Mega building design

+
Just find out that the the design of the mega building look a lot like Dredd movie in 2012

002.jpg
001.jpg
003.jpg

There aren't a lot of ways to create a highrise megabuilding or arcology. They are going to have a central open area for light and ventilation and will be generally square (or circular) around that. Apartments will be around the exterior wall and possibly around the interior wall.

Interestingly, the CP2077 ones are built on a base that is significantly smaller than the building footprint.

Add that to the fact Night City is around where San Diago is located meaning >> earth quakes << happen.

According to the flashback to 2023 all of the 12 megabuildings have been there at least since then, so well over 50 years of withstanding earthquakes.

Add that to the fact Night City is around where San Diago is located meaning >> earth quakes << happen.
It is far far to the north of San Diego. It is between San Francisco and Los Angeles, closer to where San Luis Obispo is located. (More specifically, Morro Bay) I would imagine a good earthquake there, which seems like something that does not happen regularly, would make Night City more like Domino City. :)

It is far far to the north of San Diego. It is between San Francisco and Los Angeles, closer to where San Luis Obispo is located. (More specifically, Morro Bay) I would imagine a good earthquake there, which seems like something that does not happen regularly, would make Night City more like Domino City. :)

Pretty much anywhere in coastal California must be close to the San Andreas fault, so earthquakes are likely. But well engineered tall buildings are very resilient to quakes; Tokyo has large numbers of both.

msxyz

Forum regular
According to the flashback to 2023 all of the 12 megabuildings have been there at least since then, so well over 50 years of withstanding earthquakes.
A couple of them should also be quite close to where the nuke set off. The one in Vista del Rey (the closest to Corpo Plaza), it's a few hundred meters in line of sight from the Arasaka headquarters should have been taken down, or heavily damaged by the blast. There is no way a building as massive as that could have resisted the over pressure wave. Even a small demolition Nuke (let's say with a yield of 50-100 tonnes of TNT, I'm not talking about Kilo Tonnes) should have crippled it.

A couple of them should also be quite close to where the nuke set off. The one in Vista del Rey (the closest to Corpo Plaza), it's a few hundred meters in line of sight from the Arasaka headquarters should have been taken down, or heavily damaged by the blast. There is no way a building as massive as that could have resisted the over pressure wave. Even a small demolition Nuke (let's say with a yield of 50-100 tonnes of TNT, I'm not talking about Kilo Tonnes) should have crippled it.

My personal opinion (headcanon) is that the skyline of Night City in the 2023 flashback doesn't actually show what NC looked like in 2023. The memory is happening in V's head, so while the important events are being provided by Johnny's memory, the less important details (like the skyline out the window) are being filled in by V's subconscious. V only knows the Night City skyline of 2077, so that's what she sees when she looks out the Atlantis window in the flashback. It even has the same signs, and that's clearly wrong.

I don't accept it as true that any of those buildings are 50+ years old.

Last edited:
The nuke is a lie invented by Arasaka in complicity with Johnny, who is really a corpo disguised as a rocker. They destroyed their Night City building because they were going to be audited for taxes. Maybe it was to hide the mass theft of office supplies. I am fuzzy on the details.

All that it takes to bring down a large building is the weakening of key load-bearing supports to the point of critical failure. One does not need a large explosion to do this. We have to assume, based on what we observe in the game, that the bomb damage did not extend so far out that it decimated nearby buildings beyond repair.

Top Bottom