Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
how do i get high fps on console?
Post automatically merged:

Ok kind of a big update... I installed AI Suite on the windows partition where the game ran as expected, and after that... it ran at about 30 fps in 768p resolution. Holy shit...
Uninstalling it didn't help. I'm doing a system restore now and I will test again...
let us know the results

Update everyone, installed Ai suit and bugged my game out like the problem you all are having, you have two options, if you can Fully remove AI suit using the AI suit remover do so. Safest and best way is fresh windows install! So... DO NOT INSTALL ARMOURY CRATE

It is called. POORLY OPTIMIZED GAME.

I have the same problem, I get more FPS when I turn everything on Ultra...

When I put the game on VERY low. The game looks like a PS1 game with 20 FPS.

When I put the game on VERY high. The game looks like a Next-Gen game with 40 FPS.

Clearly you can tell that there is a problem.

Honestly installing windows didn't take long. In 20 mins i was back playing the game. i did backup the games on another partition. Fresh windows installation took about 5 mins only

Ok kind of a big update... I installed AI Suite on the windows partition where the game ran as expected, and after that... it ran at about 30 fps in 768p resolution. Holy shit...
Uninstalling it didn't help. I'm doing a system restore now and I will test again...
wow you really did take one for the team! :D

Honestly installing windows didn't take long. In 20 mins i was back playing the game. i did backup the games on another partition. Fresh windows installation took about 5 mins only
Doesn't it take like 3hrs just to download the game? I only have 50mps internet...

One thing that is bothering me is how some of you claiming to get over 100 fps on ultra RT settings. My performance is pretty similar after fresh windows install but i doesn't get 100 fps unless i set settings all the way to low. Kinda suck tbh

im on 3440x1440

oh ok fair enough

but are you guys with actually getting much higher fps now at low settings?

1607973126647.png

According to GamersNexus with 5900X at 1080p and low settings with rtx 3080 I should get 172fps!!
This would be a massive jump from the 65fps I get atm....

oh ok fair enough

but are you guys with actually getting much higher fps now at low settings?

View attachment 11085362
According to GamersNexus with 5900X at 1080p and low settings with rtx 3080 I should get 172fps!!
This would be a massive jump from the 65fps I get atm....
im on ryzen 9 5950x, tested on 1080p and low settings, im getting 135 to 145 fps

Your 65fps is glitch caused by AI suite so yeh it will deffo help

For those of you who have reinstalled windows, is it safe to install Armory crate? As I would still like to control my RAM/board RGB!

Also does anything think clearing CMOS might be another quicker fix? Might give it a try....Really don't want to reinstall windows

Seems to be fine with Armory Crate

Can everyone that is having the issue confirm that they at some point had AI Suite installed?

I'm mindblown at how big problems it's causing. For me the rabbit hole goes deeper, I will later write a detailed chronicle because it got even weirder for me and it also involved my antivirus where after uninstalling it, it restored the wacky behavior I was experiencing in some games.

Just a quick update for now, system restore to before installing AI Suite did NOT fix the problem it caused.
F*ck ASUS...

I have this issue and Im now downloading the game after formatting, will let you know

SOLVED. AI Suite seems to be the issue. Formatted and now playing at 100+ FPS.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.
Hey,

Are you getting over 100 fps? if so, what settings and resolution?

It is called. POORLY OPTIMIZED GAME.

I have the same problem, I get more FPS when I turn everything on Ultra...

When I put the game on VERY low. The game looks like a PS1 game with 20 FPS.

When I put the game on VERY high. The game looks like a Next-Gen game with 40 FPS.

Clearly you can tell that there is a problem.

Fresh install windows, I also tried restoring to a point prior and It didn't salve the issue. Fresh install did fix. It must fuck with the registry somehow, good luck

Can everyone that is having the issue confirm that they at some point had AI Suite installed?

I'm mindblown at how big problems it's causing. For me the rabbit hole goes deeper, I will later write a detailed chronicle because it got even weirder for me and it also involved my antivirus where after uninstalling it, it restored the wacky behavior I was experiencing in some games.

Just a quick update for now, system restore to before installing AI Suite did NOT fix the problem it caused.
F*ck ASUS...
Fresh install windows, I also tried restoring to a point prior and It didn't salve the issue. Fresh install did fix. It must fuck with the registry somehow, good luck

i have 250mbps internet but i made backup copy of the game

Move to a separate SSD or HDD via steam, reinstall windows then move back to original location

Actually turning down the graphics can sometimes have little affect on framerates because you are switching the load over to the CPU and you become CPU bound ..... That's why tech sites test CPU performance with 1080p and medium settings using a 2080ti or lately a 3090 because that ensure your CPU is loaded at 100% and the limiting factor is the CPU and not the GPU

However there is also a couple of bugs, one with Ryzen CPUs that doesn't turn on SMT so you are only using half the threads available and overloading the ones that are available and another bug is with the memory pooling ..... Both of these bugs are relatively simple to fix (Google it if you want to try yourself *IF* you are somewhat technically proficient) and should be addressed in the upcoming patch ...... Unless or until these this fixes are implemented those on Ryzen CPUs are going to be CPU bound and turning down the graphics on a high end GPU will only make the problem worse as the load shifts from the GPU to the CPU

Any chance you are on Win7 and don't have a fullscreen option ingame ? If you are on Win7 and can only choose a windowed mode you got your answer for the poor performance.
The guy from the youtube clip is on Win10 and dedicated fullscreen mode because his MSI afterburner overlay works (it won't in windowed mode in CP 2077).

I have the same problem on Win7 with my RX 5700 XT running on 1080p low/medium settings and only getting around 30-40 fps with dips into single digits and hiccups/stutters while in gunfights or near big crowds.
Game is literally unplayable like that.
On the other hand a friend of mine who has pretty much identical hardware specs to mine but is on Win10 can choose fullscreen mode ingame and gets 50-60 fps on 1440p with medium settings.

CP2077 supports Windows 7 only on paper.

You have that backwards .... Windows 7 only supports CP2077 on paper ....... It's a DEAD OPERATING SYSTEM THAT IS OBSOLETE ..... I suggest switching to windows 10 while you can still get it for free (Google it) because you are only going to find fewer games, if any, that Windows 7 will support from here on out and Microsoft isn't going to allow free upgrades forever .... They'll eventually pull the plug and then you are screwed

Annoyingly, I can confirm reinstalling windows resolved the issue. I can now get FPS gains by lowering settings and resolution. I have to assume it was Asus software causing it, but dont want to reinstall it to find out for sure. I did try uninstalling AI Suite and armoury crate + disabling all asus services before reformatting but it made no difference.

After the format im at over 100fps on all low, and even at several hundred fps in menus which even those were capped for me previously.

Top Bottom