Cyberpunk 2077 Permanent Unplayable Single Digit FPS

+
Really hoping someone can help me. Recently I had been getting a random bug where my FPS would drop to single digits (7-15 FPS) and I would need to save and restart the game to clear the issue. Last night this happened again but restarting the game would not fix the issue. The game is now unplayable as I am stuck at 7-15 FPS. I can see it happening when I'm in the loading menus as the menus usually run at 300+ FPS but during the loading sequence they tank to 50 FPS and when the game finally loads the FPS is 7-15 FPS and unplayable.

I already tried reinstalling Cyberpunk 2077 through Steam
I tried using DDU and roll back my drivers and manually reinstalling my drivers
I have tried closing all non-necessary applications before launching

Geforce RTX 3070
Driver Version: 460.89
Intel Core i5-8400
16 GB RAM
Windows 10-64 Bit
Running at 1440p
Typically running at 60-80 FPS on Ultra

If this is your next playthrough try loading some older save and check if this still happens. Feels like theres something wrong with save files. I have something similar though loading save from my 1st gameplay works totaly fine.

Try deleting the cache file (search web for location)?

You mentioned reinstalling, but it maynot have cleaned out the cache files while doing so.. Worth a shot anyhow..

Try deleting the cache file (search web for location)?

You mentioned reinstalling, but it maynot have cleaned out the cache files while doing so.. Worth a shot anyhow..

Tried deleting cache during second clean install, didn't seem to make a difference. I am bewildered at how a bug can like this can be permanent through a clean installation. To me this suggests its something with its interaction with my video card that is happening but I would have thought that would be resolved with a clean driver installation....

Any help anyone can provide would be great... I'd like to keep playing this game...
Post automatically merged:

If this is your next playthrough try loading some older save and check if this still happens. Feels like theres something wrong with save files. I have something similar though loading save from my 1st gameplay works totaly fine.

Tried loading my oldest save file and it does the same thing. It seems to start happening right when the game launches as I can see the frames crash during the splash screen as the menu loads.

Hi,

have you got something from Gigabyte?
I also had this effect a few hours ago. Played normally, suddenly the FPS dropped to 15-30. Otherwise stable at 60 (fixed).
Game restart, GOG restart nothing helped. Windows restart nothing....

After the 2 or 3 time booting I saw a small message that the Gigabyte App-Center wants to update drivers and some tools. I then just clicked "not now" (I don't want to kill my computer before another Lockdown-Weekend ;) ) and tried to continue playing. Then it goes on again with the usual FPS.
Whatever :shrug:

cheers

Hi,

have you got something from Gigabyte?
I also had this effect a few hours ago. Played normally, suddenly the FPS dropped to 15-30. Otherwise stable at 60 (fixed).
Game restart, GOG restart nothing helped. Windows restart nothing....

After the 2 or 3 time booting I saw a small message that the Gigabyte App-Center wants to update drivers and some tools. I then just clicked "not now" (I don't want to kill my computer before another Lockdown-Weekend ;) ) and tried to continue playing. Then it goes on again with the usual FPS.
Whatever :shrug:

cheers

I have an MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 3070.

On the off chance I opened MSI Dragon Center and tried turning off "Gaming Mode". The problem is now gone. I am so confused... but grateful that you poked me in that direction!

Top Bottom