New Journey Starts Today!

+
I think it's great that they didn't go for the MOST OBVIOUS and already very well known characters like Triss or Yennifer or smtn like that, instead they went for a less covered character that is still important and interesting. :) I mean the Witcher universe is much larger then just the 5 main characters that revolve around Geralt lol.
Honestly with Yen or Triss I do not think I would have purchased the premium path for the Journey.
I did not skip a Journey thus far, however I do not think I would care about a journey centered around them.
Also Alzur is in some way (one of) the most important character(s) in the Witcher world, considering he is at the core of the creation of the Witchers AND responsible for some of the strongest Spells.

Honestly with Yen or Triss I do not think I would have purchased the premium path for the Journey.
I did not skip a Journey thus far, however I do not think I would care about a journey centered around them.
Also Alzur is in some way (one of) the most important character(s) in the Witcher world, considering he is at the core of the creation of the Witchers AND responsible for some of the strongest Spells.

Indeed..!

I think that the Witcher franchise is ripe with lore that games can be built upon, it doesn't always have to be Gerald's story-adventure imo.
Ofc capitalising on the books/games protagonists is bound to bring in more sales as people are more familiar with them but that's the cool thing with "journeys", you get to know more about that journey's protagonist as you go along, as long as the character is "good-interesting" it will bring in new and older players alike.

I really like his voice lines, pretty cocky and funny aswell..! :coolstory:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think it's great that they didn't go for the MOST OBVIOUS and already very well known characters like Triss or Yennifer or smtn like that, instead they went for a less covered character that is still important and interesting. :) I mean the Witcher universe is much larger then just the 5 main characters that revolve around Geralt lol.

I would actually say the Witcher Universe revolves arounds Ciri, not Geralt.
Its an interesting case, because usually the main character, the one whose point of view we follow the most is also usually the most important to the plot, but in the Witcher Universe, both in books and games, the former is Geralt and the latter is Ciri.

I love Triss and Yen (mostly Triss...), but i think its better to explore Alzur, because its more likely we learn something knew from its Journey (fresh lore) than revisiting the life of those 2 sorceresses that were already well explored.

Hello all and good night!

I am new to Gwent and started to play during the Alzur's journey, but, for what I seen, there was other journeys with other characters. My doubt is: it is possible to play the old journeys? Is there a place to ready the story of the journeys already finished?

Thanks so much!

Hello all and good night!

I am new to Gwent and started to play during the Alzur's journey, but, for what I seen, there was other journeys with other characters. My doubt is: it is possible to play the old journeys? Is there a place to ready the story of the journeys already finished?

Thanks so much!

It is not possible to play the previous Journeys and there is no news if it will be possible. I attach the story of Geralt's :beer:

Attachments

• Geralt Journey.jpg
    Geralt Journey.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Bought the other journeys but don't think I'm buying this. Mainly I bought the others to complete my collection and for the cardbacks. I like the cardbacks for this one but... seems too early for new journey: had to play a lot to get to level 175 with Ciri's journey, almost until last day.

Bought the other journeys but don't think I'm buying this. Mainly I bought the others to complete my collection and for the cardbacks. I like the cardbacks for this one but... seems too early for new journey: had to play a lot to get to level 175 with Ciri's journey, almost until last day.

- I understand what you're saying mate but imo you're missing out..!
You have to play waaay waaay less now the way this journey has been served.

At last..!
We have time to play at our leisure again as paying customers and can make it to the end.
Now...even though I don't need to play every day to make it i'm playing cause i'm experimenting with decks instead of trying to farm for wins, grinding sucks in gwent imo and this journey, Alzur's journey thankfully has nothing to do with grind ! :)

Last edited:

There's a fraction of the grind involved in this Journey.

In Ciri, you needed to max your well rested bonus and then some EVERY day. For Alzur, if you fully use your well rested bonus every other day, you'll easily make it. From 16 CP/day to just over 5 CP/day to finish the Journey. Which makes sense - Cyberpunk 2077 will be coming out, there will be people spending time with their families over the holidays, and other distractions.

I have resumed playing gwent recently. I missed the 1st & 2nd journey. That's very frustrating because geralt & ciri skin is much more appealing to me than the current one. Will they still be available somewhere, sometime?

Guys come on not every Journey should have a "Ronin" skin. how about a Nomad one next time.

In case anyone other than me is interested, the text below the book in the book cardback says "Triangle within triangle". The text in the book itself is illegible, unfortunately.

The triangles within circles in the book suspiciously resemble Axii, Quen, and Igni (this last one's kind of a stretch, though).

(It instantly became my favourite cardback when I first unlocked it. Books are love.)

Edit: The Eye of God coin says Alzur's Double Cross (though without the apostrophe). Fitting, considering the cart art for ADC.

Last edited:
I just noticed a strange anomaly with the Premium rewards this Journey. In the previous Journeys, there were six Premium levels which awarded the various Faction kegs (1 keg/level for each faction) However, it looks like they forgot to devote a Premium level to handing out the Nilfgaard keg for the current Journey. Has anyone else noticed this? It would be weird if this were only true on my account.

I like the Snowdrop card and art. That rooster :)
The new coins are fun as well. I like most of the art, the ronin thing i don't mind, it's optional to use, but i guess adding this style to all the journeys could be seen as 'redundant' ór as 'consistent'. Maybe even as 'filler'. I still don't mind.

I cringe on the "you get a thunderbolt, you get a thunderbolt ..." lines.

Top Bottom