Can't use Weapons/Hacks

+
So, I don't really know what's up with that ... after the prologue I can't use any weapons (not even draw them) nor can I hack all of a sudden. I can talk to people, drive the car, sell/buy.
Anyone else got this ?
Save/load doesn't fix it, restart the game doesn't fix it. I am literally stuck and can't progress like this.
I also can't unequip or equip new weapons => Action blocked. Can't access Photomode either.

Me too, after returning from stealing the chip, I can no longer equip, unequip or use weapons in any way, all my cyberware is unusable and I can't even jump sometimes. I think the game thinks I'm in cutscene mode even though I'm freeroaming. When I call my car it drives right past me and won't stop, I have to chase it around. Think the entire save is corrupted because only the car and jump issues are fixed on reload.

I'm in the same boat!!! I can't use my weapons at all.I'm on street cred 8 I've been playing through all the bugs an glitches that this beautiful game has to offer🤦🏿‍♂️.But now I can't use my weapons at all nor can I run its really frustrating I had to WALK through a whole mission getting shot at an punching my way through a 3 level building that's BS!!!II uninstalled an reinstalled it still the same problem I hope this gets fixed asap!!!!

Actually I just continued the main mission a bit more and after some a few hours of story developements everything's back to normal. Thought I was at the end of the prologue when I wasn't. If you haven't done the Johnny Silverhand flashback scene yet just keep going through the main story and everything should return to normal.

Also got that problem. Can't draw weapons, can't hack, can't use grenades or inhaler. I can talk to people, drive, etc.

It started after Jackie's ofrenda. Hope it clears up soon.

Hey guys, so sadly ive had the same problem the whole day, it was right at the start of chapter 2 that it happened.
What fixed it for me personally was calling my bike and stepping on it, as soon as i did i exploded but after respawning from it i could use my weapons again. it almost seemed like i shouldve died earlier in the game on the bike but didnt and it needed to "catch up" so that i could use my equipment again.
Hope you guys get it fixed again soon!

The only think that did help was reloading a save in which I had my weapons drawn. gg :)
Anyhow, better than nothing, I guess....

has anyone found any fix for this by any chance? just got this and it doesnt work on any of my saves

It has to do with autosave with me, and I was in a Deleman mission when I died oddly quick. After that, all the manual saves worked, but those were hours prior. Hope that helps, but I will have to wait for a patch... way too much game lost.

I just crafted a sniper rifle, first weapon I've ever crafted, and whenever I try to equip in an empty slot it says "Action Blocked." I'm assuming this is a bug, there's nothing that says it's not equippable because of something like level.

PC, v 1.04, same issue just started after doing a mission hacking a data center. Pretty terrible bug.

OK, Update. If I'm anywhere at the top of the steps, I cannot select/use weapons, change them, or even raise my fists. As soon as I step onto a step, I can. There is no mission happening. I've tried changing objectives, etc. Just cannot access weapons at this spot. Am able to reproduce by leaving and returning to the top of the steps.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 641
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 720
Last edited:
Well dam after 38 hours of playing this just happened to me. I've tried loading from a older save and restarting the game but nothing has worked. I think I'm just going to wait a few months to play the game at this point and hope it gets fixed.

I've encountered this bug where I just can't attach any scope or anything to certain weapons. Idk if im being dumb and it's some sorta game mechanic, but after crafting the Nekomata for example, I click on the "scope" attachment button and it just does nothing, normally it should tab out to the attachment inventory but nothing. Same with the Black Unicorn, can't attach any of my melee mods :( This is after patch 1.0.4 but it's been like this since day 1

Had the same bug. Activating a cutscene helped.
But after the cutscene I got in a car with Takemura and the sound glitched (two sund sorces - voice and radio).

Same problem after accepting some Wakako quest. Quite earlier Takemura and Wakako didn't talk but I had subtitles and their mouth was moving.
Edit: Plot cutscene fixed it

Last edited:
Top Bottom