevation and in fact, elevation, in general, seems to be quiet a problem in this game.
If an item is located at an elevated position (on a table, for example) and I can't pick it up, usually climbing on the table allows me to interract with it.

Now, it's true that it happens quiet a lot with items that are on the ground too. Maybe they're considered too low to be picked up or the problem is something else entierly.

On the side note, enemies have a fairly hard time dealing with elevation too. I was able to run over them from an elevated position and they don't notice anything...Also, enemies tend to glitch through the floor if it's elevated so, yeah, elevation in general seem to be broken and are one of those things that needs fixing (I'm pretty sure CDPR acknowledged it already, I'm very confident that one will get fixed eventually).

Top Bottom